Reality check on electric cars

I have had the same battery on my Prius for 15 years now. But I do not seen an oil change for $25 in a while. I would never go to Jiffylube, but they are about the cheapest around. Their regular price for conventional oil is $49.99, but you probably want to get full synthetic at $109.99.

Actually, I am wrong about the battery. I have had to change the regular battery in the Prius, as does anyone with an ICE car. Yes, that costs a bit too.

The fact is that EV engines are just simpler, and can be made to be cheaper to repair.

A Prius is not an EV.

No one is talking about a horse or buggy except you.

mPwi3ly.jpg

Keep trying! Keep looking for any loophole. I'm going to drive all over town today and NOT PAY A CENT.
But you do.
OOPSY, wrong again! Not only did you get the wrong make and model of my car but you don't know I've been driving for about 45 years now with exactly one traffic ticket about 40 years ago. My insurance rate is probably well below yours.
So it's not a Tesla. What kind of car is it?
I don't even have to pay that. But you keep looking for loopholes.
What 'loophole'?

Stanford engineers warn that electric car charging could crash a grid powered by renewable energy

A looming problem
"Most EV owners currently charge their vehicles at night when they aren’t in use, taking advantage of cheaper, off-peak electricity rates when demand is low and fossil fuel (mostly natural gas) or nuclear power plants are providing much of the electricity. But by 2035, with hotter nighttime temperatures requiring more air conditioning, a low-carbon grid powered predominantly by wind and solar, and tens of millions of EVs on the road, charging those vehicles at night — when the sun isn’t shining — could overburden the power grid."

And yet another reason to ditch getting a Tesla.

Tesla car tires are EXPENSIVE! They cost 50 to 100% more than conventional car tires.

https://themotordigest.com/how-much-do-tesla-tires-cost/

If you get a flat, good luck getting on the road right away. Tesla's don't come with a spare or tools to change a tire. Instead, you get roadside service that'll set you back about $300 when it finally shows up (assuming you aren't paying for roadside assistance which ends up at least as expensive).

So, don't get a flat while driving your POS Tesla (worst quality of any American made car) out on some rural interstate highway because you could find yourself sitting for hours waiting for help to come...

Back