Perhaps there is a God....

No. Funny thing, I respect your more clear thinking to interpret this as more than a diversionary strawman. My point, which was clear, was in misplaced tactics.

I didn't think it was clear, I thought it was a pretty strange comparison.

The "tactics" of codepink are that they are not partisan. So they are not trying to do any favors for Democrats or anyone else. They are trying to end a war.

And as to why it would "work better than it does now" to agitate from the grass roots, well, I'm not the base of George bush. he doesn't care what I think, he's not getting my vote. He cares what his base thinks. Therefore, they have power over him.

Just as I, and those like me, will have power over a Democrat. You don't get anywhere without your base. You don't get anywhere with only your base, but you do need your base.

I didn't think it was clear, I thought it was a pretty strange comparison.

The "tactics" of codepink are that they are not partisan. So they are not trying to do any favors for Democrats or anyone else. They are trying to end a war.

And as to why it would "work better than it does now" to agitate from the grass roots, well, I'm not the base of George bush. he doesn't care what I think, he's not getting my vote. He cares what his base thinks. Therefore, they have power over him.

Just as I, and those like me, will have power over a Democrat. You don't get anywhere without your base. You don't get anywhere with only your base, but you do need your base.

As you've indicated, politics has changed in ways I couldn't have imagined 15 years ago. I would suggest you look at how GW has treated his base regarding ports deal, Miers, illegal immigration. Then look at how Democrats have voted on funding troops, Patriot Act provisions, etc. Now tell me what leads you to your conclusions?

As you've indicated, politics has changed in ways I couldn't have imagined 15 years ago. I would suggest you look at how GW has treated his base regarding ports deal, Miers, illegal immigration. Then look at how Democrats have voted on funding troops, Patriot Act provisions, etc. Now tell me what leads you to your conclusions?

Well, the base never gets everything it wants, but they do get some of what they want. And I'm certainly going to get more from a dem than I am from a repub.

All you can do is work as hard as you can.

Well, the base never gets everything it wants, but they do get some of what they want. And I'm certainly going to get more from a dem than I am from a repub.

I wish you well in your work. As I've said, I think it's most likely that a Dem will win the Presidency, my guess is Hillary, but not a done deal. I'm also guessing, with some political knowledge background, that things won't change all that much. Hopefully we'll be here to see what happens, when it happens.

I wish you well in your work. As I've said, I think it's most likely that a Dem will win the Presidency, my guess is Hillary, but not a done deal. I'm also guessing, with some political knowledge background, that things won't change all that much. Hopefully we'll be here to see what happens, when it happens.

Thank you.

True.

That's a fair point. I do feel like repubs are getting everything they want, while we're getting screwed with a hot rod iron in the process.

That's a fair point. I do feel like repubs are getting everything they want, while we're getting screwed with a hot rod iron in the process.

As Darla noted, our 'leaders' were ignoring their base, it did take agitation, but there is no doubt in my mind, the leaders are trying to figure how to get around that. I doubt yours are different.

I think the dems are a bit closer to the americam public than the repubs are. Just a bit, but I will take any bit I can get.

And the fact that the Democrats will likely control at least 2 of the 3 branches of the federal government is punishment as well? LOL! For claiming the right is too 'religious' it seems there are suddenly many on the left finding God.

I'm not really into 'hate.' Never wished harm to Tim Johnson, I'm glad to hear his recovery is going well. On another messageboard I remember some on the right doing what has been with with Cheney, Roberts, etc., with Johnson. I was appalled then, am now. And yes, I said so.

It's like this Ted Stevens thing, so many on the left think that the right is going to be screaming, my only thought, 'couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.'

Well, Runyon, I may not hate Hitler personally, but I do think the world was better off with him dead due to his policies.

As Darla noted, our 'leaders' were ignoring their base, it did take agitation, but there is no doubt in my mind, the leaders are trying to figure how to get around that. I doubt yours are different.

Heard that Obama was at the Woodrow Wilson school saying he'd be 'tougher on terrorism than any other candidate, even than GW has been.' Comforting words.

Back