Retard of the Month

So insurance companies should profit on illness?

Better alive as the result of a wealthy doctor than dead because you get the same shitty car everyone else gets in a government system. Profit, how evil, yet it's the best system. Makes you want to puke, doesn't it?

So what's the limit? If you permit what the market will bear the market will charge the sick and injured all that they have as they have not much in the way of choice....unless choosing death is a considered a reasonable choice.

I'll challenge you here. Name one other industrialized nation, besides the U.S. that permits health care insurance companies to operate as "for profit" businesses? Name one other industrialized nation that hasn't implemented health care cost controls?

Have you been paying attention lately where hedge fund managers in the U.S. are buying old drug patents for low cost live saving drugs and then marking them up by a thousand percent or more? It's not like they are trying to recoup R&D costs. They are essentially charging the highest possible price to achieve the highest possible returns because the people who need those live saving drugs have no choice but to pay that price as these bastards hold a monopoly on those drugs. How is this "free market"? How is this in the least possible way either ethical or moral?

These cost controls are needed because without them they drive up health care costs to ridiculous levels and people, who would like to live, have no choice but to pay them. That isn't "free market". This is monopoly capitalism.

Good thing we have politicians to decide things like what the "limit" is on what someone should make.

You fundamentally don't understand the competition part of free markets. It's sad that econ101 isn't a high school basic course. The government has failed you in your education. We need a better system, you know, competition. You can look up what that means

insurance companies are not a charity. They are a business who make their money assessing risk. Making insurance companies take on sickly dying people accomplishes nothing for them. Why should a business be forced to not make money? What other businesses would this be tolerated for? Would a grocery store tolerate the government mandating they spend more money on purchasing wholesale items? No. No one in america would think that would make any logical sense or be in any way right. But for some reason it's ok to force an insurance company to take on net negatives?

It just goes to show that most people in this country don't give a fuck about the rights of others. Liberals often call conservatives and libertarians selfish, but there truly is nothing more selfish than reaching into someone elses wallet and telling them that their hard earned money is now yours.

Amen bro

insurance companies are not a charity. They are a business who make their money assessing risk. Making insurance companies take on sickly dying people accomplishes nothing for them. Why should a business be forced to not make money? What other businesses would this be tolerated for? Would a grocery store tolerate the government mandating they spend more money on purchasing wholesale items? No. No one in america would think that would make any logical sense or be in any way right. But for some reason it's ok to force an insurance company to take on net negatives?

It just goes to show that most people in this country don't give a fuck about the rights of others. Liberals often call conservatives and libertarians selfish, but there truly is nothing more selfish than reaching into someone elses wallet and telling them that their hard earned money is now yours.

Why should society allow greedy insurance companies to go around dropping sick people and letting them die when it's in no one's interest but the insurance company? That sounds like a stupid, suicidal society to me.

people like getting the care that keeps them alive.

You don't like it when people can Get the Care that Keeps them Alive?

why ?

because your a fucking sociopath.

we don't let sociopaths run things

Thinking about the rights of others is the entire point Mr. One Track Mind.
Why should 30% of my healthcare dollars be siphoned off by some for profit health insurrance company?
Companies which can fold up and cease to exist as far as I am concerned.

Good thing we have politicians to decide things like what the "limit" is on what someone should make.

You fundamentally don't understand the competition part of free markets. It's sad that econ101 isn't a high school basic course. The government has failed you in your education. We need a better system, you know, competition. You can look up what that means

You don't seriously think health insurance in the US is a free market. Yet you say it...
Clearly you are a fucking idiot.
Nothing could be further from a free market than health insurance you fuvking cheesey moron.

Non-sequitur. Care to address the actual point I made?

You made a point?
What was it?
I will address it right after you illustrate how my post is a non sequitur.
See, there is an issue here.
You keep mentioning the free market.
I keep telling you there is no free market.
I see that this fucks up your talking points
but that doesn't make a non sequitur.
It just makes you stupid.

So.....if you clarify your point (because it sure as fuck isn't obvious to me)
and explain how my post is indeed a non sequitur (good luck) I will be glad to reply to your point.

they dont really understand the shit they are taught to spew.

We have been too polite to them about it for years now.

time to shame them properly for being fucking traitorous lying shits

So what's the limit? If you permit what the market will bear the market will charge the sick and injured all that they have as they have not much in the way of choice....unless choosing death is a considered a reasonable choice.

a few months ago my wife had cataract surgery......they do one eye separately from the other a few weeks apart.....we arrived at 7:30, done by around 9:00......the fee that day was roughly $6000. $2k for the facility, $2k for the doctor and $2k for the anesthesiologist......I sat in the doctor's office waiting room while the surgery was done........in that time a new patient arrived every fifteen minutes.......I asked at the desk and the nurse said there were sixteen scheduled that morning......

on that Monday the doctor made $32k.......the anesthesiologist made $32k.......the clinic made $32k........is there a limit?......

Thinking about the rights of others is the entire point Mr. One Track Mind.
Why should 30% of my healthcare dollars be siphoned off by some for profit health insurrance company?
Companies which can fold up and cease to exist as far as I am concerned.

the profits of insurance companies is regulated by law.....for example in Michigan (pre-obamacare) 93% of premiums had to be paid out in claims......administrative expenses were to be paid out of the 7% remainder and if there was anything left over it was profit.......

Back