One Simple Reason why I am a Gap Theorist

Brent, read the verse, he was speaking of heaven. He was going to raise his throne above that of God's. Before he got there he was cast down.

Are you telling me that it is absolutely impossible that Lucifer will be forgiven, Brent?

Only according to the grace of God is anyone forgiven; and the Bible clearly shows that Lucifer will never repent, nor will mercy be shown to him. He will be cast into the lake of fire, where he will suffer for eternity.

Why beat around the bush? If you are trying to get something else out of me, ask it already. I have answered your question three times now.

Then your infallibility theory is simply disingenuous. I wasn't speaking of Armageddon I said before the end times, or do you not read?

Read Revelations 12:9 and tell me that it doesn't say that Lucifer and his group will battle in heaven and be cast down once more...

Since you didn't read the verse in Isaiah and came out with the "it depends on which heaven" I will quote it here for you.

"For thou (he is speaking of Lucifer here) hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: . . . "

Can you see what I am talking of here? He planned to take over, that is what a rebellion is. He and 1/3 of heaven did it together. That 1/3 was comprised of you "watchers".

Where did I disagree?
When you started in on "it depends on which heaven". At that point you made it clear you had no knowledge of the verses I had given you, and didn't bother going to bible gateway to look them up or even to pick up the book you must have near at hand. Believe me, were we speaking on Buddhism and you brought up the Dhammapada I would simply pick up my copy that is right here on the table.

"
Strange that in a place as perfect as heaven 30% of the angels revolt..."

Lucifer was created to be "perfect and blameless"

How can a perfect being create another being that is supposed to be perfect, and fail?

Then too why did god need his angels to fight those of Satan ? Why not just snap his fingers and banish them ?

if you sought to replicate yourself, and were successful, you'd be in competition with yourself. if you sought to eliminate yourself, and succeeded, your self would cease to be.

Then your infallibility theory is simply disingenuous.

Wrong. I simply disagree with your interpretation, which is flawed, as I will demonstrate.

Can you see what I am talking of here? He planned to take over, that is what a rebellion is. He and 1/3 of heaven did it together. That 1/3 was comprised of you "watchers".

According to Revelation 12:9, Satan his Angels were cast out at the same point in time. When did the Watchers lay with mortal women? In the days of Enoch, Lamech, etc. But Satan tempted Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. As you can clearly see (but will likely not admit), the timeline doesn't work. How could Satan have tempted Adam and Eve, be cursed, and yet remain in the mountain of God until the rebellion of the Watchers? Interesting thought, but not consistent with scripture.

Back