Our Fine-Tuned Universe: Accident or Design?

No, not when you read my insights, demean and disparage them, but then steal them and pass them off as your own insights in other thread strands a couple days later.

You have an active imagination. I have been quite clear on my positions and how they differ from yours. So, again, get over yourself and read the posts more closely.

If you really think I am such a hack, you wouldn't find my insights worth stealing and passing off as your own. Can't a geochem PhD just write his own thoughts and insights?

No one is stealing anything form you, you egotistical prick. Get over yourself. If you can't understand what I'm writing then the problem is YOU, not me.

JPP has always been a lot like eighth grade, where fragile egos and an abiding need to prove one's self better than the percieved rivals rules the roost.

I learned freshman year in college I've got no one to compete against except myself.

Your ego is so fragile it is hilarious. Don't go breaking your arm patting yourself on your back for virtues you clearly don't have.

You have an active imagination. I have been quite clear on my positions and how they differ from yours. So, again, get over yourself and read the posts more closely.

No one is stealing anything form you, you egotistical prick. Get over yourself. If you can't understand what I'm writing then the problem is YOU, not me.
Your ego is so fragile it is hilarious. Don't go breaking your arm patting yourself on your back for virtues you clearly don't have.
^^^
Perry PhD having a bad day.

It must be weird to supposedly have a glorious geochem PhD, but have to copy ideas and insights from posters who only have masters and bachelors degree

When I write that the concept of matter is ambiguous in the face of quantum field theory -- a post you derided and mocked -- but then like a week later you're writing the same insight to different poster, that's not sheer coincidence, no matter how much fancy dancing you do to explain it

It must be weird to supposedly have a glorious geochem PhD, but have to copy ideas and insights from posters who only have masters and bachelors degree

Let it go. I literally mentioned my PhD once and you have blathered on about it far more than even my parents did. Get past this.

When I write that the concept of matter is ambiguous in the face of quantum field theory -- a post you derided and mocked -- but then like a week later you're writing the same insight to different poster, that's not sheer coincidence, no matter how much fancy dancing you do to explain it

I did no such thing. I certainly didn't degrade the idea that matter is strange from a quantum POV...why would I? I've studied quantum for fuck's sake.

Give it a rest, try to engage with the actual points and stop attacking just because someone disagrees with you from time to time.

Gah! You are presumably far too smart for this kind of stupidity. You have a couple screws that might need a bit of tightening.

No, Perry the PhD literally used to have a habit of screaming at me in bolded, ALL CAPS, super size font rants.

You are usually unable to discuss a point and then you start attacking. After a while I got annoyed. Now I just see you for what you are: a fragile ego who NEEDS everyone to think he's the smartest in the room and who can't actually discuss a point critically.

Ultimately when I back you into a corner this is what you do: you start bitching to everyone else about me and attacking me and making fun of something I mentioned in passing once.

You really need to get a grip on your emotions. Try dialing it back a bit and we can have nice discussions. I will disagree with you from time to time but just remember: that is called a DISCUSSION.

Uh-oh, are you going to start screaming at me again in red, bold, all caps, oversized font?

You don't get it yet, do you? I've gone beyond your usual baiting and attacks. I see you for what you are. An ego so fragile it can brook no real challenges. You need to control your emotions, especially your hatred...when you get pissed off you lose your ability to discuss a point.

Then you have to start making accusations, screaming and bitching to everyone who will listen about how horrible I am.

Meanwhile I'm one of the few who can actually keep up with you and might know a bit more in a few topics. That's when your ego gets bruised and you go off the deep end.

If Cypress weren't to do this, he would never be patted on the back.

Cypress doesn't read anything. He reads into everything (i.e. he makes shit up) and then declares it to be an absolute truth. He likes to do this with math and science, whereby he declares his own invented bogus crap to be thettled thienth, and any science you might be sharing to be bogus crap. Additionally, he will declare anything you share to either have been learned from him or from frantic Googling, of the type he does for everything he posts.

No one is stealing anything form you,
Of course not. Cypress is preemptively projecting his own stealing of your ideas. Just wait until he declares that you didn't know something that you posted until you learned it from one of his posts.

you egotistical prick. Get over yourself. If you can't understand what I'm writing then the problem is YOU, not me.
Cypress doesn't understand anything. If you haven't tried reasoning with him using straightforward logic, you should give it a try and see where it gets you. He doesn't know any subject matter. In order to simply disagree with you on everything, Cypress will explain that dead people held positions that differ from your position, therefore you are simply wrong. After all, who are we to trust, you and your logic ... or someone who is not present to be cross examined and whose position cannot even be verified in the first place?

...when you get pissed off you lose your ability to discuss a point.
FALSE! Cypress doesn't have any such ability to lose in the first place. Who are you trying to fool?

Then you have to start making accusations, screaming and bitching to everyone who will listen about how horrible I am.
... which he does in lieu of discussing any points.

Meanwhile I'm one of the few who can actually keep up with you and might know a bit more in a few topics.
FALSE! You are one of the many everybody who can keep up and who knows more.

That's when your ego gets bruised and you go off the deep end.
I guess you haven't noticed that Cypress goes off the deep end right away. Nobody is supposed to be questioning what he writes. Cypress loves Doc Dutch because Doc Dutch always responds to Cypress with "Agreed."

7d44c07534b3f8e773f0d429dac14961.jpg

ba7704b18a87e54b8f4577b682bfb589.png
061c882dacb8a9570883302f6b0eed79.png

Other than hydrogen, helium, and trace amounts of lithium, all the other chemical elements were produced in the cores of stars by well known physical processes of nucleosynthesis. You don't need to invoke the magical hand of a diety to explain carbon, silicon, iron, nitrogen, oxygen, et al.

The physics of how hydrogen and helium were created from the primordial plasma are well understood.

The origin and causes of cosmic inflation and the hot big bang are totally unknown, because conventional physics don't work at the first fraction of a second of the universe's origin

The origin and cause of the universal physical laws which lead to the organization of matter and energy is a metaphysical question.
Cypress:

Nothing that you stated above has in any way answered the questions asked in my OP.

Nuff said.

What the non believers what us to believe is that we stumble upon a car think, wow look what "nature" did.
Yakuda:

They have no problem admitting that the car required intelligent designers (humans), while they get on the religion forum and insist that our universe (against which the car pales by comparison) created itself.

You want your designer? Great. He’s yours.

Now, do you wish to discuss the omni-everything CHRISTIAN god who allows needless suffering among his creations?
domer76:

There is no such thing as an "omni-everything CHRISTIAN god," for starters. And most of the "needless suffering" is caused by man's inhumanity to man. Compound that with Adamic sin that resulted when our first parents, Adam and Eve, rebelled against the Almighty because they thought they knew best.

domer76:

There is no such thing as an "omni-everything CHRISTIAN god," for starters. And most of the "needless suffering" is caused by man's inhumanity to man. Compound that with Adamic sin that resulted when our first parents, Adam and Eve, rebelled against the Almighty because they thought they knew best.
So, god had no idea how his own creation would act?

Scientific evidence shows there is extreme precision in everything around us in the natural world. Precision leaves no room for error or for surprise results. Rather, precision requires deliberation.

Take, for example, the first 60 elements that were discovered on the Periodic Table of the Elements of planet earth. Some of those 60 elements are gases and are therefore invisible to the human eye. The atoms—from which the Earth's elements are made—are specifically related to one another. In turn, the elements--e.g. arsenic, bismuth, chromium, gold, krypton--reflect a distinct, natural numeral order based upon the structure of their atoms. This is a proven LAW.

The precision in the order of the elements made it possible for scientists such as Mendeleyev, Ramsey, Moseley, and Bohr to theorize the existence of unknown elements and their characteristics. These elements were later discovered, just as predicted. Because of the distinct numerical order of the elements, the word LAW is applied to the Periodic Table of the Elements. (Sources: (1) The McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, (2) "Periodic Law," from Encyclopdia Britannica, Vol. VII, p. 878, copyright 1978, (3) The Hutchinson Dictionary of Scientific Biography)

DEFINITIONS TO KEEP IN MIND:

Laws (found in nature):
"a sequence of events that have been observed to occur with UNVARYING UNIFORMITY under the same conditions." (Source: Webster's New World Dictionary)

Accident:
"a nonessential event that HAPPENS BY CHANCE and has undesirable or unfortunate results." (Source: Websters New Collegiate Dictionary)

QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION:
1. Were it not for the precise relationship among the first 60 discovered elements on the Periodic Table, would scientists have been able to accurately predict the existence of forms of matter that, at the time, were unknown?

2. Could the precise law within the first 60 discovered elements (on the Periodic Table) have resulted by chance aka spontaneously aka by accident, considering that, by definition, an accident causes "unfortunate" results and a spontaneous event shows lack of planning?

3. As concerns the elements on the Periodic Table, provide a credible explanation for why there was no need for an Intelligent Designer/God who caused them to come into existence, considering that all of the elements are so precise, and so interrelated with one another, that the Periodic Table has been assigned the word "LAW" aka Periodic Law.

Back