Questions for survivalists

Fear. Paranoia. Greed. Hostility. Self-justification.

Survivalists are just like the GOP, aren't they?

Hmmm, that is an interesting take on the conversation.

The bulk of the posts have been about whether we could defend ourselves against a mob trying to kill us and take our stores. But we are greedy? lmao So the definition of "greedy" is wanting to protect what you have and what will help your family survive?

I am not hostile at all. I am simply not willing to see my family starve because someone else didn't prepare. To do otherwise is called stupidity, not hostility.

Murderous intent toward unarmed, hungry citizens.

Definitely like the GOP.

Murderous intent toward unarmed, hungry citizens.

Definitely like the GOP.

Oh, so I should hand out food and allow my own family to starve? Yeah, that is a typical response.

I worked hard to earn the money to buy what I have. I had the foresight to lay in stores against a possible crisis. But I should just hand them out to people who didn't plan ahead? lol

I have no murderous intent towards anyone who is not threatening the safety of my family. The fact that they are starving, while tragic, is not my concern. I do not have the resources to feed the entire county.

Let me ask you a question. (although I seriously doubt it will be answered) If you have had the good sense to store food, and some crisis does happen, what would you do? Bear in mind, if you give up your stores your family may well starve to death very soon.

What would you do?

Have you stopped teaching your daughter to shoot unarmed people yet?

When people are starving what's right and wrong makes little difference.

As for them knowing what you have once the store shelves become empty groups of people will band together to try and survive just like humans did thousands of years ago. In urban and suburban areas they will pool their resources. If someone does not answer their door they will try to break in thinking the house is empty and salvage what they can. If someone refuses to open their home or starts shooting that's just as good as saying, "Hey, I have lots of food in here." That's when the "games" begin.

One or two people will not hold off a crowd of 50 or 100 hungry folks especially if they have young children. People will try to get in 24 hours a day or set the house on fire. They have nothing to lose and there's no one more dangerous than a person who has nothing to lose.

It will only be possible to hold out for a short period, maybe a few weeks, at most.

that is a two way street, you know that right? those of us defending our families from a mob of people have already assumed that mindset ahead of time. the only one more dangerous than someone with nothing left to lose, is someone with nothing left to lose who is armed.

Awesome. A bunch of (purported) Christians gathered on the Sabbath, boasting about their plans to murder unarmed, hungry people.

Have you stopped teaching your daughter to shoot unarmed people yet?

As I predicted, no answer to the question. And yet, that very question is the premise for the conversation.

Yeah, I guess its easier to take potshots if you aren't actually part of the conversation.

Awesome. A bunch of (purported) Christians gathered on the Sabbath, boasting about their plans to murder unarmed, hungry people.

Double check when the Sabbath is before you start looking more ignorant.

While you are at it, you might also want to recheck the definition of "murder". No where in the civilized world is self-defense considered murder.

Still no answer to my question? Imagine that.

that is a two way street, you know that right? those of us defending our families from a mob of people have already assumed that mindset ahead of time. the only one more dangerous than someone with nothing left to lose, is someone with nothing left to lose who is armed.

A mother defending her child is a dangerous thing.

Imagine your glee as you paint your target in the ruby glow of your Crimson Trace grips and squeeze the trigger.

A mother defending her child is a dangerous thing.

definitely, which is why my wife (who doesn't like guns) had me teach her how to use one for scenarios just like we're talking about.

oh, you might want to look in to the definition of defending. The last I read, trying to invade the home of someone who has something that you want is not defense, it's offense.

definitely, which is why my wife (who doesn't like guns) had me teach her how to use one for scenarios just like we're talking about.

oh, you might want to look in to the definition of defending. The last I read, trying to invade the home of someone who has something that you want is not defense, it's offense.

I meant my wife defending her child from that aforementioned mob.

Do wives statistically use firearms to shoot their husbands more often than unknown intruders? Just asking.

Do wives statistically use firearms to shoot their husbands more often than unknown intruders? Just asking.

Irrelevant to the topic at hand. And its odd that you ask questions when you refuse to answer them.

Since Puritan times, most English-speaking Protestants equate "Lord's Day" (viz., Sunday) with "Sabbath", as do most Roman Catholic and some Eastern Orthodox faiths; kept in commemoration of the resurrection of Christ, it is often celebrated with the Eucharist.

For many it is the day of rest, and of communal worship in remembrance of Resurrection Day. It is considered both the first day and the "eighth day" of the seven-day week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbath

But murdereous rightwing survivalists consider some other day the Sabbath, apparently.

Since Puritan times, most English-speaking Protestants equate "Lord's Day" (viz., Sunday) with "Sabbath", as do most Roman Catholic and some Eastern Orthodox faiths; kept in commemoration of the resurrection of Christ, it is often celebrated with the Eucharist.

For many it is the day of rest, and of communal worship in remembrance of Resurrection Day. It is considered both the first day and the "eighth day" of the seven-day week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabbath

The Sabbath is saturday. What many people "consider" the sabbath is not really relevant. Nor is attending church services required in order to be a christian. I am spending time with family before leaving town for work. As much as I enjoy attending services, this is more important.

Back