PAY Students To Go To College!

How about a more sane approach and allow students to discharge loans in bankruptcy or allow them to minimize the loan amount to make it affordable to pay off?

Screw bankruptcy. Also, didn't Reagan make it more difficult for the poor to declare bankruptcy? Next, screw the banks and any money they might make off loans. If college was at least free to the students, they wouldn't have any loans to pay off. And as you should know, having a college diploma is no guarantee of finding work. It would be helpful to society if they weren't unemployed with a huge student debt to pay off.

Another thing is that the government pays soldiers to go off and die in pointless wars. If they can do that, they can pay students to go to college. And instead of some of them being corpses, they could be skilled and productive American workers. Also, if I knew that there was a chance in hell of my being able to go to college, I probably wouldn't have dropped out of highschool.

Last edited:
or crazy as it sounds, why not just expect people to pay their bills?.....

You sound like a pre-French Revolution French aristocrat. Why not just expect them to build a rocket ship to fly to the moon. Also, if we can afford to make a highschool education free to students, we could at least make college free to students. But paying them to go would be better.

What a phenomenal idea. So free college. Free room and board. Pay them $15/hour to go to school because that is a "living wage". They need to have a car of course. How can they experience college without their own wheels? A tesla of course to save mother erf. Then regardless of major they can have any job they want with a a guaranteed minimum salary of $250,000/year, eight weeks vacation, full benefits.

They should be paid what somebody at McDonalds gets paid. Though if they can maintain "B" or better grade average, they coule get one and a half times that. If they are straight "A" students, they should get two times the salary of a McDonalds worker. Next, if you live on campus, you shouldn't need a car. Next, they shouldn't be paid to take some bullshit major. And what they get paid in civilian life would be up to the market.

They should be paid what somebody at McDonalds gets paid. Though if they can maintain "B" or better grade average, they coule get one and a half times that. If they are straight "A" students, they should get two times the salary of a McDonalds worker. Next, if you live on campus, you shouldn't need a car. Next, they shouldn't be paid to take some bullshit major. And what they get paid in civilian life would be up to the market.

Capitalist pig. How dare you tell them what major they can take. If they want to major in Lesbian/Tranny Midget Studies who the hell are to tell them otherwise

You sound like a pre-French Revolution French aristocrat. Why not just expect them to build a rocket ship to fly to the moon. Also, if we can afford to make a highschool education free to students, we could at least make college free to students. But paying them to go would be better.

eat my cake!......

Screw bankruptcy. Also, didn't Reagan make it more difficult for the poor to declare bankruptcy? Next, screw the banks and any money they might make off loans. If college was at least free to the students, they wouldn't have any loans to pay off. And as you should know, having a college diploma is no guarantee of finding work. It would be helpful; to society if they weren't unemployed with a huge student debt to pay off.

Another thing is that the government pays soldiers to go off and die in pointless wars. If they can do that, they can pay students to go to college. And instead of some of them being corpses, they could be skilled and productive American workers. Also, if I knew that there was a chance in hell of my being able to go to college, I probably wouldn't have dropped out of highschool.

I have to admit, that is an interesting thought. I will consider it. At first glance, it actually makes sense.

Screw bankruptcy. Also, didn't Reagan make it more difficult for the poor to declare bankruptcy? Next, screw the banks and any money they might make off loans. If college was at least free to the students, they wouldn't have any loans to pay off. And as you should know, having a college diploma is no guarantee of finding work. It would be helpful; to society if they weren't unemployed with a huge student debt to pay off.

Perhaps colleges should quit price-gouging students. That might help toward debt-relief.

35 million unemployed MBAs and no plumbers......that isn't a better society.......

I doubt if ALL highschool graduates would move on to college. But if that was the only kind of decent employment they could find, it wouldn't be any great tragedy if they did. Also, what would make for a better plumber. A dumbass one or one with an MBA. Because if they couldn't find a job in their field and there was an opening as a plumber, no doubt they would become plumbers.

Perhaps colleges should quit price-gouging students. That might help toward debt-relief.

If making student loans too easy to get causes colleges to charge more for enrrollment, that should be no big surprise. Also, back in 2008, making home loans easy to get didn't end well. It's time to stop trimming branches to see if that will help and just cut down the fucking tree. PAY students to go to college.

I doubt if ALL highschool graduates would move on to college.

if it was free?......are you kidding?.....

Also, what would make for a better plumber. A dumbass one or one with an MBA. Because if they couldn't find a job in their field and there was an opening as a plumber, no doubt they would become plumbers.

anybody who spent six years in college and graduate school to be a plumber would clearly be the dumber plumber......the only person I can think of who would be dumber would be the idiot who paid for the six years of education....

Back