Reality check on electric cars

Let's assume a farm has bought a 1000 gallons, and then supplies slow down. They still need that 1000 gallons to produce food to be sold to pay their bills. Why would they give you any of that fuel?

I could understand them selling you some untaxed diesel on the side now. They can buy plenty more, and they pay less because it is untaxed. Then they sell it to you for more than they pay, but less than the taxed diesel. As long as no one checks your tank and finds red diesel, you are fine.

But if supplies are low, and they are desperate, why would they GIVE you anything?

Wally, sometimes you think too much.

Let's assume a farm has bought a 1000 gallons, and then supplies slow down. They still need that 1000 gallons to produce food to be sold to pay their bills. Why would they give you any of that fuel?
What bills???!? I don't think you paid any attention to the scenario being discussed here!

Heh. Farms around you probably have horses as well. :D

A farm that is buying diesel a thousand gallons at a time is a serious operation, and is not going to play around with horses. Maybe someone at the farm would own a horse, but the farm itself not so much. I doubt the farmers daughter will give her horse to Lionfish.

AN exemption card allows you to buy red diesel for non-road use. There is no card that allows you to use red diesel on the road.

yes there is, when there is shortages of road fuel in the rural areas, farm diesel is sold directly at the convenience and fuel stations, it has been going on here now for months off and on. It happened back in the early 2000s as well. You are so uniformed

What bills???!? I don't think you paid any attention to the scenario being discussed here!

Modern farming allows for a huge amount of production with very low amounts of labor. The problem is that requires a huge amount of inputs, like diesel, fertilizer, and pesticide. If diesel is in short supply, it will be more dear to them, not less.

yes there is, when there is shortages of road fuel in the rural areas, farm diesel is sold directly at the convenience and fuel stations, it has been going on here now for months off and on. It happened back in the early 2000s as well. You are so uniformed

Red diesel is usually not delivered as red diesel. Basically, for what you say to be true, they would have to deliver it to a farm (or other non-road use), add the red powder to the farm storage tank, and then pump it out of the tank into a gas station tank. Why not just pump it into the gas station tank, and not add the red powder?

Your going to have to show me some evidence that this is happening legally.

Modern farming allows for a huge amount of production with very low amounts of labor. The problem is that requires a huge amount of inputs, like diesel, fertilizer, and pesticide. If diesel is in short supply, it will be more dear to them, not less.

Okay. It's obvious you have no idea of the context here. Pay attention.

Red diesel is usually not delivered as red diesel. Basically, for what you say to be true, they would have to deliver it to a farm (or other non-road use), add the red powder to the farm storage tank, and then pump it out of the tank into a gas station tank. Why not just pump it into the gas station tank, and not add the red powder?

Your going to have to show me some evidence that this is happening legally.
I worked at a distributor when I was a kid and we delivered farm and normal diesel on compartment trailers. I had an exemption card in 03 and 06 for shortages when I had ford diesels, no longer own a diesel but it still happens I am sure as we have experienced diesel shortages. This is pretty common in Midwest rural areas. nearly all our fuel comes to the distributors from the river system meaning when locks are closed due to flooding or ice we run short on fuel

Okay. It's obvious you have no idea of the context here. Pay attention.

If diesel is in short supply, a farm that has it, but desperately needs it, will not give it to a random person who wants it.

Beyond that, farms are like factories, they take inputs, and produce outputs. Those inputs cost them money, so they need to make money. They are not going to give away their inputs, or their outputs, because they need to stay in business. If the Dollar collapses, they will find a new currency to work with.

If diesel is in short supply, a farm that has it, but desperately needs it, will not give it to a random person who wants it.

Beyond that, farms are like factories, they take inputs, and produce outputs. Those inputs cost them money, so they need to make money. They are not going to give away their inputs, or their outputs, because they need to stay in business. If the Dollar collapses, they will find a new currency to work with.

You are still unaware of context.

You are still unaware of context.

As everyone gets more desperate, they get less likely to give Lionfish anything. If you do not understand that, you do not understand anything about the world.

By the way, if our society collapses, the government checks stop for you too.

Salty thinks he is Uncle Remus!

Back