Obama's Tax Plan

You are as thick and blind as a frigging tree stump!

My post was in response to Dano's claim that because he knew one old guy who worked at McDonalds just for, that's right, "the fun" of it all, there are very few if any poor seniors. I was mocking him

But of course, his completely bs anecdotal post slipped by you. funny how that always happens, isn't it honey?
M'eh. I've already admitted that I no longer can read every post on the site and sometimes am just answering one post. There was no "winky"....

:D

My grandmother lived in one of those supplemented senior housing developments.

And even though I'm stinking rich, when she asked me for extra money because she wanted to buy a new blouse for her 80th birthday party, I told her to go f herself. Isn't it bad enough that my tax dollars are being stolen out of my paycheck to supplement your lazy ^%$, I yelled? And she didn't call back either. But you know, that's neither here nor there, the point is, my grandmother didn't own no home, "most seniors" don't either.

LOL. This is fun.

Since I don't smoke and no one around me smokes, we should have a ban on cigarettes nationwide because....no one will be affected!

When did you become so ignorant with regards to economics. If I invest money in a company in China, my money is THERE. Yes, at some point I may bring my money back to the US... or when I sell this Chinese company, I could buy another. The point was to show Water that money can most certainly leave our economy.

What fucking part of that are you having trouble comprehending? If the money is invested there, it provides jobs there. The money does not EVER have to come back here. Thus it is most certainly possible for money to leave our economy.

The Colorado example was to help him understand. It has nothing to do with currency you fucking moron. It has to do with investment.

Careful SF. You're having another meltdown. Take that blood pressure medication quick.

I like the idea actually. And it should be done at the state level. Not necessarily at the city and county levels. I don't think it would be that complicated, each state would get an applied factor to their taxes for that year.

If your AGI was $100 and you get taxed at 20% if you live in an area that has a high CLI you should pay maybe 90% of that if you live in a lower area should pay 110% of that.

Yes. There is the potential for abuse, but the potential for abuse exists in any government enacted policy.

exactly. It is neither bullet proof nor perfect... but certainly an improvement.

When did you become so ignorant with regards to economics. If I invest money in a company in China, my money is THERE. Yes, at some point I may bring my money back to the US... or when I sell this Chinese company, I could buy another. The point was to show Water that money can most certainly leave our economy.

You are evading the question.

Okay, so you invest US dollars or convert your USD to Chinese currency and invest those. What happens to those US dollars?

Are you of the opinion that the massive capital surplus we enjoy only benefits us? So you would argue our trade deficit is all good?

What fucking part of that are you having trouble comprehending? If the money is invested there, it provides jobs there. The money does not EVER have to come back here. Thus it is most certainly possible for money to leave our economy.

The Colorado example was to help him understand. It has nothing to do with currency you fucking moron. It has to do with investment.

You are starting to sound like toppy. If you invest dollars there then you expect a gain. Both benefit.

The question above demonstrates the currency exchange issues.

Let me guess... Cypress is looking to show that it is not perfect? Wow, great job Cypress. He is a waste of your time. There is no perfect way to adjust for cost of living, but you are correct Tiana, the average cost of living in NY is higher than the average cost of living in MS. So a state wide adjustment would be a step in the right direction.

Apparently though, Rstring and Cypress want something to either be perfect or not exist. Which is fucking funny considering that the plan as a whole is far from perfect to begin with.... which is why I suggested a way to improve it.

Wow. More cussing and melting down, because someone debunks your arguments again? I thought RS was the hot head here ;). You can't even get through one thread with a male who disagrees with you, without having a coronary.

Face it SF: The reason it hasn't been done before, is because it can't. It'd be far to complex, difficult, and subjective to codify a tax code based on an economic metric that not only varies significantly from year to year, but from county to county, and city to city even WITHIN a single state.

Smarter people than you work on tax laws, and I'm sure more than one of them considered your suggestion. It simply wouldn't work, no matter how many times you clench your fists, stomp your feet, and curse. ;)

Smarter people than you work on tax laws, and I'm sure more than one of them considered your suggestion. It simply wouldn't work, no matter how many times you clench your fists, stomp your feet, and curse. ;)

I always hate this saying.

People just like him enact tax laws. The problem is they are few and far between and mixed in are people that don't understand, never will, but still get elected.

Just because they are elected doesn't mean that they are "smarter than" anybody at all. When you work with and meet these people you will find that they are not smarter than yourself and that there is no reason to ignore suggestions from other people that may work.

Waaaaaaa?????? pictures?????? how did I get dragged into this one? I was actually talking about politics this time!

Waaaaaaa?????? pictures?????? how did I get dragged into this one? I was actually talking about politics this time!

;)

Sorry! It just popped into my head at the last minute and I couldn't help it. You go back to talking about politics, and SF you get your mind out of the gutter and off of naked pictures.

Don't worry Tiana, I took care of it.

You are evading the question.

Okay, so you invest US dollars or convert your USD to Chinese currency and invest those. What happens to those US dollars?

Are you of the opinion that the massive capital surplus we enjoy only benefits us? So you would argue our trade deficit is all good?

You are starting to sound like toppy. If you invest dollars there then you expect a gain. Both benefit.

The question above demonstrates the currency exchange issues.

and YOU are missing the point. I addressed Waters points. Then you acted as though they were somehow wrong.

Lets review... Water said that if you buy a stock you are investing in the company. I said that was wrong. Do you agree with that or not?

Water said that all money stays in the economy unless you "burn it". I said that was incorrect. I never said that I wouldn't benefit if the foreign stock went up. I said that the money could leave our economy. Which is most certainly CAN. That is not to say that the money will stay out of our economy till the end of time. But it most certainly can leave for a long enough period of time to be felt by our local economy.

Do try to pay attention.

"Okay, so you invest US dollars or convert your USD to Chinese currency and invest those. What happens to those US dollars?"

That money goes into the local economy. I have a stake in that economy because of it. The person/company I gave the money to then invests in the business, labor etc... What part of that is so hard for you to comprehend?

I always hate this saying.

People just like him enact tax laws. The problem is they are few and far between and mixed in are people that don't understand, never will, but still get elected.

Just because they are elected doesn't mean that they are "smarter than" anybody at all. When you work with and meet these people you will find that they are not smarter than yourself and that there is no reason to ignore suggestions from other people that may work.

That is his idiotic defense to everything... well they must be smarter because they are in DC?? That is why I have him on ignore. He is an idiot. Like Desh he seems to believe that the "smartest" people are the ones that work for the government.

I would be willing to bet Obama never even considered a cost of living adjustment to his proposal.

;)

Sorry! It just popped into my head at the last minute and I couldn't help it. You go back to talking about politics, and SF you get your mind out of the gutter and off of naked pictures.

Don't worry Tiana, I took care of it.

HEY!!!.... YOU are the one that sent my mind to the gutter. I didn't bring Tiana into this YOU did! :rant:

;)

Lets review... Water said that if you buy a stock you are investing in the company. I said that was wrong. Do you agree with that or not?

I disagree with that. How are you not investing in the company by buying their stock? They use the money that you gave them to ideally improve operations and make more money.

I disagree with that. How are you not investing in the company by buying their stock? They use the money that you gave them to ideally improve operations and make more money.

Only on an IPO. If you go out and buy GE stock right now... that money does not go to GE. It goes to the previous owner of the GE stock.

Back