Questions for survivalists

The Sabbath is saturday. What many people "consider" the sabbath is not really relevant. Nor is attending church services required in order to be a christian. I am spending time with family before leaving town for work. As much as I enjoy attending services, this is more important.

Who said attending church is required to be a Christian? You sure like to build strawmen.

Are your kids proud of their Christian daddy, who spends quality time on the internet bragging about how many hungry people he'll kill to keep their Vienna sausages safe?

Who said attending church is required to be a Christian? You sure like to build strawmen.

Are your kids proud of their Christian daddy, who spends quality time on the internet bragging about how many hungry people he'll kill to keep their Vienna sausages safe?

You are the one who mentioned christians online on the sabbath.

My kids are proud of me. As for the rest, do you enjoy making shit up and creating strawman arguments?

I see you still haven't answered my simple question. Funny how that works, isn't it? You attack people for their answers, but refuse to answer the same questions.

Someday, perhaps, you will have kids. Your first priority is to protect them.

I'm sure your kids will be proud when you tell them if a crisis comes you will give your food away and they will starve.

Do liberals statistically avoid having to face the truth of their absurd notions after they've had the fabric of fantasy stripped from them? why yes, they do

There's no absurd notion. Regardless of a financial collapse there is food in the country. Harvest season is a few weeks away. A money shortage, possibly. A food shortage, no.

Also, houses do not vanish into thin air when there is a money shortage. Hydro damns do not dematerialize. Nuclear power plants do not evaporate.

This is a false dilemma perpetrated upon the people. Nothing has changed as far as supplies are concerned. As for the debt ceiling it's fine to cut back but not at the expense of people going hungry or homeless.

There's no absurd notion. Regardless of a financial collapse there is food in the country. Harvest season is a few weeks away. A money shortage, possibly. A food shortage, no.

Also, houses do not vanish into thin air when there is a money shortage. Hydro damns do not dematerialize. Nuclear power plants do not evaporate.

This is a false dilemma perpetrated upon the people. Nothing has changed as far as supplies are concerned. As for the debt ceiling it's fine to cut back but not at the expense of people going hungry or homeless.

No, the power plants do not vanish. But the lines that get them to your home are a mantenance intensive system. There may be major mega-watts being generated, but unless all the lines are up and intact, it does you no good at all.

Yes, there is food and yes harvest is just around the corner (if not already happening, I have some delicious tomatoes). But who gets the food to the hungry people? If the areas are overrun with hungry mobs, even the military will balk at going into urban areas. Also, if there is some system for getting the food to refuge camps, the mobs will leave us alone in favor of those compounds.

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."

(Matthew 22.37-40 ESV)

Note: God grants an exemption to rightwing survivalists.

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."

(Matthew 22.37-40 ESV)

Note: God grants an exemption to rightwing survivalists.

I will ask forgiveness for my sins. But I will defend my home.

Tell us what you would do. You love to attack and ridicule. So tell us what the proper way to face a crisis like this?

"He who withholds but a pennyworth of worldly goods from his neighbor, knowing him to be in need of it, is a robber in the sight of God.

Further, I declare, who spares a penny for himself to put it by against a rainy day, thinking, I may have need of that for tomorrow, is a murderer before God."

Meister Eckhart

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meister_Eckhart

"Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

(Matthew 6.31-34 ESV)

No, the power plants do not vanish. But the lines that get them to your home are a mantenance intensive system. There may be major mega-watts being generated, but unless all the lines are up and intact, it does you no good at all.

Yes, there is food and yes harvest is just around the corner (if not already happening, I have some delicious tomatoes). But who gets the food to the hungry people? If the areas are overrun with hungry mobs, even the military will balk at going into urban areas. Also, if there is some system for getting the food to refuge camps, the mobs will leave us alone in favor of those compounds.

There's no reason for the areas to be overrun with hungry people because there's no reason for food delivery to stop in the first place.

There's no reason for the areas to be overrun with hungry people because there's no reason for food delivery to stop in the first place.

If fuel stopped being delivered tomorrow, how long before all transport of goods would fold up?

Far MORE accurate. In fact, I'd be willing to bet my daughter could hit the flying bottle 8 or 9 times out of 10. I assure you I could score a torso hit much farther than a man can throw a flaming bottle.

I'd make it 10 times out of 10 with a good shotgun...and once the first one gets hit, the (spectacular) result would be quite a deterrant to others!

I'd make it 10 times out of 10 with a good shotgun...and once the first one gets hit, the (spectacular) result would be quite a deterrant to others!

I was thinking that same thing. Having a molotov cocktail explode overhead would be an excellent deterrent.

Back