OFFICIAL POLL FOR BEST FOOD TO EAT DRUNK

Which foods are best to eat while drunk (choose up to 3)

• Total voters
I had it in Minnesotta and it's is unguestionably the most appaling and repulsive thing I have ever ate. I couldn't even swallow it. I took one bite, chewed it twice, spit it out and drank about a gallong of beer trying to get that taste out of my mouth. It taste like ammonia.

They use caustic soda to make that shit, that's why.

It is a fertilised duck's embryo, I've never had one and it's not on my bucket list. I have tried a lot of things usually when drunk including fried locusts, snake and sea cucumber but drawn the line at that.
You can eat lutefisk but not balut? Balut isn't not even in the same universe of gross and nasty as lutefisk. Balut just looks gross, it actually taste pretty good where as lutefisk looks like white fish and taste snot soaked in ammonia. I've ate some fucked up things in life, like Grind's Mom, but nothing comes close to lutefisk!

brosis, it's so bad that it's always on the "eat the gross food challenge" on survivor.
I'd eat balut any day over liver and onions, steak and kidney pie or hagus, Vienna suasages, head cheese or blood sausage. I'd put balut in the same category as fried mountain oysters. Surprisingly good.

You can eat lutefisk but not balut? Balut isn't not even in the same universe of gross and nasty as lutefisk. Balut just looks gross, it actually taste pretty good where as lutefisk looks like white fish and taste snot soaked in ammonia. I've ate some fucked up things in life, like Grind's Mom, but nothing comes close to lutefisk!

I eat it once in Norway many years ago, I assumed that because it was fish it would be ok. I now know why Norwegians always look so bloody miserable.

I'd eat balut any day over liver and onions, steak and kidney pie or hagus, Vienna suasages, head cheese or blood sausage. I'd put balut in the same category as fried mountain oysters. Surprisingly good.

There is nothing wrong with steak and kidney pie, liver and onions, haggis or black pudding (blood sausage). I remember being in the bar of the Europa hotel in Belfast once and there was an American there going on about black pudding. They actually rustled up some for him to taste and his reaction was magic. He didn't want to admit that he liked it.

There is nothing wrong with steak and kidney pie, liver and onions, haggis or black pudding (blood sausage). I remember being in the bar of the Europa hotel in Belfast once and there was an American there going on about black pudding. They actually rustled up some for him to taste and his reaction was magic. He didn't want to admit that he liked it.
Meh...I've ate them all...none are all that bad except liver and onions...I can't choke that shit down. None of them are all that great either. In a way it's all cultural bias or kinda like what Samuel Jackson said in Pulp Fiction..."A sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know cause wouldn't eat the filthy mother fucker."

Meh...I've ate them all...none are all that bad except liver and onions...I can't choke that $&@% down. None of them are all that great either. In a way it's all cultural bias or kinda like what Samuel Jackson said in Pulp Fiction..."A sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know cause wouldn't eat the filthy $&@#%€£"

Made liver and onions for a group of friends one time. We had butchered a calf and had a lot of liver. Cooked up a huge amount of it and fried about 10 lbs of onions. Still wasn't enough. They licked the platter clean. But I have to say that liver is something that folks either like a lot or don't like at all. Wild duck falls into the same category, IMO. I like them both.

Made liver and onions for a group of friends one time. We had butchered a calf and had a lot of liver. Cooked up a huge amount of it and fried about 10 lbs of onions. Still wasn't enough. They licked the platter clean. But I have to say that liver is something that folks either like a lot or don't like at all. Wild duck falls into the same category, IMO. I like them both.

I love liver and onions.
My wife had a friend that was a sheep herder, this was when they still moved the sheep by herding them instead of putting them in trucks, who was down in the valley for the winter.
Spring came around and he was getting ready to take the herd back north, to higher ground.
Before he left, he came by the house with a huge pan full of fresh lambs liver.
My wife had mentioned to him about how much I love liver.
I must have snacked on that, for two weeks.

I see you guys talking about liver and onions. My mother used to make it when I was a kid and it smells so good when its being cooked but for some reason I never liked the texture or the taste.

I see you guys talking about liver and onions. My mother used to make it when I was a kid and it smells so good when its being cooked but for some reason I never liked the texture or the taste.

If it's cooked slowly, it stays tender and absorbs the flavor of the onions.

I don't know which comment had me laughing harder...

The "white fish and snot soaked in ammonia" comment.

Or the "I've ate some fucked up things...like Grind's mom" comment.

Nominate for post of the Month!

That's because beef liver has a lot of phenylalanine in it and those who have the genetic predispostion to taste phenylalanine it is very, very bitter. I have that genetic trait. I would assume you probably do too.

I am like you, love the way it smells, but the texture and taste are just awful.

The first episode I ever saw of Doug was when he tries to learn to eat liver and onions so he won't look stupid in front of Patti at her birthday party.

Back