Oprah for Prez?

Maybe old white men will continue on into cemeteries

Bingo. She puts "thanks" on the nastiest posts by the likes of Angry Bird, CFM, GBA, Pimp, Buttyurt, etc.... as long as they're directed at ppl she doesn't like (because we all got her #).

BTW, this morning she called Evince an "Assmunch" so that halo she twirls around really is a toilet seat.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You do the exact same thing Rotten Crotch.

Sure it is. If you have a family and want to provide for that family and future generations, you invest. You do not spend it all right? If one is considering that future generations will probably be better off than one is now due to investing for those future generations it makes perfect sense. It all has to start somewhere if that is ones intention.

My family's (and my own) take on that has been to invest in education for the kids. The personal financial investing is just that -- it's for the parents' retirement. My own parents abhorred the idea of being dependent upon their kids in their old age, for example.

If there is some left, that's great. If not, you've given your children the tools they need to make a great future for their own -- education, the example of hard work, thrift as opposed to spending every dime on non-necessities. I was extremely fortunate that when my father passed at age 85, he had both enjoyed his 25 years of retirement and managed to save a nice nest egg which he left to his three remaining children. I used mine to go back to college and get a nursing degree; the rest put my two youngest daughters (who were teens at the time of his death) through receiving their associates' degrees with no debt. The youngest went on to earn her masters in special ed; the other got a second associates in veterinary tech. They both have some student loan debt now, but it is minor compared to most young people their ages. I'm especially proud of my vet tech daughter, who has inspired her husband to continue his education as well. He is currently working FT and attending the University of Vermont for a BS in mathematics, while simultaneously taking masters level courses. His family were/are blue collar workers who are content in their lives but don't appear to have much aspiration for higher education.

If ppl want to leave their kids all their money when they pass that's fine by me; just saying what our family tradition has been. Personally I admire ppl like Winfrey and Obama and Gates and so on much more than I do ppl born into wealth.

My family's (and my own) take on that has been to invest in education for the kids. The personal financial investing is just that -- it's for the parents' retirement. My own parents abhorred the idea of being dependent upon their kids in their old age, for example.

If there is some left, that's great. If not, you've given your children the tools they need to make a great future for their own -- education, the example of hard work, thrift as opposed to spending every dime on non-necessities. I was extremely fortunate that when my father passed at age 85, he had both enjoyed his 25 years of retirement and managed to save a nice nest egg which he left to his three remaining children. I used mine to go back to college and get a nursing degree; the rest put my two youngest daughters (who were teens at the time of his death) through receiving their associates' degrees with no debt. The youngest went on to earn her masters in special ed; the other got a second associates in veterinary tech. They both have some student loan debt now, but it is minor compared to most young people their ages. I'm especially proud of my vet tech daughter, who has inspired her husband to continue his education as well. He is currently working FT and attending the University of Vermont for a BS in mathematics, while simultaneously taking masters level courses. His family were/are blue collar workers who are content in their lives but don't appear to have much aspiration for higher education.

If ppl want to leave their kids all their money when they pass that's fine by me; just saying what our family tradition has been. Personally I admire ppl like Winfrey and Obama and Gates and so on much more than I do ppl born into wealth.

Not that anyone can control where they are born but Gates wasn't exactly born in the projects. His parents were both prominent business people in Seattle.

BS ten feet deep

Hahahaha.

Toxic burbles: "What special plans does everyone have for Martin Luther King Jr. Day? I bet my "friends" can tell you what I'll be doing this year..."

Yes, we can. Same thing you do every year, Grand Imperial Witchlet.... pretend to be serving the black community while simultaneously staying home spiting at actual black ppl on the Internet.

Income inequality has been in the making well over the past 7-8 years.

clueless

Longer than that, even. It began when (R)s started changing the tax code to favor the wealthy with lower taxes, bigger and better loopholes, etc. Here is just one (made-up-by-me) example of how this works: Richie Rich III went to Harvard on his dad's dime. RR III inherits RR II's wealth, and to escape some taxation donates several million to the law school at Harvard, which he can then write off on his taxes. Harvard is grateful and accepts Richie Rich IV as a law student even though RR IV is just a marginal student at his private school. Unfortunately because Harvard Law only has so many slots for new students, RR IV bumps out the brilliant but-not-from-a-wealthy-family minority student Melanie Mittleklass. MM finds another law school eager to accept her, but because she didn't go to Harvard her prospects in the world of law are not as bright as RR IV's.

Guess in the end who prospers the most?

Longer than that, even. It began when (R)s started changing the tax code to favor the wealthy with lower taxes, bigger and better loopholes, etc. Here is just one (made-up-by-me) example of how this works: Richie Rich III went to Harvard on his dad's dime. RR III inherits RR II's wealth, and to escape some taxation donates several million to the law school at Harvard, which he can then write off on his taxes. Harvard is grateful and accepts Richie Rich IV as a law student even though RR IV is just a marginal student at his private school. Unfortunately because Harvard Law only has so many slots for new students, RR IV bumps out the brilliant but-not-from-a-wealthy-family minority student Melanie Mittleklass. MM finds another law school eager to accept her, but because she didn't go to Harvard her prospects in the world of law are not as bright as RR IV's.

EXACTLY!

Tell that to cawacko who thinks income inequality just started in 2009 when the Black man took office.

You're also assuming this marginal student will be able to stay in school. And the minority you're talking about is most likely Asian which is why they are suing Harvard.

Not that anyone can control where they are born but Gates wasn't exactly born in the projects. His parents were both prominent business people in Seattle.

Yes. And I was fortunate to be born a white person to a middle class college-educated family and to grow up around ppl with PhDs who obviously valued education. I have no doubt that my personal results would have been far different had I hatched in a home in a broken-down crime-infested urban area to a minority single mom who felt hopeless about life and education and the chances of doing any better.

EXACTLY!

Tell that to cawacko who thinks income inequality just started in 2009 when the Black man took office.

Can you be any more of a simpleton? NO ONE said inequality started in 2009. You're either a flat our liar or you are so ignorant you can't understand a basic discussion. Saying QE increased inequality doesn't mean inequality started in 2009. I have no idea how you've gotten through life lacking even a modicum of understand of basic economic principles.

Yes. And I was fortunate to be born a white person to a middle class college-educated family and to grow up around ppl with PhDs who obviously valued education. I have no doubt that my personal results would have been far different had I hatched in a home in a broken-down crime-infested urban area to a minority single mom who felt hopeless about life and education and the chances of doing any better.

You could be white and born in Appalachia and had a low chance as well. All one can do is make the best of what they've been given. There are kids who come from everything and choose to live very middle to lower middle class lives later in life. There are kids who come from nothing who have the most amazing drive and over come crazy adversity.

Ultimately I'd think we'd all like to see kids have the opportunity to reach their potential. Unfortunately for multiple reasons that doesn't happen. The biggest reason for that starts at home.

Back