Reality check on electric cars

The reality is that for almost all Americans EVs are a smarter choice than ICEs. Into the lies says he drives 500 miles a day pulling a backhoe. He should not get one for that purpose. EV drivers have the ability to read the range gage that is on the screen. It is more obvious than the gas gauge in your car. EV drivers are not living in fear of running out.

The reality is that for almost all Americans EVs are a smarter choice than ICEs. Into the lies says he drives 500 miles a day pulling a backhoe. He should not get one for that purpose. EV drivers have the ability to read the range gage that is on the screen. It is more obvious than the gas gauge in your car. EV drivers are not living in fear of running out.

My garage is reserved exclusively for my dignified, excessively fast, ground pounding loud, gas guzzling Sports car.
I don't feel like putting an outside charging system in. Way too expensive, not to mention the cost of the EV.
My Hyundai is turbocharged, gets 26mpg, 400 miles per tankful and it's paid for. You can keep your EV.

You are a blithering idiot and most here know that.
You are a pathetic, scientifically illiterate and mathematically incompetent idiot who thinks he somehow speaks for everybody else. I can only imagine how terribly insecure you must feel in your positions, knowing that you know nothing about any of the the subject matter and that you are only allowed to regurgitate what others order you to believe.

I feel sorry for you.

The reality is that for almost all Americans EVs are a smarter choice than ICEs.
Apparently Americans disagree with you. Less than 1% of the cars on the road are EVs, and the EV market is crashing (again). You don't get to dictate anything, Sock. You are not the King.
Into the lies says he drives 500 miles a day pulling a backhoe. He should not get one for that purpose. EV drivers have the ability to read the range gage that is on the screen. It is more obvious than the gas gauge in your car.
You are apparently unaware that quite a few gasoline cars have a similar 'range gauge' that is not the fuel gauge.
EV drivers are not living in fear of running out.
Blatant lie. You are in constant fear of finding your next charge. You have to deal with wasting all that time when you DO find your next charge.

I'll just keep on truckin'.

My garage is reserved exclusively for my dignified, excessively fast, ground pounding loud, gas guzzling Sports car.
I don't feel like putting an outside charging system in. Way too expensive, not to mention the cost of the EV.
My Hyundai is turbocharged, gets 26mpg, 400 miles per tankful and it's paid for. You can keep your EV.

In fact, DTE and other power companies make a list of acceptable vendors who will give you a deal and good service in installation. The cost for a fast charger is about 800 bucks. You will get that back in gasoline costs quickly.
EVs are cheap. There are many way below the average cost of ICEs.
You have it all wrong after all this time.

In fact, DTE and other power companies make a list of acceptable vendors who will give you a deal and good service in installation. The cost for a fast charger is about 800 bucks. You will get that back in gasoline costs quickly.

The cost to install a fast charger varies from about $500 to $2500 depending on the location of the service panel and where the charger is going. That would be for one running at 60 to 100 amps, the charger itself not included.

I recently traveled just over 1000 miles across open desert. No EVs. They can't handle that road. No chargers. Just a few cheesy gas stations.
Hahahaha yup... driving through Wyoming on a vacation numerous years ago was a lot of fun that way too. At particular times, one had to make sure that the gas tank was filled full because some open stretches of road can go a LOOOOOOOOONG way before reaching another gas station. E.g. -- from Dayton, WY to Lovell, WY taking the Hwy Alt-14 route through the mountain terrain. I'd like to see an EV try to drive THAT route :rofl2: Same with the "forest roads" along that route :rofl2: They'd instead have to stick to the regular Hwy-14 route and hope that they could make it from Sheridan, WY to Cody, WY (roughly 150 miles without any detours) before needing to spend hours of time waiting to recharge again :rofl2: and they better not attempt that drive during Winter... or Summer... :rofl2:

The cost to install a fast charger varies from about $500 to $2500 depending on the location of the service panel and where the charger is going. That would be for one running at 60 to 100 amps, the charger itself not included.

They average 800 bucks. The charger is about 500 bucks. Of course, you can come up with special conditions that says they cost more for someone somewhere. But Evs have been on the road since 2013 and they have real data.

They average 800 bucks. The charger is about 500 bucks. Of course, you can come up with special conditions that says they cost more for someone somewhere. But Evs have been on the road since 2013 and they have real data.
The cost for a home charger centers on $600. The installation depends on the cost of living in your area. Higher cost of living areas will price out at $1,100 - $1,300. Lower cost of living areas will price out at $800-$1,000.

Anyone interested in a home EV charging station is going to shell out at least $1,500 (when you include sales tax) ... but will probably have to pay a couple of hundred dollars more.

The hit on the electric bill will be substantial. Anyone considering a home EV charger for a home that's running on solar is probably going to have a strong case of buyer's remorse.

The install cost depends largely on two things:

Where the service panel is in relation to the charger and the length of the run that results.

For a 60 to 100 amp service expect to pay about $10 to $20 a foot for materials. Labor from a company like (local here) George Brazil, Parker and Sons, Haskins, is about $125 to $150 an hour and the install will take anywhere from 2 to 8 hours to complete.

Sure, if you can get somebody like me to do it instead where I'm not running a full-time business, using employees, etc., it'll be less but you can't count on finding somebody like me to do it either.

For example, the local company Parker and Sons just quoted a couple I did a ceiling fan for almost $9000 to replace their service panel. I quoted $4000 for the same work and said I might come in cheaper depending on the actual work involved. Additionally, they're quoting using Challenger (think the cheap knock off brand) for the panel and breakers. I told them I'd use Square D, GE, or ITE Siemens, the good brands for residential and let them choose after explaining the differences.

I'll keep what I have. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I've seen people become experts at something in less than 2 hours.

IBDaMann happens to know what he is talking about. He certainly knows enough chemistry to understand what an idiot you are.

Now, stop evading and answer his question.
Apparently it takes Walt 10,000 to 20,000 hours to become an expert at sorting laundry by type (socks, underwear, jeans, etc)

A rather slow learner he is... ;)

If someone can have a far above average knowledge in something in less than 2 hours,
WHOOOOOOOOOOA there, Bessy! Let me remind everyone of what you ACTUALLY said:

"It takes about 10,000 to 20,000 hours to become an expert in something. Most people will not be an expert in anything. But Mann thinks he can become an expert in a minute or two, and thinks he is an expert in everything."

It didn't even take me anywhere near two hours to become an expert at sorting laundry by each clothing type, let alone 10-20 thousand hours like it apparently takes for YOU to become an expert at it. I suggest that you stop wasting your time on this moronic exchange of yours and spend another 10,000 hours of your time on becoming an expert laundry sorter.

then why don't the rest of the people spend the 2 hours to get that knowledge?
Speak for yourself. Just because YOU are unwilling to put in the time doesn't mean that other people aren't willing to put in the time.

That is just common sense.
... which you obviously lack.

Or maybe he's more into the car's entertainment center than it's driving performance and qualities...

You guys say the dumbest shit. I have never ever had to wait for charging. It happens at night when we sleep. I do not have to check gas prices. I do not have to look for one with an open pump. I do not have to pump my own gas in a potentially dangerous gas station. You spend a lot of time involved in fueling your pollution mobile.

The reality is that for almost all Americans EVs are a smarter choice than ICEs.
Wrong. I've already explained in prior posts in this thread how they are a WORSE choice for most Americans, and my explanation is evidenced by how FEW EV's are on the roads.

Even today, during my drive into the city, I only saw a couple of Priuses. Not a single EV in sight.

Into the lies says he drives 500 miles a day pulling a backhoe. He should not get one for that purpose.
As far as I can tell (from previous posts of his), he sees no use for an EV with regard to his needs for his vehicles. He doesn't seem to have even the slightest bit of interest in getting one.

EV drivers have the ability to read the range gage that is on the screen. It is more obvious than the gas gauge in your car.
No it isn't. A gas gauge is already blatantly obvious. In addition, my 2007 Town Car can even be set to show how much "range" I have remaining (e.g. "150 miles".

EV drivers are not living in fear of running out.
A blatant lie. They are always in fear of where the nearest charging station is and if they are able to spare hours upon hours to wait for their vehicle to refuel. That's why they tend to align their refueling with the same time that they wish to fall asleep for the night.

I once drove over 900 miles in a single day (from Wyoming to Wisconsin). I had to stop a few times (for a few minutes each time) to refuel and go to the bathroom, as well as choosing to stop once for a quick meal. I left north eastern Wyoming at about 6am and arrived in south central Wisconsin at about 9pm. Try doing THAT with an EV... ;)

Last edited:
You guys say the dumbest shit. I have never ever had to wait for charging. It happens at night when we sleep. I do not have to check gas prices. I do not have to look for one with an open pump. I do not have to pump my own gas in a potentially dangerous gas station. You spend a lot of time involved in fueling your pollution mobile.

Anecdote isn't evidence.

You guys say the dumbest shit.
No, that's YOU good buddy. In fact, I'd consider your very next statement to be "sig worthy".

I have never ever had to wait for charging.
Just a snap of your finger and your EV is instantly refueled again, eh? :rofl2:

It happens at night when we sleep.
Right. It takes sooooooooo damn long for your EV to refuel that you quite literally fall asleep while waiting and waiting waiting and waiting waiting and waiting waiting and waiting waiting and waiting waiting and waiting waiting and waiting for your EV to refuel. So yes, you've had to wait for charging. You even admit here that you can't manage to stay awake while waiting because the wait time is so long.

I do not have to check gas prices.
Right, because you check electricity prices instead. You check charging station prices instead.

I do not have to look for one with an open pump.
Right, because you have to look for an open charging station spot instead.

I do not have to pump my own gas in a potentially dangerous gas station.
Right, because you have to plug in your car at a potentially dangerous charging station instead.

You spend a lot of time involved in fueling your pollution mobile.
You spend a lot, (and I mean A LOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT), of time involved in fueling your "pollution" mobile.

Back