Reality check on electric cars

The internal combustion engine was invented in 1794, dumbass. He is showing a car from 1912! Pay attention!

I know a bit of history about the internal combustion engine. You know when the hemispherical head was designed "dumbass"? (I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Chrysler). I was correct, deal with it.

I know a bit of history about the internal combustion engine.
You have already demonstrated otherwise.
You know when the hemispherical head was designed "dumbass"? (I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Chrysler). I was correct, deal with it.
The hemi head is not the internal combustion engine. This design was originally created by the Welch Motor Co., for use in a low horsepower (only 20hp) boat. Ford later used the design in a V8 engine. Chrysler didn't figure it out until 1951. Variations of this design, including the logical advancement in the use of interference engines, became more and more popular.

The advantage of the hemi-head design is better valve clearance for the compression used, allowing greater horsepower for a given displacement engine.

Not really.

You STILL do not recognize the energy used to power such a station, and you STILL do not recognize that you can't charge any battery that quickly without damaging it.

It is on cross country use, or on continuous use.

Right. Have you SEEN what it takes to build a road and keep it reasonably maintained? Have you SEEN the condition of many roads these days??

You don't get energy for free, dude.

Do you understand that technology and change have not expired? Everything indicates that EVs are the cars of the future and every atavistic complaint you have ignores the future. Technology on Evs has improved over and over. Every stupid thing you toss out, ignores that. The range gets longer. The charging gets faster. They are the vehicles of the future. They cut pollo\ution and improve overall health of the nation and the planet. They are easier to repair, with a fraction of the parts. How did you get so stubbornly and proudly stupid.
Cars of the future.https://www.cars.com/articles/here-are-the-new-electric-vehicles-planned-by-2025-439588/

Last edited:
You have already demonstrated otherwise.

The hemi head is not the internal combustion engine. This design was originally created by the Welch Motor Co., for use in a low horsepower (only 20hp) boat. Ford later used the design in a V8 engine. Chrysler didn't figure it out until 1951. Variations of this design, including the logical advancement in the use of interference engines, became more and more popular.

The advantage of the hemi-head design is better valve clearance for the compression used, allowing greater horsepower for a given displacement engine.

Google works well for you. I recall what I read years ago by reading your refresher.

I've had that discussion about HEMI heads in a automobile forum years ago.

Do you understand that technology and change have not expired?
Engineering is not science.
Everything indicates that EVs are the cars of the future
No, they are cars that exist today.
and every atavistic complaint you have ignores the future.
Not a bit of it. It takes time to charge an electric car. The lines at the very few fast current charging stations are not going to help that. Building more of them requires expanding the generating capacity and the distribution grid. That energy to do it has to come from somewhere, you can't create energy out of nothing. There is not enough lithium or cobalt to build that many cars. The batteries themselves are a fire hazard, requiring special extinguishing techniques to put it out. The batteries must be replaced from time to time at tremendous cost to repair the car.
Technology on Evs has improved over and over.
Not by much.
Every stupid thing you toss out, ignores that.
No, it doesn't. The lithium and cobalt market is real, it cannot be ignored. The manufacturing process to produce these batteries is real, it cannot be ignored. The electrical requirements to charge them is real, it cannot be ignored. The fire hazard of the batteries is real, it cannot be ignored.
The range gets longer.
It does for ICE cars too. Mostly by making them lighter. There is only so far you can go. For vehicles that have to do heavy or continuous work, they are not practical. Range is horrid.
The charging gets faster.
No. You can only charge a battery so fast. There's this thing called internal resistance, you see.
They are the vehicles of the future.
No. EVs exist right now. You can buy them right now.
They cut pollo\ution
Define 'pollution'. Buzzword fallacy.
and improve overall health of the nation and the planet.
Define 'overall health'. Buzzword fallacy.
They are easier to repair,
No, they are not. They have bodywork costs like any car. Replacing the batteries is so costly it basically totals the car.
with a fraction of the parts.
EVs do have fewer parts. Unfortunately, they are much more expensive.
How did you get so stubbornly and proudly stupid.
You are describing yourself. I am not totally against the EV. They make an okay commuter car, but little else. They do handle well in the snow, due to independent traction motors, but their batteries are susceptible to road damage and over decay in performance over a period of 5-10 years.
Cars of the future....deleted Holy Link you cut and pasted from...
You gotta stop believing sales brochures like this. They promise much more than the EV can give.

Do you understand that technology and change have not expired? Everything indicates that EVs are the cars of the future and every atavistic complaint you have ignores the future. Technology on Evs has improved over and over. Every stupid thing you toss out, ignores that. The range gets longer. The charging gets faster. They are the vehicles of the future. They cut pollo\ution and improve overall health of the nation and the planet. They are easier to repair, with a fraction of the parts. How did you get so stubbornly and proudly stupid.
Cars of the future.https://www.cars.com/articles/here-are-the-new-electric-vehicles-planned-by-2025-439588/

You are an idiot.

Do you understand that the only reason they are making any headway is government regulation and subsidies that push for them? If those disappeared, the EV market would collapse.

That was a deep argument for you.
No, you are. Is that how you debate
The best thing is solar panels on a garage and an electric car? Then gas prices are for the antediluvians.
If only auto companies were as advanced in knowledge as you rightys are,.https://www.ford.com/powertrains/battery-electric-vehicles/

I've already made the argument dumbass. Ford sold cars 15 years ago that didn't need to be plugged in. You could literally drive forever (under 45 mph) in those cars. The utopia you're looking for was here and gone because for some reason your dumbass wants to plug cars into the energy grid. What the fuck is wrong with you?

I've already made the argument dumbass. Ford sold cars 15 years ago that didn't need to be plugged in. You could literally drive forever (under 45 mph) in those cars. The utopia you're looking for was here and gone because for some reason your dumbass wants to plug cars into the energy grid. What the fuck is wrong with you?

TDS.

Back