Obama's Tax Plan

You think I've been melting down on this thread? I beg to differ. I've been having some fun banter back and forth, with nary a curse word uttered by me. ;)

No, I didn't say you were melting down at all, honestly.

See?

I'm afraid to say anything, I am going to be squashed for sure. Forget I even made that post. :)

I'm not supporting the idea. I just don't like the "People smarter than you" crap. It is BS. People just like him enact those laws. People just like you, just a bit less elitist, also enact those laws.

Superfreak is not that smart. I'm not that smart. Not when it comes to exceedingly complex issues of national tax law or climate change. That's why we have experts, and expert consensus. No one person can be a smart ass on everyting. I doubt one person can even be a smart ass on 1% of things. A lot of men seem to have a problem admitting they don't have the knowledge base, to proclaim expertise on a subject.

That's not an insult. That's the truth. ;)

and YOU are missing the point. I addressed Waters points. Then you acted as though they were somehow wrong.

Lets review... Water said that if you buy a stock you are investing in the company. I said that was wrong. Do you agree with that or not?

Already commented on this.

Water said that all money stays in the economy unless you "burn it". I said that was incorrect. I never said that I wouldn't benefit if the foreign stock went up.

You asked who would benefit. I answered foreign trade and commerce benefits both.

I said that the money could leave our economy. Which is most certainly CAN. That is not to say that the money will stay out of our economy till the end of time. But it most certainly can leave for a long enough period of time to be felt by our local economy.

Do try to pay attention.

You're avoiding the questions I asked, which demonstrate that it does not "leave" the economy.

No, I didn't say you were melting down at all, honestly.

See?

I'm afraid to say anything, I am going to be squashed for sure. Forget I even made that post. :)

Well, if your going to chime in, next time give an honest assessment. There' only one dude on this thread who's been cursing and calling other posters idiots and fools. And it ain't me. ;)

Superfreak is not that smart. I'm not that smart. Not when it comes to exceedingly complex issues of national tax law or climate change. That's why we have experts, and expert consensus. No one person can be a smart ass on everyting. I doubt one person can even be a smart ass on 1% of things. A lot of men seem to have a problem admitting they don't have the knowledge base, to proclaim expertise on a subject.

That's not an insult. That's the truth. ;)
One more time, that doesn't make them smarter than him. As well as the fact that you will have experts in that field constantly in disagreement.

I saw two experts on TV just last night, one saying that we were headed for the largest Depression ever, another saying that the world is turning into gold and we'd all be rich (slight exaggeration on this one, but you get the picture). The idea that they are both studied in the field is reality. They are, both "experts".

The people who enact these laws must choose which experts to listen to, or they just follow their party regardless of what these guys will say. They are not "smarter" than SF, nor are they "smarter" than you.

One more time, that doesn't make them smarter than him. As well as the fact that you will have experts in that field constantly in disagreement.

I saw two experts on TV just last night, one saying that we were headed for the largest Depression ever, another saying that the world is turning into gold and we'd all be rich (slight exaggeration on this one, but you get the picture). The idea that they are both studied in the field is reality. They are, both "experts".

The people who enact these laws must choose which experts to listen to, or they just follow their party regardless of what these guys will say. They are not "smarter" than SF, nor are they "smarter" than you.

Bingo.

And since we're just a bunch of anonymous dudes and gals in cyberspace, our credentials and expertise is always subject to challenge. That's why we use links and experts to back us up. No doubt that experts can disagree, but on Public television, there is full disclousure of their expertise.

Bingo.

And since we're just a bunch of anonymous dudes and gals in cyberspace, our credentials and expertise is always subject to challenge. That's why we use links and experts to back us up. No doubt that experts can disagree, but on Public television, there is full disclousure of their expertise.
So you agree that those who enact the laws are not magically smarter than SF and that some of his ideas may actually be good ones that they haven't thought of yet?

Good.

Already commented on this.

You asked who would benefit. I answered foreign trade and commerce benefits both.

The local economy where the funds are invested benefits. The money is there... not here. Or perhaps you would like to demonstrate how it would benefit CO by my investing in China. CO would get no benefit until I sold the stock (barring an interest payment by the company on which taxes would be owed... which for a start up is unlikely)

You're avoiding the questions I asked, which demonstrate that it does not "leave" the economy.

Yes, it does. If you live in China and I give you money to start a business... my money is now in China. It is no longer here. My wealth does not necessarily leave as I will have equity in your business in China, but the money most certainly does.

You see Damo.... it is pointless trying to get him to understand this concept. He thinks that the government should do his thinking for him. He believes the so called "experts" are indeed smarter than him. In his case, he is correct. He simply cannot grasp the concept that people in DC have not thought of everything.

You see Damo.... it is pointless trying to get him to understand this concept. He thinks that the government should do his thinking for him. He believes the so called "experts" are indeed smarter than him. In his case, he is correct. He simply cannot grasp the concept that people in DC have not thought of everything.

SF this is really high school. Its like your passing notes to Damo, to say something to me. Stop being childish. Come out of hiding dude!

I haven't done a damned thing all day, and I really have to. This board is a bad influence. I'm going to sue Damo over it because that's what liberals do. Ask Dano.

Wanna switch jobs for the rest of the week?

Yes, it does. If you live in China and I give you money to start a business... my money is now in China. It is no longer here. My wealth does not necessarily leave as I will have equity in your business in China, but the money most certainly does.

And what do I do with those dollars? You continue to evade. USD are harder to use in China so...

1. I buy American capital/goods
2. I sell the USD to someone who wants to buy American capital/goods.
3. I put them in a bank, where they are lent to others wishing to buy American capital/goods.
4. I store them in my cellar.

4 is about the only way the currency stays out of the economy, but it does not benefit me or China.

Balance of trade comes to zero, always. Out trade deficit is balanced by a capital surplus. That is the Chinese invest in the US more than we invest there. From what you are arguing this would harm China and benefit the US. I am not sure though you may just be a confused anti-trader like ornot and believe that all the transactions are bad for us.

LOL
wonder what supertool's example of a cost of living tax is
That Idiot though the Trojans couldn't lay the wood big time at the cornhollers house.
Go little red

Back