One Simple Reason why I am a Gap Theorist

AC is doing a great job showing he knows absolutely NOTHING of Orthodox Christian doctrine.

Lucifer, created to be another God? LOL...

Can he? Yes. Will he? NO. The Bible says he will be cast into the lake of fire, which burns with fire and brimstone for ever and ever.

If the bible states that he WILL be cast into the lake of fire, then destiny is set and thus then notion of 'free will', or choosing 'god' is impossible.

Another of the many contradictions thrown up by taking old stories and treating them as if they were real. If someone were to do it with similar books, they'd be considered a possible mental health case....

It also depends on which side you are viewing it from. The Koresh idiots surely thought it was a religion.

So did the Jim Jones idiots, the ones that killed/castrated themselves to catch the comet, etc...
All just a matter of the numbers of followers.
And of course how much political pull is involved as in the Scientologist nuts.

A Gap theorist believes that the first verse where god created the heavens and the earth had a long period following after before he said "Let there be life!"

This is the simplest way to explain it.

If the bible states that he WILL be cast into the lake of fire, then destiny is set and thus then notion of 'free will', or choosing 'god' is impossible.

Another of the many contradictions thrown up by taking old stories and treating them as if they were real. If someone were to do it with similar books, they'd be considered a possible mental health case....

There is no contradiction. God saves whom He desires to save, while leaving the remainder of people in their sins. As Romans 9:18 says, "hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth." Lucifer will be shown no forgiveness. That is for the simple reason that he doesn't want forgiveness. NOBODY wants to repent, unless the Spirit LEADS them to repentance! This is why you are groveling in darkness.

Unless the Spirit opens your eyes, you have a reservation in Hell which cannot be canceled.

Ultimately, EVERYONE deserves Hell. NOBODY has an excuse, for ALL have chosen to defy their Creator. Let me make it clear: I am as deserving of the torments of Hell as Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Ted Bundy. It is according to the Grace of God ALONE that a man is saved.

Last edited:
But many do not want forgiveness until they do......

'Repentance' on our time is not genuine repentance. Repentance is the result of a conviction in the heart, initiated by the Holy Spirit. Therefore, no one decides when to turn to the Lord. The Lord knocks at the door, so that we may answer. What of those who hold off repentance for later on in life? They will call upon the Lord in fear, but the Lord will not hearken.

Proverbs 1:24-30 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; 25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: 26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; 27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. 28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: 29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: 30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

Are you saying I can't get religion and be saved ?

Religion does not save anyone. Salvation is found in the Blood of Christ alone, by which we are cleansed of our sins and made as righteous in the sight of God. We are justified according to faith (which is a gift of God) and saved according to God's abundant Grace.

Romans 3:24-26 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

If you humble yourself before God, and accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, and acknowledge Him as the Lord of your life, you will be saved. He will cleanse you of your sins so that when you stand before the judgment throne of God, you will be counted as righteous. :)

so if I turn down god once I am lost forever ?
wow that goes against 90% of pentecostal preaching and would surely cut down on their revenue if word gets out....

"If you humble yourself before God, and accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, and acknowledge Him as the Lord of your life, you will be saved. He will cleanse you of your sins so that when you stand before the judgment throne of God, you will be counted as righteous. "

But only if you do it the first time he calls ?

Last edited:
There is no contradiction. God saves whom He desires to save, while leaving the remainder of people in their sins. As Romans 9:18 says, "hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth." Lucifer will be shown no forgiveness. That is for the simple reason that he doesn't want forgiveness. NOBODY wants to repent, unless the Spirit LEADS them to repentance! This is why you are groveling in darkness.

Unless the Spirit opens your eyes, you have a reservation in Hell which cannot be canceled.

Ultimately, EVERYONE deserves Hell. NOBODY has an excuse, for ALL have chosen to defy their Creator. Let me make it clear: I am as deserving of the torments of Hell as Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Ted Bundy. It is according to the Grace of God ALONE that a man is saved.

Such low self esteem...

It is amazing how close your idea of 'god' resembles some petty dictator like Saddam Hussein.

If you 'accept' him, worship him and are generally on his side, he will reward you with great riches. If you cross him, however, you will be tortured with the 'torments of Hell'.

Why would anyone worship such a vain, petty little tyrant?

Again, you have brought up a contradiction. You state that people need to choose forgiveness, and then state that people have no capacity to choose because it requires 'the spirit'...

Want to take a few minutes and see if you can make something up that resolves this?

If you humble yourself before God, and accept Jesus Christ as your Savior, and acknowledge Him as the Lord of your life, you will be saved. He will cleanse you of your sins so that when you stand before the judgment throne of God, you will be counted as righteous.

Wow, he really does sound like a petty tyrant. Are you sure you don't worship Saddam?

Yeah Anyold, this was always a problem with me and religion even when a child. God seems to be pretty much an ass, why would I want to worship him ?
and why would an ALL POWERFUL being NEED us to worship him ?

Back