Raccoon hunt night 1

https://www.cdfa.ca.gov/statistics/

2015 Crop Year Report
In 2015 California’s farms and ranches received approximately $47 billion for their output. This represents a decrease of nearly 17 percent compared to 2014. California remains the leading US state in cash farm receipts.
California’s agricultural abundance includes more than 400 commodities. Over a third of the country’s vegetables and two-thirds of the country’s fruits and nuts are grown in California. California’s top–10 valued commodities for 2015 are:
Milk — $6.29 billion
Almonds — $5.33 billion
Grapes — $4.95 billion
Cattle, Calves — $3.39 billion
Lettuce — $2.25 billion
Strawberries — $1.86 billion
Tomatoes — $1.71 billion
Poultry/Eggs — $1.7 billion
Walnuts — $977 million
Hay — $945 million

Statistics
California agricultural statistics derive primarily from the United States Department of Agriculture/National Agricultural Statistics Services (USDA/NASS) reports. The California Department of Food and Agriculture also publishes statistics related to California dairy production and, in cooperation with the University of California at Davis, statistics for California agricultural exports. For most timely research into California dairy statistics, please see our dairy pages under Division of Marketing Services. Please see also links in the right hand column for USDA National Agricultural Statistics and Economic Research Service reporting. For county-level reporting please see the CDFA County Liaison site.
Annual crop year reports have been reproduced below for your convenience. The comprehensive 2015 report is still being developed. Export reports are typically published within the corresponding crop year report. While data is made available throughout the year, crop year and export reports are published typically about one year following the given crop year.

I'm speaking about actual production that results in receipts. It's one thing to just produce but its another thing to then have those commodities impact the economy. California is important, I didn't say it wasn't, but just as California is important so are many other states that make up our nation's food supply.

https://data.ers.usda.gov/reports.aspx?ID=53580

also there are billions of pounds of food wasted every year in the United States so it could also be argued that we are over overproducing on a national level and that millions of people are being wasteful of their food because of a disconnect with how its produced and the work that goes into it. It's why I think that we as a nation should not rely on a handful of food conglomerates to provide us with our food and that if we as a country have a more agrarian focus on the state and local level, not dramatic but just a little more hands on as a country when it comes to crops and livestock, then perhaps we wouldnt have so much waste.

then why did you lie about California food production

I didn't lie about anything. I'm just trying to have a conversation that is not totally one sided or that is going to result in someone needlessly blowing something out of proportion like you are doing.

Anyway i'm sorry but I'm done talking about this. We can talk about hunting if you'd like because thats what my thread is about.

It does not produce half of the country's food. It's the top state producer of food at about 10-12% of the country's supply with other states including Texas right there behind them by just a couple of percentage points. Many states are important agricultural states that help keep this country moving forward. Texas produces the most cotton for example, Nebraska and Texas are two of the biggest beef producers. Many of the so called flyover states that are often negatively stereotyped and ignored help keep this country fed as well with corn, wheat and other cereal crops, soybeans, and so on.

post 38

2015 Crop Year Report
In 2015 California’s farms and ranches received approximately $47 billion for their output. This represents a decrease of nearly 17 percent compared to 2014. California remains the leading US state in cash farm receipts.
California’s agricultural abundance includes more than 400 commodities. Over a third of the country’s vegetables and two-thirds of the country’s fruits and nuts are grown in California. California’s top–10 valued commodities for 2015 are:
Milk — $6.29 billion
Almonds — $5.33 billion
Grapes — $4.95 billion
Lettuce — $2.25 billion
Tomatoes — $1.71 billion
Walnuts — $977 million
Hay — $945 million

Statistics
California agricultural statistics derive primarily from the United States Department of Agriculture/National Agricultural Statistics Services (USDA/NASS) reports. The California Department of Food and Agriculture also publishes statistics related to California dairy production and, in cooperation with the University of California at Davis, statistics for California agricultural exports. For most timely research into California dairy statistics, please see our dairy pages under Division of Marketing Services. Please see also links in the right hand column for USDA National Agricultural Statistics and Economic Research Service reporting. For county-level reporting please see the CDFA County Liaison site.
Annual crop year reports have been reproduced below for your convenience. The comprehensive 2015 report is still being developed. Export reports are typically published within the corresponding crop year report. While data is made available throughout the year, crop year and export reports are published typically about one year following the given crop year.

post 40

I remember my dad and brother coming home with a load of squirrels one morning. They grilled some of them up and put them on the kitchen counter while they were making some other things only to then be eaten by our dogs after grabbing them off the counter. I will say squirrel meat is definitely under rated though.

how can you kill so many squirrels? I would assume they move fast and are hard to target. I don't know anything about hunting.

Also, please start threadbanning evince. She is a troll and a hateful person. You aren't proving anything by letting her tard up your threads. Have you ever once seen her provide any value anywhere?

2015 Crop Year Report
Milk — $6.29 billion
Almonds — $5.33 billion
Grapes — $4.95 billion
Lettuce — $2.25 billion
Tomatoes — $1.71 billion
Walnuts — $977 million
Hay — $945 million

Statistics

2qjhun4.jpg

106k9dt.jpg

2zp5vu1.jpg

5ana89.jpg

2vklzk3.jpg

157g7zb.jpg

We stay busy on Christmas break. Lots of hunting, shooting, cooking and eating. I'm enjoying this time with my boy during his teenage years. I know I'll lose my favorite hunting and fishing partner when he goes off to college. But right now life is good....very good.

Good job and good eating

2015 Crop Year Report
Milk — $6.29 billion
Almonds — $5.33 billion
Grapes — $4.95 billion
Lettuce — $2.25 billion
Tomatoes — $1.71 billion
Walnuts — $977 million
Hay — $945 million

Statistics

Lol...California has lots of fruits and nuts.....

Back