Reality check on electric cars

I think what's amazing is the fact that one party can do the work of the oil industry.
Not a fact. Learn what 'fact' means. The oil industry is not a political party. It is a market.
Bootlickers is the word.
No, Bigotry is the word.
How controlled does a whole party have to be to share a lie as a fact.
The basis for the whole party is a endless list of lies. They are controlled by the insane, heartless,
You are describing Democrats.
fake Christian bigots
Many Democrats are not Christian, and indeed quite a few belong to the Church of No God. Those that ARE Christian are fake Christian bigots. They claim Christianity but deny the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Who use lies to get their way because they know how stupid their followers are, they can make them believe the most stupid facts.
Again, you are describing Democrats.

It isn't if you keep tripping the breaker or, it takes 12 hours to get a sufficient charge. A trip to the store for a container and gas might take all of 30 minutes at most...

But if you are in the Middle-of-Nowhere--

An easy call on your cell phone to get someone to drive a gas can out to you...and of course, no electrical outlets.

Batteries could be charged with whatever,
I'd like to see you charge one by spitting on it!
and grid power is rarely gasoline.
Nobody said it was.
If we have a hydrogen economy, I would expect most generators, or a fuel cells, to be powered with hydrogen.
Another random statement. EV's are being discussed, not hydrogen cars. Hydrogen cars have already been discussed, along with all their associated problems. Hydrogen is not available on the side of the highway in the middle of nowhere if you run out of fuel.
More importantly, why would I specifically want an inverter generator? I would need to convert that to DC to charge the battery, which while doable makes no sense if there is already DC available.
DC is not available.
For instance, if we had an hydrogen economy, I would prefer to use a fuel cell.
Hydrogen cars are not EV's. They use hydrogen for fuel, along with all their associated problems. You can't carry a can of hydrogen with you if you run out of fuel to get to the next refueling station.
SOS buttons do not require gasoline. Gasoline is a very good way to transport energy, but nowhere near the only way.
It's the most convenient way.
I am willing to bet that 99.9% of people reading this are closer to an electrical outlet than a gasoline station.
Not available on the side of the road, and you don't have the heavy extension cord required to use it even if there was one. You might not even have permission to use it. Even at that, it will take hours just to charge enough to get to a recharging station.
Prius is a hybrid, meaning that if you run out of fuel, you need a gallon of gasoline to get you to the next gas station.
A Prius is a gasoline powered car.
The US Government invests some in just about everything, and anything, so you are completely wrong. This Administration wants to invest more in just about everything, so you are doubly wrong.
Not much call for investment in steam powered trains (choo choo trains).
The concept of electric trains did first come up in the 1800's, but so did gasoline engines. Jet engines were first described 2,000 years ago.
It is important to be on as many tracks as possible, which does necessitate us being on some wrong tracks.
So my primary problem with your statement is that it is not plural.
I want us to be on wrong TRACKS not just one wrong track.

There is no comparable movement to the alt right on the left. There is a far left, who calls for abandonment of the mainstream left. There is a moderate left, who calls for more moderation. But no one is calling for the left to be replaced from within.
Word games aren't going to help you.

So a driver that is a block from his house, and the charging station there, would need 12 hours to get a sufficient charge to go that block? Really?
In the real world, you just refuel a car enough to get to fuel. You do not put 10 to 20 gallons of fuel in a car that has run out of gasoline, nor do you spend 12 hours refueling an electric car that only needs to go a block.
Contextomy fallacy. Don't try to shift context again.
It is hard to imagine a place where you are not closer to electricity than to a gasoline station.
I can immediately think of many thousands of miles of roadway where gasoline is more available than an electrical outlet that someone is willing to let you use, and you still need a heavy extension cord. Easier to get a can of gas.
Picture a society where every parking space has an electric charger, and we have only 1% of the current gasoline stations.
How much refueling do you need to get to the next parking space? How much gasoline do you need to get to the next gasoline station if 99 out of 100 are gone?
Contrivance is not going to work as an argument.
Are maybe not. We should invest in everything, so we can come up with the best technology.
There is no 'best' technology.

I just noticed this. How the heck do you pay so much? You are basing all your further calculations on this, but it is not reality.

In the USA, we pay between 10 and 20 cents, so basically one tenth as much. A few states pay less than 10 cents, and Hawaii pays the most, 32.76¢... which is still a quarter of what you claim.

You claim to live in a neighborhood that will blow a circuit if two people make toast at once, and pay several times a reasonable rate. I call bull.

https://www.electricchoice.com/electricity-prices-by-state/

EV's require more than a toaster does!

Correct, but right now we are being rapidly pushed in this direction. Right now evry time you recharge a Tesla, all the information stored in that vehicle, mileage, speed, destinations, etc. is all downloaded into a Tesla database. I assume all the EVC manufacturers will have the same and with the ability to randomly shut off power both to change and operate the vehicle, you are quickly at their mercy.

Give me a '50s Chevy or Ford pickup, and a dozen or so sets of points and plugs, some oil filters, and I am good to go for a long time when the SHTF.

Heh. I'll go for a newer pickup, that uses no points or spark plugs. It's a diesel.
The SHTF already. That's why there is so much anger out there against the Democrats.

They throw the shit into the fan, then make you buy shitty fans.

Last edited:
Heh. I'll go for a newer pickup, that uses no points or spark plugs. It's a diesel.
The SHTF already. That's why there is so much anger out there against the Democrats.

They throw the shit into the fan, then make you buy shitty fans.

I would prefer nothing with a chip.

You prefer tubes in your truck radio, eh? :D

Why do you dislike FADEC engines? Because you don't understand them? They are actually easier to maintain.

Love gas and diesel engines. One of my son's vehicles is a diesel powered Range Rover. Lots of torque and great mileage, but it has electronics that can be taken out with an EMP. Thus my preference is for owning one vehicle that can stand alone.

By the way, Tesla just upped their self-driving option from $12,000 to $15,000 and their upper end vehicles are now selling at over $100,000 a crack.

Love gas and diesel engines. One of my son's vehicles is a diesel powered Range Rover. Lots of torque and great mileage, but it has electronics that can be taken out with an EMP. Thus my preference is for owning one vehicle that can stand alone.

Since the fuel you are using is also made by using chips, you do not stand alone.

Consumer research firm J.D. Power released its second annual United States Electric Vehicle Experience Public Charging Study last week, showing that 20% of EV owners reported “operability and maintenance a key issue” at public charging stations.

"The study finds that one out of every five respondents ended up not charging their vehicle during their visit," J.D. Power reported. "Of those who didn’t charge, 72% indicated that it was due to the station malfunctioning or being out of service."
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...msn&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=msn_feed

Public charging stations are a favorite target of copper thieves. It takes just seconds to cut the charge cable off one of these stations and the copper is worth as much as $50 to $100 per cable right now. As more stations appear, their relatively unguarded and stand-alone locations make them perfect targets for thieves.

Farms around me buy fuel 1000 gal at a time. Plenty available if one has to have a backup.

Let's assume a farm has bought a 1000 gallons, and then supplies slow down. They still need that 1000 gallons to produce food to be sold to pay their bills. Why would they give you any of that fuel?

I could understand them selling you some untaxed diesel on the side now. They can buy plenty more, and they pay less because it is untaxed. Then they sell it to you for more than they pay, but less than the taxed diesel. As long as no one checks your tank and finds red diesel, you are fine.

But if supplies are low, and they are desperate, why would they GIVE you anything?

Auction-Block-Restored-1966-Ford-Bronco-4x4-02.jpg

:)

Let's assume a farm has bought a 1000 gallons, and then supplies slow down. They still need that 1000 gallons to produce food to be sold to pay their bills. Why would they give you any of that fuel?

I could understand them selling you some untaxed diesel on the side now. They can buy plenty more, and they pay less because it is untaxed. Then they sell it to you for more than they pay, but less than the taxed diesel. As long as no one checks your tank and finds red diesel, you are fine.

But if supplies are low, and they are desperate, why would they GIVE you anything?

Red diesel means nothing with an exemption card and those cards are easy to get with the Biden created shortages

Back