Of what religion are you?

What's your religion?

• Atheism

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Agnostiscim (Just admit it! You're atheist-lights!)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddhist

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Christian

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Mormon

• Muslim

• Non-affiliated (a synonym for agnostic, but some people just like to be pedantic and will complain

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Scientoligist (Give Xenu my respects)

• Jewish (Hey Adam)

• Wiccan

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • None of the Above

• Pastafarian (Have you Been Touched by his Noodly Goodness?)

• Total voters
One time they showed us a movie, I was about six years old, about the "End Times". The movie had kids who were "Left Behind" as they weren't believers, their parents had been taken up in the "Rapture". About when I was 8 or so, I knew then that I didn't believe in this stuff, I came home. All the lights were on, the water in the kitchen was running, the stove was open, the front door was open, nobody was home.

Can you imagine what it felt like?

I later discovered that they had shut off all the power and water in the area to fix an issue with underground cabling and water, my mother had gone over to a neighbors for a conversation (probably about her 'walk with God') had shut the door, but not quite all the way and it had blown open as a door often does when not latched correctly.

She had been cleaning the oven when the lights and water went out, and didn't turn off the sink in the kitchen because she didn't realize that she had left the faucet open.

It didn't change the effect that had on me.

Damn that would be sad. When did you deside the rapture was not believable for you after you found your Mom or during the movie?

The first momment I quetioned was hearing the story of Abraham and his son.

I was like five years old an thought that was not the actions of a just God.

From that momment on I kept seeing reasons why the Ideas of religions did not comport with reality for me.

The 'Old Washoe Club' it is that is after the tour at the 'Bucket of Blood' to see the 'Comstock Cowboys'...after a couple of beers ya will see all the ghosts your heart desires!

Comstock Cowboys?
I hope they aren't the ones Willy was singin' about....Cowboys are frequently secretly.....

LOL..........

Comstock Cowboys?
I hope they aren't the ones Willy was singin' about....Cowboys are frequently secretly.....

I don't think so...willy sang about cowboys secretly???Humm never mind this from a "Alter Boy' who just became one as a kid to pillage the sacrament wine!
I am beginning to wonder about you Bro!...:cof1:

I don't think so...willy sang about cowboys secretly???Humm never mind this from a "Alter Boy' who just became one as a kid to pillage the sacrament wine!
I am beginning to wonder about you Bro!...:cof1:
It wasn't very secret, he put out a gay cowboy song just a bit after the gay cowboy movie.

One time they showed us a movie, I was about six years old, about the "End Times". The movie had kids who were "Left Behind" as they weren't believers, their parents had been taken up in the "Rapture". About when I was 8 or so, I knew then that I didn't believe in this stuff, I came home. All the lights were on, the water in the kitchen was running, the stove was open, the front door was open, nobody was home.

I later discovered that they had shut off all the power and water in the area to fix an issue with underground cabling and water, my mother had gone over to a neighbors for a conversation (probably about her 'walk with God') had shut the door, but not quite all the way and it had blown open as a door often does when not latched correctly.

She had been cleaning the oven when the lights and water went out, and didn't turn off the sink in the kitchen because she didn't realize that she had left the faucet open.

Damo,

Did you know the world is 6000 years old and that humans lived with dinosaurs? We know this because of cave paintings in Peru that resemble little blobs that could be interpreted to be dinosaurs if one has an "open enough" mind. We also know that the flood was caused by a great wall of water that surrounded the Earth in a vast sphere that collapsed on Earth 2000 years into it's existence. This killed the dinosaurs.

Convincing, huh? Those people who want us to be monkeys are just spawn of satan.

sounds like to me they could not install the fear in you.

I just did not tell people but luckily I was never forced to go to church.

I do remember knowing I could not tell most people how I believed.
It was kinda funny but I found it a reflection on them and not me and never felt very intimidated by that fact I couldnt tell people. I was never degrading to others beliefs for some reason I just never went through that stage like many do.

I just try to put a nice face on atheism. I don't really push it much. Most of the time I just tell people I'm a Unitarian-Universalist, and most people are too stupid to even know that usually means atheist or one of the more atheistical schools of Bhuddism.

Damn that would be sad. When did you deside the rapture was not believable for you after you found your Mom or during the movie?

The first momment I quetioned was hearing the story of Abraham and his son.

I was like five years old an thought that was not the actions of a just God.

From that momment on I kept seeing reasons why the Ideas of religions did not comport with reality for me.

I always felt sad for that girl he turned into a pillar of salt because of some stupid reason.

Last edited:
Yeah I was forced to attend church until I was 15....
The programming did not stick.

We just never really attend church. Me and my sister are both atheists, and we've just allowed our parents to become lazy in their religion on purpose so that they don't take us to church or question us about our religion. I'm not even certain my dad would let me stay in the house still, if I told him. I'd certainly be pestered so much about it that I'd want to move out.

Damo,

Did you know the world is 6000 years old and that humans lived with dinosaurs? We know this because of cave paintings in Peru that resemble little blobs that could be interpreted to be dinosaurs if one has an "open enough" mind. We also know that the flood was caused by a great wall of water that surrounded the Earth in a vast sphere that collapsed on Earth 2000 years into it's existence. This killed the dinosaurs.

Convincing, huh? Those people who want us to be monkeys are just spawn of satan.
They were building that big Christian Center in CO Springs, they found what appeared to be a human footstep inside a Dinosaur print, they bought that land specifically for that. Along the way as they were building their shrine there was discovered a dinosaur that has much the same 'footprint' as a human, size and all. They changed the plans and built the center over the footprint.

The 'discovery' of the human print was big news at our church, but they never even announced when the second discovery was made.

Pedantic schemantic.
Atheism is not a religion it is abscence of religion.
Kinda like saying a vacuum has an atmosphere.

There isn't any Noahide religion either.

Actually, it is a religous belief. an Atheists faith is one in which they believe God does not exist. They are some of the greatest religious nuts of all time. They go ape shit whenever someone mentions "god" in a public place and try to force everyone to accept their beliefs that their faith be the only one allowed near a public place.

Actually, it is a religous belief. an Atheists faith is one in which they believe God does not exist. They are some of the greatest religious nuts of all time. They go ape shit whenever someone mentions "god" in a public place and try to force everyone to accept their beliefs that their faith be the only one allowed near a public place.

this is so dishonest, its hard to know where to begin.

I've never personally seen an aetheist go "ape shit" when someone mentions God.

I've never seen an aetheist say one can't pray or practice their faith in a public place. Schools? Pray all you want. Knock yourself out. Courtroom? Say all the prayers you want.

What aethists don't want is government employees and institutions leading prayers or otherwise favoring one religion over another.

this is so dishonest, its hard to know where to begin.

I've never personally seen an aetheist go "ape shit" when someone mentions God.

I've never seen an aetheist say one can't pray or practice their faith in a public place. Schools? Pray all you want. Knock yourself out. Courtroom? Say all the prayers you want.

What aethists don't want is government employees and institutions leading prayers or otherwise favoring one religion over another.
We'll compromise and require that everybody must pray individually rather than have it led by anybody in the government.

Now PRAY!

We'll compromise and require that everybody must pray individually rather than have it led by anybody in the government.

Now PRAY!

You're joking right? Sometimes its hard to tell. :clink:

I don't think anyone should be required to pray by any government employee - be it a teacher or a judge, or whatever.

We already have the freedom to pray as much as we want, at home, in churches, and in public places, if the individual wants to.

Damo that's terrible. I feel so bad.

You're joking right? Sometimes its hard to tell. :clink:

I don't think anyone should be required to pray by any government employee - be it a teacher or a judge, or whatever.

We already have the freedom to pray as much as we want, at home, in churches, and in public places, if the individual wants to.
Of course I am joking. However the people who have the "freedom from religion" thing going on are certainly fervent in their beliefs and consider that they know absolute truth.

I actually spent some hours arguing with one of the Atheist people I describe above, the big "A" type, about how having any belief other than the absence of God is a foolhardy venture into myths and invisible friends. He spent a long time trying to convert me to his way of thinking.

For some people it takes on all the aspects of religion, including the incredible certainty with no evidence.

What the hell are you? Hindu?

Do you realize how statitistically unlikely it would be for you to be actually none of those listed above? That covers 99.9% of the US population. I can't be expected to list ever weird-ass barely practiced insane religion out there. Just become an atheist and let rationalism conquer peer pressure.
Not really an option in my case. Religious epiphanies do that to you. And mine is one of the faster growing religions in the U.S., believe it or not. Or it was some five years ago: that may have changed.

OTOH, I'm far more comfortable with atheists and agnostics than with people of most "mainstream" religions. My gods didn't create the universe, you see. :cof1:

I'm Wiccan. That may be fringe-y out where y'all live but 'round these parts, it's purt near normal.

LOL this is crap.
I do not believe in God, I do have friends in the local church and even participate in some church activities as a community social event.

either you suffer from false outrage or do not have a clue.

Not really an option in my case. Religious epiphanies do that to you. And mine is one of the faster growing religions in the U.S., believe it or not. Or it was some five years ago: that may have changed.

OTOH, I'm far more comfortable with atheists and agnostics than with people of most "mainstream" religions. My gods didn't create the universe, you see. :cof1:

I'm Wiccan. That may be fringe-y out where y'all live but 'round these parts, it's purt near normal.
Eh, you go and admit it. I wanted to see more guesses and suppositions!

I like Wiccans, they have pretty much the same attitude as Buddhists in a lot of things.

LOL this is crap.
I do not believe in God, I do have friends in the local church and even participate in some church activities as a community social event.

either you suffer from false outrage or do not have a clue.

No false outrage, just your inability to comprehend what was written.

Your "belief" or "disbelief" in God, makes it religious. It is on faith that you hold the belief that God does not exist.

That doesn't mean all atheists are nutjobs... anymore than a few nutters in any religion would make the entire religion nuts. But there are quite a few vocal nutters that are of atheists. Insisting that everyone succomb to their beliefs that there SHALL not be a mention of God on public property, be it in spoken or written form.

If you truly want absence of "faith" or "religion" then you would need to be agnostic. Essentially saying that you neither believe nor disbelieve in God/the afterlife etc....

Back