Posting from My New Phone

Minister of Truth

Practically Perfect
So, I have owned a Razr for four years now, and decided to get a Windows Phone today. So I am posting this from my new HTC Radar. I'm sure you all se the appeal to me. I am technologically inept, but you may now tear into my new device

I would have recommended a Droid phone, mainly because of the bigger, more friendly app market. But as long as its not an iphone you're cool.

I was in the hunt for a Windows Phone, because you can't get much more anti-iPhone than that. When this radar operator happened upon the HTC Radar, it was like candy to a child. I read a review and took in the criticisms, but I'm not savvy enough to care at this moment in time. As a Razr veteran, I was certainly intrigued by the new Droid Razr, but I want to stay with T-Mobile for the time being, and I was also more interested in getting a Windows Phone.

I'm sure that Grind, WM, and Tom will all have their opinions, and I welcome them (otherwise this will be a boring thread).

Eh, I liked the Windows phone, but the price difference didn't justify it over the droid Galaxy S.

But as long as its not an iphone you're cool.

q3OSH.gif

What is wrong with the iphone? I was asking Top about this the other day, but he didn't see it. I've been kind of attached to my blackberry (back in the day, before you guys on this thread were born, we used to call it the crackberry! get it? haha. yeah, we were pretty gay) since I first got one years ago. But I feel that, at this point, there is much better smart phone technology out there, and I'm upgrading it this month. I want to get the best iphone - not that crap one they started giving out for 50 bucks when you sign a new contract. The best one. So if anyone can recommend the model, that'd be great. And also, why are so many here down on the iphone?

The new iPhone is called the iPhone 4S

As for the Crackberry, I've been calling it that since 2008. Are you currently with Sprint?

Oh, no, if you want a new iPhone you'll have to stay with AT&T. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion, although a lot of people do hate it. I just figured that if you're a Crackberry user that you might be with Sprint, and was going to caution you that you'd have to switch companies in order to get a new iPhone. For example, in my case, one of the phones that tempted me was the new Motorola Droid Razr (seeing as how I'd had an antique Razr prior to the posting of this thread), but I didn't really want to have to switch from T-Mobile over to Verizon in order to get it.

What is wrong with the iphone? I was asking Top about this the other day, but he didn't see it. I've been kind of attached to my blackberry (back in the day, before you guys on this thread were born, we used to call it the crackberry! get it? haha. yeah, we were pretty gay) since I first got one years ago. But I feel that, at this point, there is much better smart phone technology out there, and I'm upgrading it this month. I want to get the best iphone - not that crap one they started giving out for 50 bucks when you sign a new contract. The best one. So if anyone can recommend the model, that'd be great. And also, why are so many here down on the iphone?

Because Apple prevents you from downloading third party apps and is incredibly anal about allowing you to unlock the phone even when out of contract. Anyway if you really want an iPhone then here is an accessory to go with it.

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/16/view/17775/iphone-camera-lens-dial-case.html

Last edited:
Also, since my Windows Phone comes with Zune, I am going to be uploading all of my music over to it from Winamp, even though its not Zune. If I had an iPhone with iTunes, I would only be able to import music from iTunes onto it (unless there is some approved app for doing this).

Because Apple prevents you from downloading third party apps and is incredibly anal about allowing you to unlock the phone even when out of contract.

Okay, that's interesting. I guess I will have to do some more research and check out the android too. It's weird, most of the people I know have a blackberry. Maybe I will end up with the new blackberry, that would be funny.

Also, since my Windows Phone comes with Zune, I am going to be uploading all of my music over to it from Winamp, even though its not Zune. If I had an iPhone with iTunes, I would only be able to import music from iTunes onto it (unless there is some approved app for doing this).

All my music is already on itunes. I paid for it all. I know, I know.

Okay, that's interesting. I guess I will have to do some more research and check out the android too. It's weird, most of the people I know have a blackberry. Maybe I will end up with the new blackberry, that would be funny.

Crackberry is a good phone. The only thing to have gone wrong with it recently was that the network went down for a short while, and now the users are being reimbursed with goodies such as free apps.

There are only so many iterations of the iPhone. If you want the newest get the 4S.

I personally prefer droids to iPhones, and if you want the best of those (droids), Tom's got that one.

Back