Our Infamous Site

Did JPP not pay the light bill, and got their electricity cut off for the weekend?

Because, I worked in INFORMATION SERVICES for most of my adult life, and in the INFORMATION SERVICES world, maintenance is only done when there is always a system backup is in place. Maintenance is transparent to the customer. When a Server or Network goes down or is taken down- a duplicate one automatically kicks in

It's called System Redundancy!

Most systems in the Information World also have power redundancy built right in as well just to cover all the bases!

It couldn't resolve the IP.

Did JPP not pay the light bill, and got their electricity cut off for the weekend?

Because, I worked in INFORMATION SERVICES for most of my adult life, and in the INFORMATION SERVICES world, maintenance is only done when there is always a system backup is in place. Maintenance is transparent to the customer. When a Server or Network goes down or is taken down- a duplicate one automatically kicks in

It's called System Redundancy!

Most systems in the Information World also have power redundancy built right in as well just to cover all the bases!

Answers have been thin to non existent.

Maybe the truth is embarrassing?

Who's sock is she assuming?

Gee, guess? She already thinks half of them are you. Guess whooo she thinks wrote the review in the OP? :laugh:

Most of them look like her handiwork, don't you think? The misspellings, the grammar mistakes, the grudges against Phantasmal. Clearly the work of "True Companion."

You can always ask Damo. This is his site. Unlike some of us, he doesn't check in here every day. So he probably didn't know it was down for a while.

I got told that D owns the server(s), which makes your idea very strange....not unlike a lot of other stuff you say.

It couldn't resolve the IP.

Domain names or IP addresses on a local computer can be resolved by adding entries in the local hosts file on a computer. Entries in the local hosts file have the added advantage that the system can run the application server, even when disconnected from the network.

If you pull the network plug, there ain't no IP gettin' resolved to the public though.

My question, if this were a scheduled maintenance- IS IT TOO DAMN MUCH TO MAKE A PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT before just jerking the system down?

Domain names or IP addresses on a local computer can be resolved by adding entries in the local hosts file on a computer. Entries in the local hosts file have the added advantage that the system can run the application server, even when disconnected from the network.

If you pull the network plug, there ain't no IP gettin' resolved to the public though.

My question, if this were a scheduled maintenance- IS IT TOO DAMN MUCH TO MAKE A PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT before just jerking the system down?

Yeah that is true. I've worked with Unix systems.

If you pull the plug, there ain't no IP gettin' resolved to the public though.

HEAR! HEAR!

And explanations after if the right thing never happened?

I am really thrilled that this place still exists for free minds, it will not much longer I think...but transparancy and taking content providers well being into account is important.

While this site was down for a couple of days, I went to google this site and found a site with hilarious reviews about this site. Apparently JPP is a infamous shithole. :laugh:

Here's one: Do you love to express your disgust and disdain for inferior non-white "people?" Do you enjoy calling idiots and morons on the other side of the political aisle foul names like c*nt, ni**er, c*cks*cker, and M-fer? Do attacks on our Glorious Leader infuriate you and are you willing to defend him day and night against libtards? Is your level of civil discourse that of an enraged 18-month-old toddler with a diaper full?

Then this place is for you! You will find all your lost family here -- the racists too vile for even the KKK. Nazis who were booted from StormFront for being too mean. 101 Ways to Lick Trump's Ass and more! Hurry, sign up before their advertisers realize what's going on and pull the plug!

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/justplainpolitics.com

1.5 out of 5

:laugh:

Annie Oakly is the funny review. They mostly race baited and was let go after breaking rules. Least of which was using a sock to bypass bans on my discussions. Such a bullshit victim review.

It prob. wasn't a maintenance thing. It was some sort of server crash. It's happened before. This is the longest down time I recall but I haven't been here long either -- just 2.5 years.

HEAR! HEAR!

And explanations after if the right thing never happened?

I am really thrilled that this place still exists for free minds, it will not much longer I think...but transparancy and taking content providers well being into account is important.

The fact is we do not pay for the service they provide as our memberships are free- BUT THEIR ADVERTISERS DO PAY BIG MONEY!

Make sure to look up the address for IP address and save it in case. I doubt it will work but you never know. LOL.

Back