Redo my Kitchen... (any hints?)

I spent all my home improvement money on this:
IMG_0430.jpg

Smart as well.

Smart as well.

Not really. But it's the best machine of its class ever made, and they no longer make them. Doubt there will ever be another chance to get one, so I jumped on it. I'm building up my liquid assets.

Go with concrete countertops, you can make them yourself, and they are way better looking than granite!
The polished finish is best!

Go with concrete countertops, you can make them yourself, and they are way better looking than granite!
The polished finish is best!

It sounds hideous, like something you'd see at a 1970s public swimming pool.

So.. I'm going to be totally refurbishing and upgrading my kitchen from top to bottom.

Basically this is my list currently:

(What we've done already: Purchased the new appliances, got gas line installed for new oven/range.)

1. Strip out cabinets and appliances.
2. Strip out the linoleum.
3. Paint the walls
4. Add new lighting.
5. Flooring (tiles)
6. Drop electricity down for new oven (takes 110 rather than 220 as it is gas)
7. add venting for new oven/range (may not have to)
8. Cabinets
9. add in the appliances, measure for new granite
10. pull back out the appliances
11. add granite
12. backsplash
13. install appliances (first time was just for measurements, not installed)

Then we're done.

Get one of these, I want to try selling them over here.

http://www.pfwaterworks.net/product-how-it-work.html

They are actually quite beautiful. I watch a lot home improvement shows and they are using them in a lot of high end homes.http://www.google.com/search?q=ceme...a=X&ei=viDzULfmGqGyigLQvoHACA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ

I was watching a few videos. It appears as if I could do something like that with a little practice first. Although I can do all of the other stuff without practice. It looked interesting. Some of the effects are supercool. One I wonder if they used petrified wood and then finished the counter with the concrete...

I'm likely going to just have them measure, cut, and deliver the granite and install it myself (with help from a couple friends).

This.

The oven is also a convection oven, along with the microwave (also a convection oven) giving me far more ability to cook at the elite level my ability permits.

Grew up with gas stove at primary residence, electric in summer house. Gas is much better for both control and on pans. Electric though is faster, meaning so much easier to lose control of temp.

I was watching a few videos. It appears as if I could do something like that with a little practice first. Although I can do all of the other stuff without practice. It looked interesting. Some of the effects are supercool. One I wonder if they used petrified wood and then finished the counter with the concrete...

I'm likely going to just have them measure, cut, and deliver the granite and install it myself (with help from a couple friends).

You will have to post pictures when you are done. I refinished my kitchen cabinets, rather than replace them. It was a lot of work, but worth it. We have replaced the dishwasher and the stove, next is the refrigerators and floor! I can't make up my mind on flooring. The counter tops will be last.

Refurbs are fun!!
Many home projects give great satisfaction.

Last year I made a console cabinet out of old wooden wine crates and a few bits and bobs of lumber I picked up around the place.
The wife put in some suggestions, but we stayed married!
Neither of us were arrested during the project no one called the police or anything!

Back