President Rodham-Clinton?

I viewed what you did in that thread as a clueless white male stomping in and telling the bitches to stfu with their whining...except this time it wasn't about the bitches. But I have plenty of experience with that. What you did was wrong, clueless, and had a racist effect. It's really simple. And it was serious.

"Had a racist effect?"

You probably don't want to, but I'd love to discuss this rationally. In your opinion - and this isn't BAC's thread, so I assume you'd be okay rendering an opinion without offending him in any way - is the case of Emmett Till very similar to the case of Trayvon Martin?

easy for us old white guys to do..some of us do try to avoid it....
I won't namedrop BAC , but I respect him immensely

I lost every ounce of respect I ever had for BAC.

He called me a racist for agreeing w/ the jury's decision, and when Carter did the same, made excuses.

There are plenty of places to just write stuff if you want to vent feelings - I keep a journal, I'm sure others have other outlets. If you start a thread on the board, expect some opinions.

"Had a racist effect?"

You probably don't want to, but I'd love to discuss this rationally. In your opinion - and this isn't BAC's thread, so I assume you'd be okay rendering an opinion without offending him in any way - is the case of Emmett Till very similar to the case of Trayvon Martin?

Yes, it is quite similar because in both cases a young black male was murdered solely because they were black, and their killer was set free. It is a more modern lynching. To harp on details and be like, oh it wasn't exactly the same, is to deny the reality that of course it wasn't! You couldn't (probably couldn't) get away with murdering a 14 yo black kid today by torturing him to death, and then claim he whistled at a white woman. ALthough, the myth of the black beast rapist is so ingrained in white America, I am not sure you couldn't get away with some version of that. I think you could shoot a say 15 yo black male, and claim he was trying to rape a white woman, and walk. You just couldn't torture him first. But put that aside (though it's a big aside and worth exploring), and ff to Zimmerman.

An adult male profiles, chases, and murders a young black male and is set free. Your mind is caught up by the differences, BAC's mind only sees the similarities. The similarities being the actual important part of this: His son can be murdered with impunity for being black.

Your coming onto that thread and trying to shut him up, (you claim you did not do that but you clearly did and only a white male could be clueless to this) and minimizing the Zimmerman case, enraged him. And he was right to be enraged IMO.

He called me a racist for agreeing w/ the jury's decision, and when Carter did the same, made excuses.

There are plenty of places to just write stuff if you want to vent feelings - I keep a journal, I'm sure others have other outlets. If you start a thread on the board, expect some opinions.

Please. This board is an outlet.

Yes, it is quite similar because in both cases a young black male was murdered solely because they were black, and their killer was set free. It is a more modern lynching. To harp on details and be like, oh it wasn't exactly the same, is to deny the reality that of course it wasn't! You couldn't (probably couldn't) get away with murdering a 14 yo black kid today by torturing him to death, and then claim he whistled at a white woman. ALthough, the myth of the black beast rapist is so ingrained in white America, I am not sure you couldn't get away with some version of that. I think you could shoot a say 15 yo black male, and claim he was trying to rape a white woman, and walk. You just couldn't torture him first. But put that aside (though it's a big aside and worth exploring), and ff to Zimmerman.

An adult male profiles, chases, and murders a young black male and is set free. Your mind is caught up by the differences, BAC's mind only sees the similarities. The similarities being the actual important part of this: His son can be murdered with impunity for being black.

Your coming onto that thread and trying to shut him up, (you claim you did not do that but you clearly did and only a white male could be clueless to this) and minimizing the Zimmerman case, enraged him. And he was right to be enraged IMO.

When you write it that way, I can respect it as an opinion. I know what you're saying. I just don't agree.

The fact that BAC shares a skin color with Trayvon doesn't make him family. I get the history, and the frustration - but the fact is that, according to the law, this case was very ambiguous. I genuinely thought it was borderline, and wouldn't have been surprised either way. But there was definitely doubt; people can debate all day about whether it was reasonable.

If I "enraged" BAC so much, why didn't Carter? How extreme are the parameters BAC is allowed because of the case? Is he allowed to keep hammering at me with "motherfucking racist" again & again, for merely agreeing with a verdict? How far can he take it?

And I'm sorry, but it was too melodramatic on that thread that he must now "live in terror" because it's some sort of open season on black children. It isn't. I have no idea how many people died from texting or driving drunk since the TM case, but I'm sure it's plenty, and I don't "live in terror" every time my kid goes out on the road.

Last, bullshit on the "whiny, self-pitying" thing. You try on "mother fucking racist" and desh calling you a racist 58 times, and let me hear how quick you are to say, "aw, heck - let 'em vent."

You know that's not your m.o. If you don't, you're lying to yourself.

I don't want to get into this, I already namedropped too much -but since I did, i know him from another board, to clear that up.

I'm familiar with the thread too. I simply refuse to comment on the Zimmerman trial; other then it's a Rorschach for a lot of posters.
(again referencing another board, since i didn't see this thread on this board)
This doesn't mean yourself, unless you think it does...... about as far as I want to take this.

I don't want to get into this, I already namedropped too much -but since I did, i know him from another board, to clear that up.

I'm familiar with the thread too. I simply refuse to comment on the Zimmerman trial; other then it's a Rorschach for a lot of posters.
(again referencing another board, since i didn't see this thread on this board)
This doesn't mean yourself, unless you think it does...... about as far as I want to take this.

Understood, and that's cool. I'm not judging it.

And I get why people don't want to comment on the trial. In retrospect, perhaps I should have shut up about it; racial issues are like reigion & politics among friends. Sometimes best left alone.

That thread turned out to be some killer discussion, but I don't know; it might have been easier to say nothing, for sure.

not so much "easier", but the entire trial is like walking thru landmines, it's too dangerous.
I will say Stand Your Ground (and I'm in Florida) was a bogus law construct....but that's not the ruling in the case, but again it was in the jury instructions...

See?? It's not something to just reference all that quickly, and I'm not in the mood to do so.

When you write it that way, I can respect it as an opinion. I know what you're saying. I just don't agree.

The fact that BAC shares a skin color with Trayvon doesn't make him family. I get the history, and the frustration - but the fact is that, according to the law, this case was very ambiguous. I genuinely thought it was borderline, and wouldn't have been surprised either way. But there was definitely doubt; people can debate all day about whether it was reasonable.

If I "enraged" BAC so much, why didn't Carter? How extreme are the parameters BAC is allowed because of the case? Is he allowed to keep hammering at me with "motherfucking racist" again & again, for merely agreeing with a verdict? How far can he take it?

And I'm sorry, but it was too melodramatic on that thread that he must now "live in terror" because it's some sort of open season on black children. It isn't. I have no idea how many people died from texting or driving drunk since the TM case, but I'm sure it's plenty, and I don't "live in terror" every time my kid goes out on the road.

Last, bullshit on the "whiny, self-pitying" thing. You try on "mother fucking racist" and desh calling you a racist 58 times, and let me hear how quick you are to say, "aw, heck - let 'em vent."

You know that's not your m.o. If you don't, you're lying to yourself.

You don't have to agree, there is just a right time and place and context in which to express that. For instance, the right time, place, and context to discuss false rape accusations is not on a thread about the young girl in India who was raped to death. You know? I just think this stuff is so easy.

I apologize for calling you whiny and self-pitying.

hilary is a unfeeling robotic automaton of doom. She is an unstoppable force of nature who will maim kill and slaughter her way to the top. She would throw chelsea off a cliff if it got her closer to the whitehouse. hilary will do anything.

hilary is a unfeeling robotic automaton of doom. She is an unstoppable force of nature who will maim kill and slaughter her way to the top. She would throw chelsea off a cliff if it got her closer to the whitehouse. hilary will do anything.

That's pretty funny. Are you writing a screenplay? Instead of "Jaws" it will be "Hillary".

Don't know why people have such a nasty impression of Hillary Clinton. I think she's cool

In fact, none of the people you mentioned. Those people all posted their opinions.

I sought others out and asked their opinion. But they did not call you a hack or any names.

I guess I went to more thoughtful posters.

damnit I need to find this secret darla insight club. I am not pleased that I am out of the loop.

You don't have to agree, there is just a right time and place and context in which to express that. For instance, the right time, place, and context to discuss false rape accusations is not on a thread about the young girl in India who was raped to death. You know? I just think this stuff is so easy.

I apologize for calling you whiny and self-pitying.

remember everyone, if someone says something you feel is wrong on a debate board meant for debating, only people that already agree should post in those threads so they can circlejerk each other. if you disagree, you should wait until the appropriate time when the issue is no longer relevant and has faded from the public conversation. it's so easy. duh.

That's pretty funny. Are you writing a screenplay? Instead of "Jaws" it will be "Hillary".

Don't know why people have such a nasty impression of Hillary Clinton. I think she's cool

I don't think she is genuine. I just think hilary is running for all the wrong reasons, I don't think she cares about anyone but herself and is in it for powers own sake. eg. running for senate in new york. it's just such an obvious political stepping stone move. Then you add that together with all the bullshit tv series about her in the year she is running, just irks me the wrong way. She will have been running for president for 16 years by the time of her next campaign.

thing1 you are coming off really insecure. Maybe darla and crew are right and you are actually a racist, I think they really hit a nerve with you.

I don't think she is genuine. I just think hilary is running for all the wrong reasons, I don't think she cares about anyone but herself and is in it for powers own sake. eg. running for senate in new york. it's just such an obvious political stepping stone move. Then you add that together with all the bullshit tv series about her in the year she is running, just irks me the wrong way. She will have been running for president for 16 years by the time of her next campaign.

I see a lot of the same things in her you do but I will state I'm not saying because of gender or partisanship (not to imply Grind is). There are many men of all political stripes who desire raw power.

remember everyone, if someone says something you feel is wrong on a debate board meant for debating, only people that already agree should post in those threads so they can circlejerk each other. if you disagree, you should wait until the appropriate time when the issue is no longer relevant and has faded from the public conversation. it's so easy. duh.

reductio ad absurdum

I see a lot of the same things in her you do but I will state I'm not saying because of gender or partisanship (not to imply Grind is). There are many men of all political stripes who desire raw power.

YOu really don't know it has nothing to do with her gender. It's pretty absurd to pretend that we can grow up in a sexist society, filled with sexist stereotypes, and they don't affect our thinking in any way. Personally I think it's bullshit. But I do like how you attempted to head off this criticism. It was cute.

Back