Privatizing Prison Success: Cheaper and Better Results

I'm just continuing the same argument in a different thread with the same person on a subject with much of the same points.

Well, the point of this thread is not an attempt to change 'sexual desires', the point of this thread is to encourage change in a prisoners greater self-worth. Not sure if you are playing 'gotcha' but it is enough off-subject that they require seperate threads and are on two seperate issues. One is debating whether you can rehabilitate a sexual predator, and one is debating on what to do with the prison-work system.

However, I'll address this by saying, that giving a prisoner who has sexual desires for young children the opportunity to improve on his inner peace may give him more value to humanity, and understand that his flaws, though they may be natural, is not right to force on to another human being.

Well, the point of this thread is not an attempt to change 'sexual desires', the point of this thread is to encourage change in a prisoners greater self-worth. Not sure if you are playing 'gotcha' but it is enough off-subject that they require seperate threads and are on two seperate issues. One is debating whether you can rehabilitate a sexual predator, and one is debating on what to do with the prison-work system.

However, I'll address this by saying, that giving a prisoner who has sexual desires for young children the opportunity to improve on his inner peace may give him more value to humanity, and understand that his flaws, though they may be natural, is not right to force on to another human being.
It has been tried. As part of the rehabilitation programs in many states they had these people work as volunteers in areas with no children. It really doesn't work.

It has been tried. As part of the rehabilitation programs in many states they had these people work as volunteers in areas with no children. It really doesn't work.

Well, this program isn't targeted at just sexual predators, and like I said, it's more about their self-worth. I don't think its going to stop a sexual predator from doing it again, I only think its going to be a single step in a long process if we are to ever find a proper solution to that issue.

Well, this program isn't targeted at just sexual predators, and like I said, it's more about their self-worth. I don't think its going to stop a sexual predator from doing it again, I only think its going to be a single step in a long process if we are to ever find a proper solution to that issue.
Like I said, my goal isn't to "punish" just to ensure that the children are safe. Let him have TV, let him have books, just never give them access to society and more especially more of the same types of offenders.

Not all problems with humans have a soloution.
Many defective humans cannot be "fixed" so that they are not a threat to others.

We can improve a lot, but will never be able to "rehabilitate" all of them.

Yes a step in a process that can never be completed.
Of course that does not mean we should stop trying to complete the process.

Holy crap, I did not know about this.

Aside from the morality of prison labor, I also have to say, I personally would not be too thrilled to know that I just booked a flight with a felon. What if he is in there for rape? Or, credit card fraud?

Darla, I mean, if he's in there for rape, it really wouldn't affect the phone call. Rapists, of course, are one of the types of prisoners that rarely repeat the crime, anyway. Credit card fraud? If he's good at memorization, sure...

I really think most prison labour is employed at picking up trash and making drivers plates and other state things, though. Prisoners actually pick up my trash. They've never been known to get out of the truck and commit crimes while on the duty in the decades they've been doing it. People just worry to much.

The Dalai Lama says :321:

What will make them want to work is the feeling they recieve out of accomplishment. That they will know what they did was a great deed and will feel better about themselves and create greater inner peace. If this idea is the 'dumbest you've heard' then you have only heard this idea.

Wow... and you follow up with more garbage.... the SAME hypothetical sense of satisfaction you are talking about could be felt with the education and real work I mentioned as well. But you are too ignorant to see this, because you seem to believe the group hug approach will work better. Fine that is your opinion. I choose to believe that they will be better served if they come out of prison with a better education and work skills they can use in real life.

Wow... and you follow up with more garbage.... the SAME hypothetical sense of satisfaction you are talking about could be felt with the education and real work I mentioned as well. But you are too ignorant to see this, because you seem to believe the group hug approach will work better. Fine that is your opinion. I choose to believe that they will be better served if they come out of prison with a better education and work skills they can use in real life.

You have officially been put on the Dalai Lama's ignore list. There is no need to attack me in this way. You should be ashamed...

I can only state this to him:

The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater our own sense of well-being becomes.

Back