Ray Manzarek, the Doors' keyboardist, dies at 74

Why?
If they had any talent I would have heard of them.

I've heard of the greats, know the songs, these guys, nothing.
They weren't along for long. Morrison died very young. He was the poet and vocalist. Manzerak was the musical genius, inspired by Morrison's poetry.

Why?
If they had any talent I would have heard of them.

I've heard of the greats, know the songs, these guys, nothing.

If you are a fan of Rock & Roll and have never heard of The Doors, you are an idiot who must be listening to whatever pop phenom is topping the charts today.

"Light My Fire" is number 35 on Rolling Stone's list of the top 500 rock and roll songs of all time. Anybody who hasn't heard the Doors doesn't know shit about rock and roll.

That's not even their best song, just the one that got them noticed. The original version was much longer; their producer suggested that they shorten it to get radio exposure and it took off, made them millions.

Yeah...and you know more about good rock and roll than Rolling Stone magazine does, doncha?

You cannot possibly begin to imagine just how ridiculous a douchebag you really are.

Yeah...and you know more about good rock and roll than Rolling Stone magazine does, doncha?

You cannot possibly begin to imagine just how ridiculous a douchebag you really are.
Rolling stone magazine?
A magazine about a bunch of elderly former drug addicts?

I save my eyes for reading quality.
My ears are saved for quality music too.

Rolling stone magazine?

Rolling stone magazine?

and don't forget.... Your khukuri for decapitating liberals!

Trust me on this... You're a seriously fucked up dork, Paulie... Whatever will I DO with all this cool personal info of yours that you lied you ass off about and claimed you weren't even online to post? The possibilities are endless!

Oh the door were a pop band, like one of them boy band things?

The Doors were only one of the more influential bands in Rock & Roll history.

I get it. You don't like them and didn't know who they were. That says far more about you than it does about the band. My previous statement is confirmed.

Rolling stone magazine?

No, it is one of the premier magazines covering rock music. But I'm sure you know more than they do. They have only lived the scene for decades. You have listened to the radio.

Oh the door were a pop band, like one of them boy band things?
No. They were the band that worried your parents greatly. When the evening got long and you were getting your buzz on overdrive, the Doors vinyl came out...

Back