Our Infamous Site

I wonder who stuck around long enough to learn the ropes?

Phantasmal gets a shout out! Def one of our resident racist scum that I have on ignore. I disagree about the site being mostly Right leaning...but then again I have more than a dozen shit heads on ignore.

I guess they don't understand our one and only rule
That’s hilarious considering Phantasmal is Catholic.

Do you honestly think if this site was generating revenue that Damo would hire a psychopath like Grind as a moderator or give customer service responsibilities to a misanthrope like Billy? LOL

You might want to have a personal conversation with Damo. I’ve known him for 15 years now and if Damo is anything he is fair and honest. I think you will find him so too.

Must have some pretty good sized stones to be found running a Free Mind Free Speech site like this this deeply into this next Dark Age.

I did the same thing. I saw a few reviews that really made me think twice about this place - it really does draw the worst of the worst.
Boards tend to have one of two operating procedures. Tight moderation, or light/very little moderation. The former tends to create small echo chambers, while the latter tends to be tricky. You attract the scum, but you also encourage intelligent discussion. The ignore feature gives one the option of creating the experience that you desire.

Once you choose to moderate heavily, it turns into a disaster when trying to decide what is and isn't 'acceptable'.

While this site was down for a couple of days, I went to google this site and found a site with hilarious reviews about this site. Apparently JPP is a infamous shithole. :laugh:

Here's one: Do you love to express your disgust and disdain for inferior non-white "people?" Do you enjoy calling idiots and morons on the other side of the political aisle foul names like c*nt, ni**er, c*cks*cker, and M-fer? Do attacks on our Glorious Leader infuriate you and are you willing to defend him day and night against libtards? Is your level of civil discourse that of an enraged 18-month-old toddler with a diaper full?

Then this place is for you! You will find all your lost family here -- the racists too vile for even the KKK. Nazis who were booted from StormFront for being too mean. 101 Ways to Lick Trump's Ass and more! Hurry, sign up before their advertisers realize what's going on and pull the plug!

https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/justplainpolitics.com

1.5 out of 5

:laugh:

LOL. GMTA. I'd done the same thing and even wrote a positive review to balance out the LWLs who posted reviews. :)

Do you honestly think if this site was generating revenue that Damo would hire a psychopath like Grind as a moderator or give customer service responsibilities to a misanthrope like Billy? LOL

You might want to have a personal conversation with Damo. I’ve known him for 15 years now and if Damo is anything he is fair and honest. I think you will find him so too.
How much money do you think mods make on forums?

I noticed that too...I dont think it will be long before the tech overlords kill this place...enjoy this Free Mind Zone will you can.

Meaning Trump?

3dilgi.jpg

There's so much freedom of speech and limited moderation here that I don't understand why JPP doesn't draw in and keep more posters. While the site was down I went to two other ones I joined in the past, and they have stricter rules but tons of posters.

I can't speak for all of them, of course, but I know that several of the former Amazonians who came here when I did were put off by the "colorful" language and the blatant racism. Looking at the member list, I counted 23 new members this month, but only a few have posted. No doubt some are spammers, others are shy lurkers, and some take a look around and don't come back. It probably doesn't help that when a newbie does post the first time, the Sock Police show up and demand their papers, please. :laugh:

Ask Dutch Uncle, Cinnabar, Walt, et al about that. ;~)

When I read it again, I realized that they were addressing a 12b violation due to the issue of child molesting priests. As if there is only one mod that deals with those violations.

There IS a poster here who has often complained bitterly about Phantasmal and his 12b time-out, and blamed it on her being Catholic. It's probably the same one who wrote the review whining about her.

I can't speak for all of them, of course, but I know that several of the former Amazonians who came here when I did were put off by the "colorful" language and the blatant racism. Looking at the member list, I counted 23 new members this month, but only a few have posted. No doubt some are spammers, others are shy lurkers, and some take a look around and don't come back. It probably doesn't help that when a newbie does post the first time, the Sock Police show up and demand their papers, please. :laugh:

Ask Dutch Uncle, Cinnabar, Walt, et al about that. ;~)

The sock option is unique to JPP since most forums don't allow multiple-accounts. Like Liars who think they are always being lied to and cheaters who think their spouse is cheating, sock puppeteers are the most guilty of screaming "sock!" at others.

There IS a poster here who has often complained bitterly about Phantasmal and his 12b time-out, and blamed it on her being Catholic. It's probably the same one who wrote the review whining about her.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I have no idea of the rules were changed before my arrival, but the line between a 12b violation or not is a member accusing another member, not a member accusing Priests, Presidents or Politicians.

Nobody is asking any of you to stay. Yet here you are

I just shows how novel a concept freedom of speech is to many on the left

The sock option is unique to JPP since most forums don't allow multiple-accounts. Like Liars who think they are always being lied to and cheaters who think their spouse is cheating, sock puppeteers are the most guilty of screaming "sock!" at others.

To paraphrase one of whom you've spoken:*

Facts are facts. :laugh:

* Is that proper grammar?

To paraphrase one of whom you've spoken:*

Facts are facts. :laugh:

* Is that proper grammar?

I think so, but I'm not a teacher or an English major.

If it was me I'd have said "Facts iz facts, Beotch!", but that's just me being colorful. :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I have no idea of the rules were changed before my arrival, but the line between a 12b violation or not is a member accusing another member, not a member accusing Priests, Presidents or Politicians.

That's correct. However, there are occasions when one poster has accused another of having been molested as a child by a pedophile and/or priest. That's when they get tagged.

Now that you know that, may I get your opinion? If the discussion is about abusive priests, and one member says of another: "That's why she's always so distraught. Too much time spent on her knees as a child," would you take that as an insinuation of something other than praying?

Nobody is asking any of you to stay. Yet here you are

I just shows how novel a concept freedom of speech is to many on the left

Correct. Why are you here?

I'm here to ridicule conspiracy theorists, nutjobs and Trump cum garglers. <--I know that's a lot of redundancy, but I wanted others to clearly understand me.

RW authoritarians are just as nasty as the LW ones when it comes to Freedom of Speech.

Back