Oprah for Prez?

You are poor. And dumb. And have no real idea who your father is inbred. You are also the wimpiest ass little faggot I have ever had the displeasure to meet.

I'm not black, therefore, I know who he is. I'm not black, therefore, I'm not poor and dumb by default.

Sad how someone refusing to name a business he claimed to own calls someone else a wimp.

I'm not black, therefore, I know who he is. I'm not black, therefore, I'm not poor and dumb by default.

Sad how someone refusing to name a business he claimed to own calls someone else a wimp.

No shit. Just some dumb fuck white trash KKK wannabe. Behind the safety of keyboard.

:0) This is where the real conversation begins good brother.

Watch this ..

Point being, you'll discover that no matter what is in the book, life is different .. children are different.

I know friends who are professionals, books are to be found almost everywhere in their homes. Yet, they face the same issues and disappointment with their own children as many others .. and the reasons are as complicated as one would expect real life to be.

Personally, I've put far more emphasis on teaching my kids to research, less on the importance of books to expand their minds. That is especially true to children born in the cyber age. Finding what you're looking for in a book may be a waste of time and efficiency. Research expands the mind beyond what an author, or an ideology has to offer. Research and expose your mind to various ideas that an author or an ideology won't tell you.

Additionally, I encourage the kids I mentor to think outside the box .. outside the book. They won't find the truth of black history in the books they read in school.

There is no one size fits all.

You'll unquestionably discover that raising children successfully requires navigating the waters of society and culture more than just about anything else.

I believe you, a pacifist, had a daughter join the military right? Go figure. I believe you said she was strong willed like you and did her own thing. I'm assuming whatever I want my daughter to do she'll do the opposite. Same deal.

I'm a big reader. I love to read. So books are going to be in my house regardless. My wife got her master's in early childhood development and directed a pre-school for over a decade so she's big on reading as well.

I understand every child is different. I come from a father with a PhD in Finance and a mother with a MBA and I have A.D.H.D. I didn't read when I was young and I struggle greatly in school. It wasn't until college when I first took medication that everything changed for me.

My daughter could have my A.D.D. or get the smarts of her four grandparents who all have advanced degrees. But I believe these studies that show the importance of reading and I read to my daughter every night. She's probably going to be my only child and she is going to have my undivided attention in having the best upbringing possible. Living in the Silicon Valley I'm going to expose her to STEM activities at a young age as well as playing sports.

One of the first words I'm trying to teach her is C.E.O. I want her to know from day one she can do whatever she wants. (And yes I have an ulterior motive, I want her to be a young CEO to help fund my retirement.)

So I completely agree with you all kids are different, even siblings. But my wife and I believe the research about books and reading and my daughter is getting exposed to reading at a young age. Whether it's ultimately something she finds passion in will be up to her.

:0) This is where the real conversation begins good brother.

Watch this ..

Point being, you'll discover that no matter what is in the book, life is different .. children are different.

I know friends who are professionals, books are to be found almost everywhere in their homes. Yet, they face the same issues and disappointment with their own children as many others .. and the reasons are as complicated as one would expect real life to be.

Personally, I've put far more emphasis on teaching my kids to research, less on the importance of books to expand their minds. That is especially true to children born in the cyber age. Finding what you're looking for in a book may be a waste of time and efficiency. Research expands the mind beyond what an author, or an ideology has to offer. Research and expose your mind to various ideas that an author or an ideology won't tell you.

Additionally, I encourage the kids I mentor to think outside the box .. outside the book. They won't find the truth of black history in the books they read in school.

There is no one size fits all.

You'll unquestionably discover that raising children successfully requires navigating the waters of society and culture more than just about anything else.

This is pure wisdom here. Everyone should read it again and again.

I believe you, a pacifist, had a daughter join the military right? Go figure. I believe you said she was strong willed like you and did her own thing. I'm assuming whatever I want my daughter to do she'll do the opposite. Same deal.

I'm a big reader. I love to read. So books are going to be in my house regardless. My wife got her master's in early childhood development and directed a pre-school for over a decade so she's big on reading as well.

I understand every child is different. I come from a father with a PhD in Finance and a mother with a MBA and I have A.D.H.D. I didn't read when I was young and I struggle greatly in school. It wasn't until college when I first took medication that everything changed for me.

My daughter could have my A.D.D. or get the smarts of her four grandparents who all have advanced degrees. But I believe these studies that show the importance of reading and I read to my daughter every night. She's probably going to be my only child and she is going to have my undivided attention in having the best upbringing possible. Living in the Silicon Valley I'm going to expose her to STEM activities at a young age as well as playing sports.

One of the first words I'm trying to teach her is C.E.O. I want her to know from day one she can do whatever she wants. (And yes I have an ulterior motive, I want her to be a young CEO to help fund my retirement.)

So I completely agree with you all kids are different, even siblings. But my wife and I believe the research about books and reading and my daughter is getting exposed to reading at a young age. Whether it's ultimately something she finds passion in will be up to her.

I started my youngest son reading at two and half, by three he was reading Wind in the Willows.

I'm antiwar, not a pacifist. I raise my children to be thinkers, not to be me. That my daughter chose to go into the military and take a different route then the one I planned for her was at the time disappointing, but not completely unexpected. I raised her alone, and I had all the fears that single parents go through. But she has taught me that my disappointment was unfounded. I love when she comes to visit so I can show her off like a trophy. The first thing I say to her when she tells me that she's coming is, 'bring your uniform.' Her rank looks real good on a 130 lb African-American woman who looks about 30 years old.

One of my son's is a cop. Go figure that. :0)

The fact that they took different paths then the one I have taken is a testament to how they were raised .. follow your own dreams, not your parents. The commonality between all my kids are a sense of spirituality and a quest for knowledge.

Like you, I'm a big reader. But in today's world, books aren't the only vehicle for informed reading. I have a huge bookcase full of books .. that I hardly ever pull a book out to read from. It looks good though.

I recognize the importance of reading. The most important books I've ever read were 'The Awakening of Intelligence' and 'Think on These Things' both by J. Krishnamurti. I read them in my teens, and their influence on my life remains to this day.

Since we're on the subject, Oprah did not grow up surrounded by books or PhD parents. It was what's inside her that drove her to be the woman she has become. That is a truth shared by most successful people.

I expect that your daughter will do very well in life .. I certainly hope so my friend.

I'm antiwar, not a pacifist. I raise my children to be thinkers, not to be me. That my daughter chose to go into the military and take a different route then the one I planned for her was at the time disappointing, but not completely unexpected. I raised her alone, and I had all the fears that single parents go through. But she has taught me that my disappointment was unfounded. I love when she comes to visit so I can show her off like a trophy. The first thing I say to her when she tells me that she's coming is, 'bring your uniform.' Her rank looks real good on a 130 lb African-American woman who looks about 30 years old.

The fact that they took different paths then the one I have taken is a testament to how they were raised .. follow your own dreams, not your parents. The commonality between all my kids are a sense of spirituality and a quest for knowledge.

Like you, I'm a big reader. But in today's world, books aren't the only vehicle for informed reading. I have a huge bookcase full of books .. that I hardly ever pull a book out to read from. It looks good though.

I recognize the importance of reading. The most important books I've ever read were 'The Awakening of Intelligence' and 'Think on These Things' both by J. Krishnamurti. I read them in my teens, and their influence on my life remains to this day.

Since we're on the subject, Oprah did not grow up surrounded by books or PhD parents. It was what's inside her that drove her to be the woman she has become. That is a truth shared by most successful people.

I expect that your daughter will do very well in life .. I certainly hope so my friend.

The reading to me is important at a young age when much growth occurs. But I'm well aware that alone doesn't determine how well someone will do later in life. There are people who come from nothing that have something in them that drives them to overcome all obstacles and exceed all expectations in their life. People like Oprah.

I envision my daughter growing up watching sports with her old man, especially USC football. My daughter will probably hate sports and go to UCLA just to spite me. :)

wow, you're not a bad dude after all

No shit. Just some dumb fuck white trash KKK wannabe. Behind the safety of keyboard.

You're not black either. You're just another lying nigger claiming something he can't prove and expecting people to believe it because he said it.

I've offered to come wherever your business is and the only thing you can say, while hiding, is to blame me for not having shown to a location that you refuse to name because it doesn't exist.

wow, you're not a bad dude after all

Most people on this board are good people. We're all Americans and are more similar than we are different. Yes people have political differences but instead of it being just that, differences, we look at each other as if we're enemies.

Funny thing is people who we scream and cuss at on here could be the same people we are good friends with in the real world.

Most people on this board are good people. We're all Americans and are more similar than we are different. Yes people have political differences but instead of it being just that, differences, we look at each other as if we're enemies.

Funny thing is people who we scream and cuss at on here could be the same people we are good friends with in the real world.
I'm not American!

Sent from my Lenovo K8 using Tapatalk

That's beautiful. Thank you for sharing. How lucky your children are.

I didn't hear her speech at the All Black Awards tonight but based on responses it seems people want her to run.

Trump vs Oprah. Now that would be something.

Nothing interesting about it. As her speech went, it illustrated the hypocrisy leftist liars wallow in....for years she pranced around with Harvey Weinstien in many photo ops....now they denounce him.

The reading to me is important at a young age when much growth occurs. But I'm well aware that alone doesn't determine how well someone will do later in life. There are people who come from nothing that have something in them that drives them to overcome all obstacles and exceed all expectations in their life. People like Oprah.

I envision my daughter growing up watching sports with her old man, especially USC football. My daughter will probably hate sports and go to UCLA just to spite me. :)

;0) I think you've got it just about right brother.

But if we recognize that there is something inside drives individuals to outperform their circumstances and expectations, shouldn't the search to discover and unlock that drive be the focus of parenting? I have no data to back that up, it's simply what I believe through observation.

More importantly, success should not singularly be judged by money. That defines us as Americans, not as the best parents.

:0) Take you and I for example. Some days we're just two guys drinking a beer while talking politics.

Other days we've drawn swords and doing battle like Spartans.

Next day we're talking parenting and wishing our families well.

Simply passionate about our politics .. which I'd imagine that most people posting here are.

People passionate about politics are the only people I really want to talk politics with.

;0) I think you've got it just about right brother.

But if we recognize that there is something inside drives individuals to outperform their circumstances and expectations, shouldn't the search to discover and unlock that drive be the focus of parenting? I have no data to back that up, it's simply what I believe through observation.

More importantly, success should not singularly be judged by money. That defines us as Americans, not as the best parents.

America is littered with amazing underdog stories of people who have lived the American dream and give hope to us all. That could be the immigrant who arrives in our country with pennies in their pocket and goes on to do something amazing. Or a kid who grows up in a broken home surrounded by poverty yet perseveres to do amazing things.

And you're right, money isn't the final arbiter of if someone is successful or not. We can look at certain teachers who have had amazing affects on generations of students but never got rich off of it just as one example.

For me as a parent I want to provide my daughter with the all the tools possible that will allow her the opportunity to pursue whatever dream or dreams she has for herself.

So her mother and I have started reading to her at a young age. We will emphasize education with her. I will repeatedly tell her she will be a CEO one day. Not in a way that means if she isn't one that she's a failure but in the sense I want her to think she can do whatever she wants to do. I want her to know and believe everything's possible.

I will definitely brainwash her on USC. Like I said I have A.D.D. and struggled in school and barely got over a 3.0. No way you could get into USC with that today. I want her to dream Stanford or Ivy League if that's what she desires.

I am not rich but she won't grow up (baring something unforeseen happening) without food or basic necessities. She will also grow up with a stable family environment around her. So there shouldn't be any reason for not to be able to excel and do what she wants to do.

But at the end of the day I will love her regardless of what she does because she's my daughter.

:0) Take you and I for example. Some days we're just two guys drinking a beer while talking politics.

Simply passionate about our politics .. which I'd imagine that most people posting here are.

People passionate about politics are the only people I really want to talk politics with.

#truth

Pardon my interruption, but would you happen to have any video of that? You know, gladiator movies and stuff......... ;~)

Back