Reality check on electric cars

Shit! That is flat out beautiful. More info on that please.

It was built in 2002 by Unique Motorcars out of Gadsden AL. I blew up the 390 +.060 and had a period correct 427 side oiler professionally built (over 500 HP) and it is currently being installed. Although everything is in pristine condition, I am going over every nut and bolt, changing out all fluids and having the paint buffed and ceramic coated. I have over 2 dozen trophies from car shows, taking "Best of Show" numerous times. The new engine was custom built to my specs, run on pump gas (Hi-test) with a .660 lift cam. 500+ HP in a one-ton car should make it just short of a rocket ship!

It was built in 2002 by Unique Motorcars out of Gadsden AL. I blew up the 390 +.060 and had a period correct 427 side oiler professionally built (over 500 HP) and it is currently being installed. Although everything is in pristine condition, I am going over every nut and bolt, changing out all fluids and having the paint buffed and ceramic coated. I have over 2 dozen trophies from car shows, taking "Best of Show" numerous times. The new engine was custom built to my specs, run on pump gas (Hi-test) with a .660 lift cam. 500+ HP in a one-ton car should make it just short of a rocket ship!

Another keyboard ruines with drool. Good on you.

Another keyboard ruines with drool. Good on you.

It was one of those "dream cars" of mine since I first saw a "real" one when I was a kid (can't afford a "real' one and a '70 BOSS 429 Mustang is also out of my price range :eek:).
Yeah, it's a replica, but built with rack-and pinion steering, a Toploader 4-speed and a Jaguar rear end with a fully independent rear suspension. It's solid as a rock, drives like it's on rails with a top speed figured at over 160 MPH.
It is by far the most uncomfortable and loudest car I've ever owned, but without question, the most fun. It always draws a crowd, I've even had cars pull up along side in the passing lanes to take pictures, then there's the "thumbs up" all the time. Of all the replicas (and most are built in S. Africa), Unique is 100% American made (except for the rear end) and is one of the most period correct bodies. I spent 2 years researching these cars before I finally "pulled the trigger" and bought this (fiberglass) one. The aluminum bodied cars run $150,000 and up, hitting a bumblebee at 50 mph will dent them, so they were out of the question (and price range).

Yep, they can keep their electric cars. There is nothing like the ground pounding sound of a big block internal combustion engine with a hefty cam. Long live the Classics. They never grow old...

As everyone gets more desperate, they get less likely to give Lionfish anything. If you do not understand that, you do not understand anything about the world.

By the way, if our society collapses, the government checks stop for you too.

Society is already collapsing. You don't understand what it takes to run a farm, and you are assuming a different context than the scenario being discussed.

Society is already collapsing. You don't understand what it takes to run a farm, and you are assuming a different context than the scenario being discussed.

What it requires to run a farm is income to pay the bills. Giving stuff away is not good for running a farm.

You never said what field you are in that many Ivy Leaguer are applying for jobs, but you are hiring high school dropouts instead.

What it requires to run a farm is income to pay the bills. Giving stuff away is not good for running a farm.

You never said what field you are in that many Ivy Leaguer are applying for jobs, but you are hiring high school dropouts instead.

What bills????!? You STILL do not understand the context here.
False dichotomy fallacy. RQAA.

What bills????!?

Farms do not just happen. They require large amounts of inputs to produce large amounts of outputs. Even if farmers were willing to produce far less, it would still require huge amounts of land, so they would lose money on that.

There is a reason farmers are always going out of business. It is a tough business.

Again, what field do you claim to be in that many Ivy Leaguers apply to work for you, but you are hiring high school dropouts instead?

1661438823322-png.1068580

What keeps striking me is that even in a scenario where society collapses, the alt right is still demanding free stuff. They assume farmers will just hand them free stuff.

Farming takes a large amount of inputs. We employ less than 2% of the workforce in farming because we use hydrocarbons and other chemicals as those inputs. The other alternative is a huge amount of labor(people). In neither situation will the farmers give you their fuel and food for free.

Farms do not just happen. They require large amounts of inputs to produce large amounts of outputs. Even if farmers were willing to produce far less, it would still require huge amounts of land, so they would lose money on that.
There is a reason farmers are always going out of business. It is a tough business.

Again, what field do you claim to be in that many Ivy Leaguers apply to work for you, but you are hiring high school dropouts instead?

You are still ignoring context.

What keeps striking me is that even in a scenario where society collapses, the alt right is still demanding free stuff.
There is no such thing as the 'alt right'. Buzzword fallacy.
Conservatives are not demanding anything free. Democrats do that.
They assume farmers will just hand them free stuff.
You are describing Democrats.
Farming takes a large amount of inputs. We employ less than 2% of the workforce in farming because we use hydrocarbons and other chemicals as those inputs. The other alternative is a huge amount of labor(people). In neither situation will the farmers give you their fuel and food for free.
Democrats don't care. They just take the farm away from the farmer.

Back