Questions for survivalists

Awesome.

Just like the gunlover cult, survivalists are totally possessed by fear.

armchairlogo2.jpg

Only if the survivalist neighbors shoot first. The folks who require help will just be knocking on doors.

What is telling is it appears the survivalists would see children die rather than share if your posts are an accurate representation.

you had your chance at self preservation before the emergency/crisis, yet all you could do was make fun of survivalists. where's your humor now?

The average grocery store has an average of three days worth of food, during emergencies they are usually cleaned out. What happens to you if an emergency lasts a bit longer than those three days? I'll tell you what happens to me... I go to storage and I eat. Preparing for a longer stretch without the luxuries isn't foolish, for some of us that live rurally it can definitely be a necessity.

Ummm no. Your entire argument is flawed in a serious way. Here is how it would likely go down.

Survivalist has house full of supploes, water, guns, other stuff (radio, medicine, etc). Catastrophe strikes. Survivalist calls his/her buddies (some of whom are also equally prepared). Thus a network is formed. Said network bands together. Unprepared and unconnected community is unable to compete. Some will join if they have something to contribute themselves. Those that don't, most likely will die. It is sad, but what good would come from freely giving when the group in need is larger than the available supply? All that would happen is that the whole community would screw themselves and doom everyone, instead of the few who were smart/talented enough to survive doing so.

A network is formed and band together? Do you mean they all move into one house? If the survivalist comes to the aid of another guy 6 blocks away that means his home is undefended.

Just look at the recent mob riots. Even the Police, which greatly out number the few survivalists, have difficulty with crowd control. It's wishful thinking a survivalist would survive unless they have a bunker of some sort. The mob will also have guns and access to things like construction equipment. Raise the blade in the bulldozer and CHARGE! Come out and share or be buried in the rubble that was once your home.

I do agree the entire community would be doomed. That's why it makes it a thing to be avoided at all costs.

Only those who are isolated will have a chance.

A network is formed and band together? Do you mean they all move into one house? If the survivalist comes to the aid of another guy 6 blocks away that means his home is undefended.
proper planning. this means that I either have a before hand agreement with my neighbors or a preplanned rally point with other survivalists. this means that my house may be undefended, but my stores are with me somewhere else.

Just look at the recent mob riots. Even the Police, which greatly out number the few survivalists, have difficulty with crowd control.
you're obviously missing the reason for the beginning of those riots, which was the murder of an unarmed citizen. The police using lethal force now would be like lighting a gas station on fire. It's not even comparable to a private individual/group of individuals defending themselves and their famiies. lethal force is the first and only means of defense.

It's wishful thinking a survivalist would survive unless they have a bunker of some sort. The mob will also have guns and access to things like construction equipment. Raise the blade in the bulldozer and CHARGE! Come out and share or be buried in the rubble that was once your home.
that may be, but it merely enforces the image that the hypocrite liberals/statists actually prefer the slash and burn method when it's done by themselves. the question is, how many of you are willing to risk certain death as compared to possibly dying?

I do agree the entire community would be doomed. That's why it makes it a thing to be avoided at all costs.
then maybe you should consider stockpiling for yourselves as well.

I really don't see the purpose of preparing for an extended period of severe conditions. People will attack their own government. It will bring down the entire country. The support network for the military will collapse as people working for the various suppliers will either be destitute also or they will be pitted against those without food. Basically, a civil war.

Of course, on the upside, it would put an end to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and probably result in bringing home troops from around the world to restore some kind of order here.

no kidding. you've already stated that you'd just kill your neighbors and steal theirs.

Now, now. I never said I'd do that but I bet people with young children who don't have any food will expect their neighbor to share if they have some. In the words of Ms. Palin they'll be like a mama grisly.

Now, now. I never said I'd do that but I bet people with young children who don't have any food will expect their neighbor to share if they have some. In the words of Ms. Palin they'll be like a mama grisly.

Come and get it fool. Your emergency plan is to steal from other people. Mine is to keep looters like you the frick away from my family.

Bears store food for later.

Come and get it fool. Your emergency plan is to steal from other people. Mine is to keep looters like you the frick away from my family.

Survivalists in urban and suburban areas won't have a chance. To paraphrase George-the Wild West cowboy-Bush, "We'll smoke 'em out. Hee. Hee. Hee."

Survivalists in urban and suburban areas won't have a chance. To paraphrase George-the Wild West cowboy-Bush, "We'll smoke 'em out. Hee. Hee. Hee."

I live rurally. However, my bet is survivalists in the urban and suburban areas will be better armed than you. You've already said you have no plan other than to take from those that prepared.

:D

It is most likely I'll never need it other than during the next blizzard. But we have food enough to last quite some time.

How is that? they're hungry, my group is not. They're unarmed. My group is armed. We are in a known defensive position. The un armed hungry people are in an offensive with most likely no intelligence of the area they're trying to take. They'll be slaughtered.

I wrote, "I can see the validity of having a week's supply of food in the case a storm knocks out roads, etc. but things return to normal after a short period of time."

Do you have any documentation of the opposite?

You're the one stating that things always return to normal quickly. I believe they may or may not return to normal quickly. I don't profess to know how things always go. You do, however. Why are you certain things will always return to normal quickly? The past does not predict the future.

I live rurally. However, my bet is survivalists in the urban and suburban areas will be better armed than you. You've already said you have no plan other than to take from those that prepared.

:D

It is most likely I'll never need it other than during the next blizzard. But we have food enough to last quite some time.

Looters may be the least of your worries.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10990 allows the government to take over all modes of transportation and control of highways and seaports.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10995 allows the government to seize and control the communication media.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10997 allows the government to take over all electrical power, gas, petroleum, fuels and minerals.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 10998 allows the government to take over all food resources and farms.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11000 allows the government to mobilize civilians into work brigades under government supervision.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11001 allows the government to take over all health, education and welfare functions.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11002 designates the Postmaster General to operate a national registration of all persons.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11003 allows the government to take over all airports and aircraft, including commercial aircraft.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11004 allows the Housing and Finance Authority to relocate communities, build new housing with public funds, designate areas to be abandoned, and establish new locations for populations.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11005 allows the government to take over railroads, inland waterways and public storage facilities.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11051 specifies the responsibility of the Office of Emergency Planning and gives authorization to put all Executive Orders into effect in times of increased international tensions and economic or financial crisis.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11310 grants authority to the Department of Justice to enforce the plans set out in Executive Orders, to institute industrial support, to establish judicial and legislative liaison, to control all aliens, to operate penal and correctional institutions, and to advise and assist the President.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11049 assigns emergency preparedness function to federal departments and agencies, consolidating 21 operative Executive Orders issued over a fifteen year period.

EXECUTIVE ORDER 11921 allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and the flow of money in U.S. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread452286/pg1

Here we see a JPP rightwing survivalist in his secret bunker:

3nGjrciqpq6rpkp6jKqyju4Fo1_500.jpg

You're the one stating that things always return to normal quickly. I believe they may or may not return to normal quickly. I don't profess to know how things always go. You do, however. Why are you certain things will always return to normal quickly? The past does not predict the future.

If things don't return to normal quickly how are the masses going to survive? There's no game to hunt in cities. It takes months to grow food. Unless one has a bunker/panic room they won't survive. The mob will attack. It's either attack or do nothing and die from starvation.

Back