Reality check on electric cars

We will run out of diesel in 3 weeks.

You are so stupid. We will not run out of diesel in 3 weeks. Not even close.

2 weeks after that people will be taking a baseball bat and smash your car to bits, along with John Kerry's head.

No one is going to hit Perry with a bat. Why would they? And why would anyone attack Kerry, who retired 5 years ago?

What a dumb time card punching ass wipe you are. Slave away stupid

On November 10th, we will either be out of diesel, and you will be proven right, or we will all continue laughing at you.

We will run out of diesel in 3 weeks. 2 weeks after that people will be taking a baseball bat and smash your car to bits, along with John Kerry's head.

What a dumb time card punching ass wipe you are. Slave away stupid

ROFLMAO. Did they shut down all the refineries for the next month? We have a 3 month supply IF they shut down all the refineries. I haven't seen anything about all the refineries being forcibly closed.

I always find it amazing how completely incapable of complex thought people like you are. It's like you never got past the third grade.

I'm talking about your green nonsense. People are becoming unhappy.

Running out of diesel fuel...no problem to you

You are too funny.
In Oct of 2019, the US had 4 weeks of diesel stockpiles. I don't recall the US running out of diesel in November of 2019. Can you link to where that happened? Can you link to where you were convinced Trump was going to run us out of diesel?

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=WDISTUS1&f=W
We are 25% lower in diesel stocks than typical at this time of year. The likelihood of running out of diesel is about .1% with that .1% being a nuclear strike by Russia.

1667080830828-png.1115916

This is rough but it pretty much puts a big dent in the arguments that EV's save you money over ICE vehicles.

The battery has an expected life of about 8 years. That's the warranty period. Replacement costs for a Tesla battery right now are about $25,000 parts and labor. That equates to about 6250 gallons of gasoline at $4 a gallon, or about 780 gallons per year for about 20,000 miles of driving at 25 mpg.

The point here is, that the battery is so damned expensive, not to mention the car being more to purchase, that those costs negate any real savings over an ICE vehicle. Sure, if you think you are saving the planet or some nonsense, or are virtue signaling, it's probably fine to waste your money on one of these vehicles. Otherwise, if you don't give a shit about that stuff, it's still cheaper to own and operate an ICE vehicle.

Well, all I can say is I pay less to drive to and from my job than many and I've only paid 2 electric bills in 6 years. If that's "nonsense" then I'm quite happy with it.

Indeed. There's a lot I don't have to worry about because of this "nonsense". Enjoy worrying.
Only been living on your own for 2 months, eh?

You are too funny.
In Oct of 2019, the US had 4 weeks of diesel stockpiles. I don't recall the US running out of diesel in November of 2019. Can you link to where that happened? Can you link to where you were convinced Trump was going to run us out of diesel?

We are 25% lower in diesel stocks than typical at this time of year. The likelihood of running out of diesel is about .1% with that .1% being a nuclear strike by Russia.

Figure it out, dude. There are not enough refineries to make the diesel fuel in sufficient quantities to supply the market. The result is 'running out of diesel', probably within months, which is to say very high prices. The other result is even MORE trucks not available to ship anything. More general shortages. Trucks cannot continue to operate at a loss.

Making up numbers and using them as 'data' is not going to help you. Argument from randU fallacy.

This is rough but it pretty much puts a big dent in the arguments that EV's save you money over ICE vehicles.

The battery has an expected life of about 8 years. That's the warranty period. Replacement costs for a Tesla battery right now are about $25,000 parts and labor. That equates to about 6250 gallons of gasoline at $4 a gallon, or about 780 gallons per year for about 20,000 miles of driving at 25 mpg.

The point here is, that the battery is so damned expensive, not to mention the car being more to purchase, that those costs negate any real savings over an ICE vehicle. Sure, if you think you are saving the planet or some nonsense, or are virtue signaling, it's probably fine to waste your money on one of these vehicles. Otherwise, if you don't give a shit about that stuff, it's still cheaper to own and operate an ICE vehicle.

That's in ADDITION to the cost of the car in the first place, which is much more expensive than a comparable gasoline car.
...and the gasoline car can tow a trailer too. The Tesla can't.

Figure it out, dude. There are not enough refineries to make the diesel fuel in sufficient quantities to supply the market. The result is 'running out of diesel', probably within months, which is to say very high prices. The other result is even MORE trucks not available to ship anything. More general shortages. Trucks cannot continue to operate at a loss.

Making up numbers and using them as 'data' is not going to help you. Argument from randU fallacy.

How do you know we are going tor run out of diesel fuel? Did you make up numbers? Or did you rely on the same source I am using?

Oh.. that's right. You are an idiot that tries to pretend they are smarter than they are.
Argument from randU fallacy.
Fallacy fallacy. The fallacy fallacy occurs when a poster (almost always Into the Night) claims somthing is a fallacy without explaining why it is a fallacy. Into the Night does this to try to appear smarter than he actually is hoping it will delude the less informed. In this case Into the Night is claiming the numbers from the EIA are made up and then he uses the numbers from EIA to argue that we are running out of diesel fuel.

EIA numbers can be found here:

That's in ADDITION to the cost of the car in the first place, which is much more expensive than a comparable gasoline car.
...and the gasoline car can tow a trailer too. The Tesla can't.

https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/modelx/en_us/GUID-7A684E2F-D43E-4A0E-AD21-811B04CE53BB.html

Towing Capacity

The total trailer weight (including all cargo and additional equipment), and the trailer tongue weight, must never exceed the following:
Wheel/Rim Size Maximum Towing Capacity* Maximum Tongue Weight**
275/45R20 110 V / Y

SAE Class III – 5000 lb (2300 kg)
SAE Class III – 500 lb (230 kg)

How do you know we are going tor run out of diesel fuel?
We won't. It will just get real expensive.
Did you make up numbers? Or did you rely on the same source I am using?
Straw man fallacies. Void question.
Oh.. that's right. You are an idiot that tries to pretend they are smarter than they are.

Fallacy fallacy. The fallacy fallacy occurs when a poster (almost always Into the Night) claims somthing is a fallacy without explaining why it is a fallacy. Into the Night does this to try to appear smarter than he actually is hoping it will delude the less informed. In this case Into the Night is claiming the numbers from the EIA are made up and then he uses the numbers from EIA to argue that we are running out of diesel fuel.
Insult fallacy. Denial of logic. Redefinition fallacy. Word stuffing.
Irrelevance fallacy. Future is not the past.

https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/modelx/en_us/GUID-7A684E2F-D43E-4A0E-AD21-811B04CE53BB.html

Towing Capacity

The total trailer weight (including all cargo and additional equipment), and the trailer tongue weight, must never exceed the following:
Wheel/Rim Size Maximum Towing Capacity* Maximum Tongue Weight**
275/45R20 110 V / Y

SAE Class III – 5000 lb (2300 kg)
SAE Class III – 500 lb (230 kg)

Only the Model X and for only $65000, and a range of 100 miles when towing this kind of load.
Oh...did I mention that you have to unhook your trailer in order to charge the car?

No. This isn't practical. Teslas can't tow.

Back