Raccoon hunt night 1

i'm just gonna go ahead and post-facto threadban evince since norah is still new here and doesn't know how threadbanning works.

Norah, when you create a thread, there will be a small box under where you make your post that looks like this:

C6hevF6.png

you can just put in the names of trolls and people that you dont think will be productive.

normally as a matter of operating procedure even though us mods can add people to the ban list after the fact, we typically don't do so because the logic of a thread ban is "the person has to be bad enough for one to know to ban them in advance," and to prevent people from spite banning others in the middle of an argument.

If you don't want evince banned from this thread just let me know (either here in this thread or you can pm me) and i'll lift it for you.

i'm just gonna go ahead and post-facto threadban evince since norah is still new here and doesn't know how threadbanning works.

Norah, when you create a thread, there will be a small box under where you make your post that looks like this:

C6hevF6.png

you can just put in the names of trolls and people that you dont think will be productive.

normally as a matter of operating procedure even though us mods can add people to the ban list after the fact, we typically don't do so because the logic of a thread ban is "the person has to be bad enough for one to know to ban them in advance," and to prevent people from spite banning others in the middle of an argument.

If you don't want evince banned from this thread just let me know (either here in this thread or you can pm me) and i'll lift it for you.
or you can not thread ban them and troll them and expose them to public ridicule and disdain. Grind does that to me all the time.

or you can not thread ban them and troll them and expose them to public ridicule and disdain. Grind does that to me all the time.

Everyone already knows Desh is a retard. I look at thread bans as birth control for JPP.

It is especially sweet using thread bans on lefties because it was designed because of lefties complaining about me.

I have noticed ILA getting a good few thanks from mott and others these days. I think people are warming up to him.

i was one of the first people to see a deeper side to ILA and know him as a cool dude. as usual I am ahead of the curve on everything

Unfortunately, evince, killing critters is sometimes necessary to protect property. If you have ever had a raccoon in your attic, or even squirrels, you would understand. Raccoons can do a lot of damage.

Yup.
Hated it but we had to shoot four coons that moved into the attic.
They were severely messing with my Alasken Malamute.
All but one were given to a taxidermist.

2qjhun4.jpg

106k9dt.jpg

2zp5vu1.jpg

5ana89.jpg

2vklzk3.jpg

157g7zb.jpg

We stay busy on Christmas break. Lots of hunting, shooting, cooking and eating. I'm enjoying this time with my boy during his teenage years. I know I'll lose my favorite hunting and fishing partner when he goes off to college. But right now life is good....very good.

Nice mess of catfish.

That looks amazing!

Fatal Degenerative Neurologic Illnesses in Men Who Participated in Wild Game Feasts --- Wisconsin, 2002

Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) is a fatal neurologic disorder in humans. CJD is one of a group of conditions known as transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSEs), or prion diseases, that are believed to be caused by abnormally configured, host-encoded prion proteins that accumulate in the central nervous tissue (1). CJD has an annual incidence of approximately 1 case per million population in the United States (1) and occurs in three forms: sporadic, genetically determined, and acquired by infection. In the latter form, the incubation period is measured typically in years. Recent evidence that prion infection can cross the species barrier between humans and cattle has raised increasing public health concerns about the possible transmission to humans of a TSE among deer and elk known as chronic wasting disease (CWD) (2). During 1993--1999, three men who participated in wild game feasts in northern Wisconsin died of degenerative neurologic illnesses. This report documents the investigation of these deaths, which was initiated in August 2002 and which confirmed the death of only one person from CJD. Although no association between CWD and CJD was found, continued surveillance of both diseases remains important to assess the possible risk for CWD transmission to humans.

Case Reports

Case 1. In December 1992, a Wisconsin man aged 66 years with a history of seizures since 1969 sought treatment for recurring seizures, increasing forgetfulness, and worsening hand tremors. Electroencephalographic (EEG) examination demonstrated focal epileptiform activity and nonspecific diffuse abnormalities, but no specific diagnosis was made. In February 1993, he was hospitalized for increasing confusion, ataxia, and movement tremors of his extremities. A magnetic resonance image (MRI) demonstrated mild, nonspecific enhancement along the inferior parasagittal occipital lobe. A repeat EEG showed bifrontal intermittent, short-interval, periodic sharp waves, suggesting a progressive encephalopathy; a diagnosis of CJD was suspected. The man died later that month; neuropathologic examination of brain tissue during autopsy indicated subacute spongiform encephalopathy, compatible with CJD.

The man was a lifelong hunter who ate venison frequently. He hunted primarily in northern Wisconsin but also at least once in Montana. He hosted wild game feasts at his cabin in northern Wisconsin from 1976 until shortly before his death. Fixed brain tissue obtained during the autopsy was sent for analysis to the National Prion Disease Pathology Surveillance Center (NPDPSC) and reexamined at the institution where the autopsy was conducted. Histopathologic examination did not substantiate the diagnosis of prion disease. In addition, 27 brain tissue sections were negative for prions by immunostaining despite positive antibody reactions against other proteins (controls), which indicated that other epitopes in the tissue samples were preserved.

Case 2. In May 1999, a Minnesota man aged 55 years with no previous history of a neurologic disease sought evaluation and treatment following a 3-month history of progressive difficulty in writing and unsteadiness of gait. A computerized tomography (CT) scan and MRI examination of his head did not indicate any abnormality. In June 1999, he was hospitalized following onset of dementia, speech abnormalities, and myoclonic jerking. An EEG indicated left-hemispheric periodic sharp waves and moderate generalized background slowing; CJD was diagnosed clinically. In July 1999, following worsening symptoms and development of right upper extremity dystonia, the patient died. Neuropathologic evaluation of brain tissue during autopsy demonstrated widespread subcortical spongiform lesions, consistent with CJD.

The man was not a hunter but had a history of eating venison. He made an estimated 12 visits to the cabin where the wild game feasts were held, but he participated in only one feast during the mid-1980s. Sections of fixed and frozen brain tissue obtained during autopsy were analyzed at NPDPSC, and prion disease was confirmed by immunohistochemical and Western blot testing. The Western blot characteristics and prion disease phenotype in this patient were consistent with the most common form of sporadic CJD, classified as M/M (M/V) 1 (3). Subsequent genetic typing confirmed the presence of methionine homozygosity (M/M) at codon 129 of the patient's prion protein gene.

Case 3. In June 1992, a Wisconsin man aged 65 years sought treatment for progressive slowing of speech, worsening memory, and personality changes. By January 1993, his speech was reduced to one-word utterances. Neurologic examination showed a flat affect, decreased reflexes, and apraxia. A CT head scan showed mild atrophy, and an EEG was normal. Pick's disease was diagnosed. By May, he was unable to perform any daily living activities; he died in August 1993. Neuropathologic evaluation of brain tissue during autopsy showed symmetrical frontal lobe cerebral cortical atrophy and mild temporal lobe atrophy. No Pick's bodies or spongiform lesions were observed.

The man had a history of eating venison and participated regularly in wild game feasts held at the cabin owned by patient 1. He was a lifelong hunter and hunted mostly in Wisconsin but also in Wyoming and British Columbia. No game was brought to the wild game feasts from his hunting trips outside of Wisconsin. Examination of fixed brain tissue sent to NPDPSC demonstrated no lesions indicative of CJD, and immunohistochemical testing with antibody to the prion protein did not demonstrate the granular deposits seen in prion diseases.

Epidemiologic Investigation

Wild game feasts consisting of elk, deer, antelope, and other game that occurred at a cabin in northern Wisconsin owned by patient 1 began in 1976 and continued through 2002. These feasts typically involved 10--15 participants and usually occurred on weekends before or during hunting seasons in the fall and occasionally in the spring. Wild game brought to these feasts usually were harvested in Wisconsin, but three men who attended these feasts reported hunting in the western United States and bringing game back to Wisconsin. These activities took place in Colorado (near the towns of Cortez, Trinidad, Collbran, Durango, and Meeker), Wyoming (near the towns of Gilette and Cody), and Montana (near the town of Malta). CWD was not known to be endemic in these areas at the time that these hunting activities took place.

Information was obtained for 45 (85%) of 53 persons who were identified as possibly participating in the wild game feasts; all were male. Information was obtained by direct interview or from family members of decedents. Of the 45 persons, for whom information was obtained, 34 were reported to have attended wild game feasts. Seven of the 34 feast attendees were deceased, including the three patients. None of the four other decedents had a cause of death attributed to or associated with a degenerative neurologic disorder. None of the living participants had any signs or symptoms consistent with a degenerative neurologic disorder.

Reported by: JP Davis, MD, J Kazmierczak, DVM, M Wegner, MD, R Wierzba, Div of Public Health, State of Wisconsin Dept of Health and Family Svcs. P Gambetti, National Prion Disease Pathology Surveillance Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio. L Schonberger, MD, R Maddox, MPH, E Belay, MD, Div of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases; V Hsu, MD, EIS Officer, CDC.

1b5f27d60f8f7c599ee58369b1c3f281.jpg

Tularemia, or rabbit fever, is a bacterial disease associated with both animals and humans. Although many wild and domestic animals can be infected, the rabbit is most often involved in disease outbreaks.

ticks-cycle.jpg

myxomatosis_wild_rabbit_LennartRosberg.jpg

Last edited:
I don't feel guilty about killing animals and others
Postby jimbronson » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:07 pm

A little background info, I am 25 and served in active duty military for six years recently getting honorably discharge. I've struggled all my life with violence, anger, and relationship problems. Mostly I can interact with people and am generally likable and intelligent; I get along with everyone as long as they don't piss me off. I was in and out of therapy a lot as a kid and struggled with crippling depression which led to major suicidal tendencies and I don't really have them anymore the thoughts come up every now and then, but nothing I would take action on. When I was young it went from ADD, turned out they were wrong to depression/borderline personality, to alluding to bipolar disorder. I never really sought treatment and trudged on.
But the point I am getting to is I started killing animals around the age of 6 and kept this up until I was about 18, I have a healthy respect for animals it just never bothered me to kill them and the ways I did it I knew I should feel bad but never did or have to this day. Most of the people who know me know about this, it was once brought up how I fed my sister her pet rabbit not out of cruelly, I wanted to eat her rabbit cause I like it and she just happened to walk in while I was cooking it. I couldn't tell her the truth so I told her it was quail. I also started hunting around twelve and am still a hunter today.
In the army I served on some specialized infantry teams and had a very good run earning quick promotions and generally liked by everyone. I did 27 months of combat time served in Iraq starting during the surge and we fought and killed a lot of people. I never felt bad or guilty about it unlike the others and this has always bothered me, I didn't feel good about it it just didn't matter to me no matter who it was unless it wasn't my friends who got hurt. I am now about to attend college full time and am seriously thinking about talking about this hence why I'm here, it can't be normal. I do suffer from other symptoms from bouts of depression to grumpy to angry, I am less depressed since I got out of the army where I had dangerous suicidal thoughts but never got help out of fear of professional hindrance. This lack of guilt is what really bothers me though and the loneliness and relationship problem that suck too.

Back