Paul Mooney : Analyzing White America

TE=Mott the Hoople;872150]When was the last time you invited an African American friend or couple for dinner?

3 weeks ago

When was the last time you went to Church or Synogogue with an African American?

2 weeks ago.

When was the last time you went to the park to play a pick up game with the home boys?

i don't play pick up with any boys, home or not.

When's the last time you made love to a sister?

really stupid fucking question and none of your business.

When's the last time ate some soul food and felt comforted?

another stupid fucking question.

When's the last time you went golfing with a black friend or called one up for some financial advice?

2 months ago. we don't live in the same town or we would get together more.

If you can't answer any of these questions in the affirmative then there is your proof that White America is inside of you. If you haven't honestly reached out to a black friend or aquantance to try and understand, from their point of view, what it means to be black in America......then you are white America.

oh i see. i should have read this bigoted, ignorant statement first and avoided answering your racist questions. you are fucking pathetic and a bigot mott.

This message is hidden because Yurt is on your ignore list.

You don't even get an audience, or a hearing.

I got a chance to watch the begining and I'm missing what liberals will love and conservatives will feel the fire. Did Mooney state somewhere and I missed it or is it implied he is only talking about some white people?

He's speaking in generalities...if the shoe fits, wear that thing. If not, cast it off. And if you only watched the beginning, you missed too much to comment on.

When was the last time you invited an African American friend or couple for dinner? When was the last time you went to Church or Synogogue with an African American? When was the last time you went to the park to play a pick up game with the home boys? When's the last time you made love to a sister? When's the last time ate some soul food and felt comforted? When's the last time you went golfing with a black friend or called one up for some financial advice?

If you can't answer any of these questions in the affirmative then there is your proof that White America is inside of you. If you haven't honestly reached out to a black friend or aquantance to try and understand, from their point of view, what it means to be black in America......then you are white America.
Hey! Look what I found....a video with Yurt in it!

that is what i thought mott.

now all you have is ad hom. you thought you knew me, and you in fact don't. so your bullshit failed.

sad

First of all, if you don't know who Paul Mooney is, he was one of the head writers for Richard Pryor.
He is brilliant, and I love him.

The liberals will love this...the conservatives will feel the fire. I know....the truth "hurts".

I am still baffled as to why he can say nigger if it is apparently so offensive that you have to use a euphemism like the N-word. Yet it is verboten for anybody else to say it, regardless of context?

He's speaking in generalities...if the shoe fits, wear that thing. If not, cast it off. And if you only watched the beginning, you missed too much to comment on.

I got to watch the first 25 minutes. I will watch the remainder later when I get a chance. Based off your comments in the OP I wrote down my thoughts on his comments from a partisan perspective...

He talks about Johnny Taliban who is from my neck of the woods. Mooney said white people are making all kinds of excuses for him becoming Muslim and going to Afghanistan. I don't think too many Republicans were the ones making excuses for him. They wanted to f him up.

White people giving away secrets while black people would only sell them is funny as hell but I don't see a partisan angle there.

Monney said he called Clinton the first nigger President but he says Bush is the first nigga President. A straight-up gang banger. I personally think that is hilarious. 50 Cent called Bush a gangsta as well. Maybe that would offend some partisan I don't know.

As for Starbucks I think drinking coffee crosses partisan lines but I do think hanging out at the coffee shop is more a young progressive thing to do.

I thought his talk on the white lady on CNN was f'ing hilarious and I know CNN doesn't hire any white Republican women because they all work at Fox News. So this probably white liberal woman asking Mooney about the n-word is freaking funny. Loved his response, "I like a little pepper with my cracker.'

The terrorists shouldn't have touched New York but should have blown up Disneyland was funny. Didn't really see a partisan angle there.

He hits on slavery in minutes 21 - 25. No defense of slavery though there were thousands and thousands of white people who lost their lives fighting to end slavery. Of course it's not like they made black people equal the minute slavery ended but nonetheless...

I am still baffled as to why he can say nigger if it is apparently so offensive that you have to use a euphemism like the N-word. Yet it is verboten for anybody else to say it, regardless of context?

This video is before he started a moratorium on the word after Michael Richards' meltdown. He vowed not to use it in his act, henceforth.
Apparently, you don't seem to have a problem writing the word out.....context or not.

I got to watch the first 25 minutes. I will watch the remainder later when I get a chance. Based off your comments in the OP I wrote down my thoughts on his comments from a partisan perspective...

He talks about Johnny Taliban who is from my neck of the woods. Mooney said white people are making all kinds of excuses for him becoming Muslim and going to Afghanistan. I don't think too many Republicans were the ones making excuses for him. They wanted to f him up.

White people giving away secrets while black people would only sell them is funny as hell but I don't see a partisan angle there.

Monney said he called Clinton the first nigger President but he says Bush is the first nigga President. A straight-up gang banger. I personally think that is hilarious. 50 Cent called Bush a gangsta as well. Maybe that would offend some partisan I don't know.

As for Starbucks I think drinking coffee crosses partisan lines but I do think hanging out at the coffee shop is more a young progressive thing to do.

I thought his talk on the white lady on CNN was f'ing hilarious and I know CNN doesn't hire any white Republican women because they all work at Fox News. So this probably white liberal woman asking Mooney about the n-word is freaking funny. Loved his response, "I like a little pepper with my cracker.'

The terrorists shouldn't have touched New York but should have blown up Disneyland was funny. Didn't really see a partisan angle there.

He hits on slavery in minutes 21 - 25. No defense of slavery though there were thousands and thousands of white people who lost their lives fighting to end slavery. Of course it's not like they made black people equal the minute slavery ended but nonetheless...

I appreciate your response. Thank you.

that is what i thought mott.

now all you have is ad hom. you thought you knew me, and you in fact don't. so your bullshit failed.

sad
Just yankin your chain Yurt.....you should know better then to set me up with a straight line. Now go do your white boy stomp! :cool:

It's not rocket science. If you were a brainiac, you wouldn't be a juvenile corrections officer. Plain and simple. No intellect is required for that. That is a job one can get with a high school diploma. Blue collar.

I get that you are resentful and intimidated by a black man, who is obviously smarter than you, more worldly, and can operate in circles you could only dream of.
While you're content, watching a generic football game, throwing back "Bud Ice", I'm usually at a cultural or art event, getting my culture on. Or working on music or writing. Esoteric pursuits.
Apparently, you have difficulty with the quote feature, yourself. LOL.

But it's apparent that between the two of us, I am the one who knows how to use the quote feature; because of the obvious problems you had figuring it out.

The rest of your "rant-du-jour" seems to be you trying to convince yourself, of your imagined greatness. :)

Back