Reality check on electric cars

and ye EV's are cheaper

Nope. The cars tend to run more expensive for the same sized ICE car. Battery replacement costs are no joke. The length of time to 'refuel' the electric car is significant, requiring the use of more lodging on cross country trips than an ICE car.

Could have been fixed with a head + new crank, cams, assemblies. :rolleyes:

Nope. It was junk, even the heads were. They ported them into the stud threads.

The block, heads and intake are all 1965 period correct standard bore 427. the internals will be stronger than stock and it will have a much healthier cam

Nope. It was junk, even the heads were. They ported them into the stud threads.

The block, heads and intake are all 1965 period correct standard bore 427. the internals will be stronger than stock and it will have a much healthier cam

Given the availability of those..yeah..

I get it.

Yep. For what I'm having built, it's about average.

So you are restoring a very old car. A Tesla is not a very old car. Fixing a gasoline car train does not cost anywhere near $22,000 even if you have to replace the engine. Yes, that even includes replacing the Ford Exploditron 5.4 V8 engine.

Ram an connecting rod through the engine case on your 2006 Ford F150? No problem. Just get another engine for about $2500 and take better care of it this time. Nothing like the $22,000 Telsa battery replacement cost.

Yeah. I'm talking about crate engines.

So you are restoring a very old car. A Tesla is not a very old car. Fixing a gasoline car train does not cost anywhere near $22,000 even if you have to replace the engine. Yes, that even includes replacing the Ford Exploditron 5.4 V8 engine.

Ram an connecting rod through the engine case on your 2006 Ford F150? No problem. Just get another engine for about $2500 and take better care of it this time. Nothing like the $22,000 Telsa battery replacement cost.

Yeah. I'm talking about crate engines.

I don't own a Tesla. I doubt I ever will.

Are you up early or up late?

Early. I have a damn toothache and slept most of yesterday and last night. I took one of my Oxys Thurs. night, those damn things work great...except for the fact they upset my stomach and I sleep the whole next day. That's why I haven't taken one in months, I just keep them for when pain gets too intense.

Early. I have a damn toothache and slept most of yesterday and last night. I took one of my Oxys Thurs. night, those damn things work great...except for the fact they upset my stomach and I sleep the whole next day. That's why I haven't taken one in months, I just keep them for when pain gets too intense.

Vicadin is worse but do what ya gotta do and then stop the pills, they'll mess you up.

Back