Posting from My New Phone

I bought an Ipod and downgraded my CP to standard one and eliminated my text and data package. So now I pay only for voice and between the Ipod and the regular cell phone I can do all the same things as a smart phone and I'm paying half of what I'd be paying each month with a smart phone.

I bought an Ipod and downgraded my CP to standard one and eliminated my text and data package. So now I pay only for voice and between the Ipod and the regular cell phone I can do all the same things as a smart phone and I'm paying half of what I'd be paying each month with a smart phone.

you can't put an ipod in your pocket

Oh, no, if you want a new iPhone you'll have to stay with AT&T. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion, although a lot of people do hate it. I just figured that if you're a Crackberry user that you might be with Sprint, and was going to caution you that you'd have to switch companies in order to get a new iPhone. For example, in my case, one of the phones that tempted me was the new Motorola Droid Razr (seeing as how I'd had an antique Razr prior to the posting of this thread), but I didn't really want to have to switch from T-Mobile over to Verizon in order to get it.

nah you don't have to stay with at&t. I think they might be on sprint now too. Also you can get the phone unlocked or jailbreak it.

Because Apple prevents you from downloading third party apps and is incredibly anal about allowing you to unlock the phone even when out of contract. Anyway if you really want an iPhone then here is an accessory to go with it.

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/16/view/17775/iphone-camera-lens-dial-case.html

Yeaaaah but there are still thousands and thousands of apps already on the app store, anyone that is really bothered by not having access to 3rd party apps is the type of person that can easily jailbreak their phone in 5 minutes anyway. There are always down and upsides to having a closed system but really, it's not that big of a deal

Yeaaaah but there are still thousands and thousands of apps already on the app store, anyone that is really bothered by not having access to 3rd party apps is the type of person that can easily jailbreak their phone in 5 minutes anyway. There are always down and upsides to having a closed system but really, it's not that big of a deal

Jailbreaking an iPhone invalidates the warranty, but I'm sure you know that already. You actually surprise me as I would have definitely put you down as an Android fanboy.

Jailbreaking an iPhone invalidates the warranty, but I'm sure you know that already. You actually surprise me as I would have definitely put you down as an Android fanboy.

Grind can't pry himself from Jobs cold, dead, flaccid, stealing cock.

nah you don't have to stay with at&t. I think they might be on sprint now too. Also you can get the phone unlocked or jailbreak it.

Correct, Sprint offers it as well. Why I don't know since Sprint only has 7 towers in the world.

Billy I know you are only trolling (at least.. kinda) but like them or not, Apple currently is driving the market in pretty much every sphere they enter. They are what everyone compares themselves to and what everyone tries to live up to. There is a reason why every phone that started coming out post 2007 was in the fashion of an iphone.

You hate apple? Here is where google was going with android in 2007 before the iphone:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/companies/google/android/android-before-and-after-the-iphone/

It's because of Apple that we now can have phones like the galaxy s2 on the market.

You like the mouse your using? Well, Apple wasn't the first to come up with it, but they were able to improve upon it's design and bring it to market and make it popular. You like your GUI? Same deal, Apple was the first to mass market it successfully and carve out an entire new sphere in computing.

I shouldn't even have to mention the ipod.

Apple is responsible either directly or indirectly for a lot of technology you use everyday. I really can't think of any other company that has improved/driven innovation in more areas of technology than apple has in the last 30 years.

Billy I know you are only trolling (at least.. kinda) but like them or not, Apple currently is driving the market in pretty much every sphere they enter. They are what everyone compares themselves to and what everyone tries to live up to. There is a reason why every phone that started coming out post 2007 was in the fashion of an iphone.

You hate apple? Here is where google was going with android in 2007 before the iphone:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/companies/google/android/android-before-and-after-the-iphone/

It's because of Apple that we now can have phones like the galaxy s2 on the market.

You like the mouse your using? Well, Apple wasn't the first to come up with it, but they were able to improve upon it's design and bring it to market and make it popular. You like your GUI? Same deal, Apple was the first to mass market it successfully and carve out an entire new sphere in computing.

I shouldn't even have to mention the ipod.

Apple is responsible either directly or indirectly for a lot of technology you use everyday. I really can't think of any other company that has improved/driven innovation in more areas of technology than apple has in the last 30 years.

Good lord, you sound like me when I am in Linux fanboy mode!! Apple ripped off many of their ideas from Xerox and Palo Alto, why they weren't successfully sued is beyond me.

Good lord, you sound like me when I am in Linux fanboy mode!! Apple ripped off many of their ideas from Xerox and Palo Alto, why they weren't successfully sued is beyond me.

Apple was allowed to use what they found at xerox in exchange for apple stock. And all they got to do was to look at it, they weren't even given what Xerox made. Xerox was never even planning on doing anything with their GUI and thought it was more or less useless. It was basically just sitting on the shelf. And I said as much in the post you just quoted, they didn't come up with it, but they were the ones that saw the potential for it (in a time where personal computing wasn't mainstream, this is a bigger deal than one may initially realize) and they were the first to bring it to market.

Apple was allowed to use what they found at xerox in exchange for apple stock. And all they got to do was to look at it, they weren't even given what Xerox made. Xerox was never even planning on doing anything with their GUI and thought it was more or less useless. It was basically just sitting on the shelf. And I said as much in the post you just quoted, they didn't come up with it, but they were the ones that saw the potential for it (in a time where personal computing wasn't mainstream, this is a bigger deal than one may initially realize) and they were the first to bring it to market.

I'm sorry but you are just making shit up, granted Xerox were slow to realise what was going on but they did sue Apple. This is one of few advantages to being older, I remember the facts because I was there when it happened.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/12/15/b...-apple-computer-over-macintosh-copyright.html

I'm sorry but you are just making shit up, granted Xerox were slow to realise what was going on but they did sue Apple. This is one of few advantages to being older, I remember the facts because I was there when it happened.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/12/15/b...-apple-computer-over-macintosh-copyright.html

hm maybe they gave them the stock afterwards.

Xerox's own personal computers were not commercially successful, and for many years the company made no attempt to uphold the copyrights on its graphical interface software.

Of course xerox threw a fit once they realized that apple was about to make bank. It doesn't really matter though. My point stands. Apple was the first to A) Improve upon said designs and B) market it successfully, revolutionizing the personal computer market. Which is what I said from the beginning.

[edit: turns out xerox didn't sue apple until apple sued microsoft in 1989. 5 years after the macintosh had been on the market. Why would they let apple have their GUI on the market for 5 years? It's likely because they didn't care/didn't plan on getting in the market/wanted to stake our territory amidst all the back and forth lawsuits]

Last edited:
Some people[SUP][who?][/SUP] feel that Apple, Microsoft, and others plagiarized the GUI and other innovations from the Xerox Star, and believe that Xerox didn't properly protect its intellectual property. The truth is more complicated. Many patent disclosures were in fact submitted for the innovations in the Star; however, at the time the 1975 Xerox Consent Decree, an FTCantitrust action, placed restrictions on what the company was able to patent.[SUP][14][/SUP] In addition, when the Star disclosures were being prepared, the Xerox patent attorneys were busy with several other new technologies such as laser printing. Finally, patents on software, particularly those relating to user interfaces, were an untested legal area at that time.

hm maybe they gave them the stock afterwards.

Of course xerox threw a fit once they realized that apple was about to make bank. It doesn't really matter though. My point stands. Apple was the first to A) Improve upon said designs and B) market it successfully, revolutionizing the personal computer market. Which is what I said from the beginning.

Nobody is denying that Apple successfully took the Xerox designs and look and feel. What I'm saying is that you were wrong in implying that Xerox never sued Apple.

Back