Of what religion are you?

What's your religion?

• Atheism

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Agnostiscim (Just admit it! You're atheist-lights!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddhist

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Christian

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Mormon

• Muslim

• Non-affiliated (a synonym for agnostic, but some people just like to be pedantic and will complain

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Scientoligist (Give Xenu my respects)

• Jewish (Hey Adam)

• Wiccan

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • None of the Above

• Pastafarian (Have you Been Touched by his Noodly Goodness?)

• Total voters
Look up the definition of religion sometime....
How was it Anyoldiron put it.
Athesm is to religion like hair is to a bald man.
He just ain't got any.
However, if the bald guy believed that bald was right, met with other bald men regularly to learn to promote it, worked to convert hairy people to bald, I would consider it a religion.

Try to actually think about it for a moment. The belief that God does not exist is most certainly a belief of a religious nature.

No, its a belief of a rational, empirical nature.

No evidence for God exists. Therefore, it is superstitious to believe in Him/Her.

I would say that these people are Atheists of the capital "A"...

http://www.atheistagenda.org/

They would fit in easiest with the second definition of religion:

2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.

I can't remember really ever seeing a Christian at this site in a long time. It's heavily secular biased.

I'm a Southern Baptist. If I'm not pushing it in my arguments, then my arguments are secular. No?

US.... atheists could easily fall under numbers 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 8....

re·li·gion /rɪˈlɪdʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-lij-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
2. a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects: the Christian religion; the Buddhist religion.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.
7. religions, Archaic. religious rites.
8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion

US.... atheists could easily fall under numbers 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 and 8....

re·li·gion /rɪˈlɪdʒən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ri-lij-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
3. the body of persons adhering to a particular set of beliefs and practices: a world council of religions.
4. the life or state of a monk, nun, etc.: to enter religion.
5. the practice of religious beliefs; ritual observance of faith.
6. something one believes in and follows devotedly; a point or matter of ethics or conscience: to make a religion of fighting prejudice.
7. religions, Archaic. religious rites.
8. Archaic. strict faithfulness; devotion
Or not.

You believe in the lack of a supernatural being. You share the faith or beliefs of those that think God does not exist. That makes it a religious belief.

An agnostic believes in nothing but allows for the possibility of God/afterlife to exist and is the only one that does not believe one way or another.

I have no faith in the fact that there is no supernatural being.

The site just doesn't seem very religious. That's all I meant ;). No grand conspiracy.

Not looking for, nor claiming conspiracy. Seeing where you are coming from. All too often it is assumed that ALL Christians push their religion, and are ALL for Christian theocracy.

IMO, the majority does not deserve to take the rap for the vocal few. For instance, I don't care what you choose to believe. Name your own poison. Also, I would be very much against a theocracy of ANY religion.

Back