Question for Liberals

Professors of religious thology at a seminary near here seem to think he was a liberal. I guess that trumps what a Conservative Buddist thinks ?

I want to clear this up right now.

Are you stupid, or are you being deliberately obtuse?

Is it really your assertion that one who was a liberal 2000 years ago, would be a liberal today?

Professors of religious thology at a seminary near here seem to think he was a liberal. I guess that trumps what a Conservative Buddist thinks ?
Right... and Professors of the Bible College think the opposite, both would be wrong. Bottom line, one teaches a radical new religious philosophy, that does not make one liberal. It makes them a radical.

I prefer to think as my political science professor did. Neither side should attempt to own the philosophy of Christ, neither of them exemplifies it in any way. Christ was both conservative and liberal in many different ideas, however he did teach radical change. He doesn't fit in either box, but he definitely sought radical change.

I want to clear this up right now.

Are you stupid, or are you being deliberately obtuse?

Is it really your assertion that one who was a liberal 2000 years ago, would be a liberal today?

do you think Jesus was a humanist ? if he were here today would he tell sick children to tell their parents to get a job with benefits ?
In the humanitarian sense yes jesus would still be a liberal.

He never gave a crap about governments, just people.

You know, Matt, you're not immune to deeply personal attacks yourself.

The difference between you and I is that I'm too nice to resort to such cruel pettiness.

Sure, I'll attack people online based on what they say, but I'd NEVER attack someone based on their appearance. That's just fucked up.

LMAO.

This coming from the fuckhead that calls Darla a cunt every chance he gets?

Well, if you think I'm going to let this slide and not this touch after your disgusting display lately you can kiss my ass.

Beefy is nice. But I've never claimed to be. Its on bitch.

You want some fries with your shake asswipe?

Last edited:
LMAO.

This coming from the fuckhead that calls Darla a cunt every chance he gets?

Well, if you think I'm going to let this slide and not this touch after your disgusting display lately you can kiss my ass.

Beefy is nice. But I've never claimed to be. Its on bitch.

You want some fries with your shake asswipe?

If I'm so nice, why won't you let me see 'em? Even after I agreed to grant you full access to Water's deleted posts. There's some real stinkers in there I may remind you.

do you think Jesus was a humanist ? if he were here today would he tell sick children to tell their parents to get a job with benefits ?
In the humanitarian sense yes jesus would still be a liberal.

He never gave a crap about governments, just people.
Jesus said it was a sin to look at another person with lust in your heart. Liberals worshop lust today, so there is certainly a sharp difference in their mores.

Jesus also believed in the betterment of the individual through faith and the love of God, while liberals believe in the betterment of society via government.

There really is nothing that Jesus and liberals have in common.

Jesus was not tried or crucified by the religious leaders.

He was arrested by Roman soldiers. He was tried by Pontius Pilate. Pilate tried to delay the trial until the religious holiday so that he could allow one prisoner to be released by the jews (a nod to religious groups at the time).

And he was crucified by Roman soldiers.

Also, his idea of charity was personal, not forced by a government entity. But he also disliked the finances of the church enough to throw the tables around and basically attack the "money changers". So he would have taken both liberals and conservatives to task for their failings.

Leave it to the old pagan to have to teach what the bible actually says.

Jesus was not tried or crucified by the religious leaders.

He was arrested by Roman soldiers. He was tried by Pontius Pilate. Pilate tried to delay the trial until the religious holiday so that he could allow one prisoner to be released by the jews (a nod to religious groups at the time).

And he was crucified by Roman soldiers.

Also, his idea of charity was personal, not forced by a government entity. But he also disliked the finances of the church enough to throw the tables around and basically attack the "money changers". So he would have taken both liberals and conservatives to task for their failings.

Leave it to the old pagan to have to teach what the bible actually says.
Basically, he didn't like businesses operating in the temple/church. Makes sense to me. Also, some religious leaders tried to conduct a trial with Herod, who didn't give a damn and found him innocent, and then they held a trial of their own and didn't bother to invite any of the priests who would have voted in his favor.

Anti-Semites often overlook the Herod ruling and stacked court when trying to claim the Jews killed Jesus. Similarly, Pontious Pilate was bullied into sentencing Jesus, having tried to appease the mob with a brutal scourging. Neither the Romans nor the Jews are to blame any more than the rest of humanity, but a vocal group of losers got him crucified nonetheless.

He didn't believe he was the son of your god. Whatever god thinks, he is wrong.
My God is Jewish and has a historical relationship with the Jews since Abraham. I'm pretty certain Jesus and I were talking about the same God. I mean, He is often referred to as the God of Abraham...

Last edited:
Back