Reality check on electric cars

How much did it cost to upgrade your home electrical system and install the charging station? Don't lie.

Depends on the current service brought into the home. Most homes already have sufficient electrical service to install a charger. Depending on your area, you can do it yourself or hire an electrician to install the dedicated branch circuit for this purpose. Depending on the location of the branch circuit terminus and your distribution panel, and whether you need to expand your service entrance, installation costs can vary widely.

Only a licensed electrician, working with the power company (possibly to replace the transformer on the pole or in the vault), can expand the service entrance. This will also require permits and inspection fees. These can also vary widely.

1638985701035-png.875452

Asking Nordberg to not lie is an exercise in futility.

You are so proudly ignorant. Again, I use the charger that came with the vehicle and plug it into the garage. Is that difficult for you to understand? I do not lie. The truth does not match your far right-wing preconceptions, so you refuse to believe it. The problem is you, as usual.

Depends on the current service brought into the home. Most homes already have sufficient electrical service to install a charger. Depending on your area, you can do it yourself or hire an electrician to install the dedicated branch circuit for this purpose. Depending on the location of the branch circuit terminus and your distribution panel, and whether you need to expand your service entrance, installation costs can vary widely.

Only a licensed electrician, working with the power company (possibly to replace the transformer on the pole or in the vault), can expand the service entrance. This will also require permits and inspection fees. These can also vary widely.

You can charge on 120. It takes longer but works fine.

The cost to charge a Bolt per year depends on how much you use it and where you charge it (electricity prices vary widely).
Your reference to Valley Chevy is a false authority and specifies a made up number (argument from randU fallacy).

Like all electric cars of this size, the TIME it takes to charge it is the issue (about 10-12 hours from fully drained to full charge).

The Volt was a hybrid design. It is not an electric car.

Almost nobody is completely empty. You would have to drive a Bolt over 300 miles without charging. You just automatically plug it is when you get home. The 50 miles of charge you use is revitalized in a few minutes. You plug in at stores and restaurants. You plug in at work.
Why do you think electric cars owners run it down to zero? I am sure even you know better. But that is how you argue,|taking a weird and unlikely case and saying it is the standard. It is not. Charging is topping it off.

Questions cannot be 'stupid'.
Only living things with intelligence can be 'stupid'.
Questions are asked by living things. It is possible for a question to be stupid. Semantics fallacy.
Care to rephrase that?

And I will answer it (once it makes sense).
His question made sense. Evasion. Answer the question put to you.
You did NOT ask that.

You typed the following?

'because you're the one denying what he said.....do your numbers include subsidiess?.....'
The question make sense. Evasion. Semantics fallacy.
BTW - I sincerely advise you to not try and be 'cute' in your discussions/debates.

I mean no offense...honestly.

But I genuinely believe that you are neither intelligent enough nor educated enough to 'do it' properly.
Paradox. Insult fallacy. You intend to insult, even though you say you don't.
But...that's up to you.
Evasion. The question is put to YOU. YOU need to answer it. Inversion fallacy.

Okee dokee.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/stupid

Please show us all how ANY of these definitions applies to a written word/phrase?
False authority fallacy. Dictionaries do not define any word. No dictionary owns any word. Semantics fallacy.
Is this a threat?
Because it sounds more like a gift (based on our dealings so far).
Seriously.

Please...feel free to give me NO attention if that makes you happy.
Not a threat. An opinion. Fallacy fallacy.

No argument presented. Evasion. Answer the question put to you.

In other words...none of them do.
Evasion. Random phrase. No apparent coherency.
So instead of admitting it?
You try an ad hominem instead.
Inversion fallacy. You are describing yourself.
Ahhh...you trolls never change.
Inversion fallacy. You are describing yourself.
Ummm...are you having a stroke?
Insult fallacy. Mediquackery.

Attempt to void. Pivot fallacy. Trolling. No argument presented.

Zero. I use the charger that came with the car and plug it into the garage outlet.
Nothin' wrong with that. They are just slower.
I got a letter from DTE saying they will sell me an upgraded charger and install it for 700 bucks. Then will give back 500 in deals. I will likely do that. But I have no problems with the 120 chargers.
I assume your home already has a large enough electrical service (most homes do) for installing such a branch circuit (so does DTE).

Nope. Amperes are amperes. There is no age. You can't ram 208 amps into a car. False authority fallacy. You should read your own Holy Link, where they admit their fabricated numbers below.
Chargers have gotten better and faster.
Nope. You can't ram 208 amps into a car.
And rarely do you go from zero to full.
You will if you take it out on the open road or try to use the vehicle for all day service, such as truck or other work vehicle would.
You just plug it in at night and in a short time, you are topped off.
As long as you don't use the car much.
If you \go shopping, they have free chargers to top off.
TANSTAAFL. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch. It costs money to install and operate these things.
So do restaurants.
TANSTAAFL
Who drives 300 miles in a day? They should not get an elctric.
I drive much more than that in a day (up to 1000 miles). And I don't have an electric car.

You are so proudly ignorant.
Inversion fallacy.
Again, I use the charger that came with the vehicle and plug it into the garage. Is that difficult for you to understand?
RQAA.
I do not lie.
Yes you do.
The truth does not match your far right-wing preconceptions,
Define 'far right-wing preconception'. Buzzword fallacy. What 'truth'? Void argument fallacy.
so you refuse to believe it.
Believe what? Void argument fallacy.
The problem is you, as usual.
Inversion fallacy.

Almost nobody is completely empty.
You don't get to speak for everybody. You only get to speak for you. Omniscience fallacy.
You would have to drive a Bolt over 300 miles without charging.
A Bolt won't go more than 300 miles without charging. 300 miles is it's published range.
You just automatically plug it is when you get home.
You aren't home. Now what?
The 50 miles of charge you use is revitalized in a few minutes.
You are still trying to compare your short commute as open road travel. Why do you insist on this false equivalence fallacy?
You plug in at stores and restaurants. You plug in at work.
For 10-12 hours if the battery is fully drained.
Why do you think electric cars owners run it down to zero?
Because some have (and gotten stuck!). I am also referring to open road travel and all day use as a work vehicle, not short commutes.
I am sure even you know better.
I do. I see the false equivalence fallacies you continue to attempt. I also see the bigotry you continue to attempt.
But that is how you argue,|taking a weird and unlikely case
Open road travel is not unusual. Lots of people do it, sometimes hauling a big ass trailer with them.
and saying it is the standard. It is not.
No 'standard' of any kind was mentioned. Hallucination. Straw man fallacy.
Charging is topping it off.
No, it isn't. Charging is loading a device (battery in this case) with electrons. Redefinition fallacy. The electrons are stored in ions. See electrochemistry.

You don't get to speak for everybody. You only get to speak for you. Omniscience fallacy.

A Bolt won't go more than 300 miles without charging. 300 miles is it's published range.

You aren't home. Now what?

You are still trying to compare your short commute as open road travel. Why do you insist on this false equivalence fallacy?

For 10-12 hours if the battery is fully drained.

Because some have (and gotten stuck!). I am also referring to open road travel and all day use as a work vehicle, not short commutes.

I do. I see the false equivalence fallacies you continue to attempt. I also see the bigotry you continue to attempt.

Open road travel is not unusual. Lots of people do it, sometimes hauling a big ass trailer with them.

No 'standard' of any kind was mentioned. Hallucination. Straw man fallacy.

No, it isn't. Charging is loading a device (battery in this case) with electrons. Redefinition fallacy. The electrons are stored in ions. See electrochemistry.

You are showing a twisted brain. Topping off is what electric car owners do, Read something so your bubbling errors will be corrected. https://www.fuelsinstitute.org/Research/Reports/EV-Consumer-Behavior/EV-Consumer-Behavior-Report.pdf Type into your phone :"charging stations in (then your zip code).

Last edited:
Back