Normal Barbie

If it was JUST a doll, it wouldn't be a problem....but the doll represents only one aspect.....look at magazines with teenage girls as their demographic, look at teenage oriented television. It all goes hand in hand.
You aren't special unless you buy "X" clothing" oh...."X" clothing doesn't fit? You aren't special....you're a fucking Cow. Same with Makeup and and a host of other bullshit criteria for "being acceptable".

But ILA's OK with all that shit....because he's a profit/loss kind of guy....he doesn't care how many girls turn anorexic, bulemic, or just go out and kill themselves...as long as Hollister, American Eagle and Maybelline are flush with money.

some one who gets it.

At the very least it is an opportunity to allow you to teach your little girl the proper place and objects to put on pedestals as a measure of their worth. If you happen to have a little girl who wants to "be like" Barbie.

yeah because only the parents have any responsibility to help children be the best humans they can.

Corporations who MAKE BANK off of expoiting peoples foibles get a complete pass.

yeah because only the parents have any responsibility to help children be the best humans they can.
Straw man.

Corporations who MAKE BANK off of expoiting peoples foibles get a complete pass.

IMO, through experience through the women and girls I know, this is way exaggerated. It is the people, not the toys, that all the women that I know looked up to.

But yeah, if you want to change society, the first place to change it is in your own house. If people didn't buy the dolls, Desh would have less to complain about.

To get people to stop buying a doll that makes it harder for girls to accept the REAL body they will have.

somehow talking about it is an affront to the corporations who make bank off of human foibles.

no one is requesting a law.

this is about talking reality.

this CDC REAL beauty is designed just for that

If it was JUST a doll, it wouldn't be a problem....but the doll represents only one aspect.....look at magazines with teenage girls as their demographic, look at teenage oriented television. It all goes hand in hand.
You aren't special unless you buy "X" clothing" oh...."X" clothing doesn't fit? You aren't special....you're a fucking Cow. Same with Makeup and and a host of other bullshit criteria for "being acceptable".

But ILA's OK with all that shit....because he's a profit/loss kind of guy....he doesn't care how many girls turn anorexic, bulemic, or just go out and kill themselves...as long as Hollister, American Eagle and Maybelline are flush with money.

Corporations are free to sell their wares. People are free to buy them or not buy them. Parents should make the call. Remember parenting? It is really cool when you try it.

You libs sure put a lot if stock in inanimate objects. I feel sorry for you.

Joe was never real dude.

he was never going to give you what you REALLY wanted from him.

he was way to smooth for that.

Sweetie, you should have stopped when you were ahead. The first was funny. Now you are just reaching.

I know GI Joe was never real. Neither was Stretch Armstrong. Neither were the Star Trek or Star Wars action figures.

You are the one complaining about Barbie. You don't see me complaining about a silly child's toy.

How insecure are you that your self worth is wrapped up in a child's toy? You are sad

why is Barbie anatomically so incorrect?

why were boy dolls actually shaped like men except that they were smooth?

Just like how you ignore what black people tell you you ignore what women tell you.

You don't care about anyone who doesn't have a brain print out that matches exactly what yours looks like.

Your the racists this country hates more and more every minute.

Enjoy your last mouthful of tar on the way down into the pit dino

why is Barbie anatomically so incorrect?
Because it is a toy. I played with many toys that were anatomically incorrect.

why were boy dolls actually shaped like men except that they were smooth?

They really weren't. You never had brothers if you believe that they were. Men don't have the weird body shape my Evel Kneivel had, nor the wires that allowed you to bend him into a pretzel.

Using a 3-D model, Photoshop and the Centers for Disease Control’s measurements of the average 19-year-old woman, artist Nickolay Lamm of MyDeals.com has created a rendering of what a Barbie doll would look like if it better resembled an average woman. He used the CDC measurements to make a 3-D model, dressed it up like a Barbie using Photoshop, then photographed a standard Barbie doll next to his model to show the difference.

I stand corrected

Because it is a toy. I played with many toys that were anatomically incorrect.

They really weren't. You never had brothers if you believe that they were. Men don't have the weird body shape my Evel Kneivel had, nor the wires that allowed you to bend him into a pretzel.

name a few

Corporations are free to sell their wares. People are free to buy them or not buy them. Parents should make the call. Remember parenting? It is really cool when you try it.

You libs sure put a lot if stock in inanimate objects. I feel sorry for you.

Peer pressure son....you have no clue....ok....let me put into perspective.....you're at your klan meeting and everyone makes fun.of you continuously because your sheets are cheap 300 thread count from WalMart and everyone else's are Egyptian cotton 1200 thread count from Bed, Bath and Beyond.

name a few

I've already named a few in this thread, Stretch Armstrong, Evel Kneivel. My little green army men would count as well... Not really anatomically correct either...

According to you, I should have been devastated by my GI Joe being so cut and perfect of an example of male anatomy, minus the penis....

However, I was more upset that I couldn't make it do a side kick because it wasn't anatomically correct.

Another toy that wasn't anatomically correct...

While the Six Million Dollar man had better movement, it had a female equivalent, as "correct" anatomically as the man... The Bionic Woman...

Back