Say something good about a poster who has the opposite political view

Thing1, capable of dialogue without resorting to personal attacks. Lately he's been a bit angry with some but ... with some of them, who can blame him.

Mott, one of my favorites. I enjoy the [often self-deprecating] humor and the food talk.

Rana, I know I ruffle her feathers from time to time but she is awesome...plus she's a Chiefs fan.

Christiefan, though we have strongly disagreed on various issues I do enjoy our exchanges as they are usually cordial even if pointed.

Jarod, I know I get aggravated sometimes with his asking leading questions ... over and over in different ways... I remind myself that he is a lawyer, after all. And he does seem like a decent fellow.

There are other lefty folks that I like ok. There are probably more "conservatives" whose posts I gloss over or outright ignore because of the language and vulgarity often in them, though I must say we have had an influx of those on the left who are their mirror image.

The above are people who I respect.

Thing1, capable of dialogue without resorting to personal attacks. Lately he's been a bit angry with some but ... with some of them, who can blame him.

Mott, one of my favorites. I enjoy the [often self-deprecating] humor and the food talk.

Rana, I know I ruffle her feathers from time to time but she is awesome...plus she's a Chiefs fan.

Christiefan, though we have strongly disagreed on various issues I do enjoy our exchanges as they are usually cordial even if pointed.

Jarod, I know I get aggravated sometimes with his asking leading questions ... over and over in different ways... I remind myself that he is a lawyer, after all. And he does seem like a decent fellow.

There are other lefty folks that I like ok. There are probably more "conservatives" whose posts I gloss over or outright ignore because of the language and vulgarity often in them, though I must say we have had an influx of those on the left who are their mirror image.

You're pretty much wrong on all of them. IGGY!!!!!!!

Jayrod

Here's a guy who thinks that everything good is purely a function of modern liberalism, and the corollary, of course, is that all evils originate from and are nourished by modern conservatism. Prior to marriage he's had sex with multiple people including men. To sum him up in one phrase: 'all perversions must be good'.

The good thing about Jayrod, or Gayrod, is that I don't think he really hates conservatives, just conservatism. He's like my buddy Ken, who's a great guy to have a beer with because his off-the wall philosophy cracks me up.

USFREEDOM911 doesn't sweat much for a fat girl...

What about me? I respect you even though we don't always agree.

Sent from my Lenovo K52e78 using Tapatalk

Yes there is a naivete to her that is kinda refreshing but that wholesome image she portrays just seems too 1950s to me. She reminds me of Ellie May Clampett!

Can she do this stuff?

state4run.jpg

ropingh7.jpg

barrelpct3.jpg

:)

All i'll say is please don't confuse kindness for weakness

Can she do this stuff?

View attachment 3677

View attachment 3678

View attachment 3679

Never said you were weak but you are a tad naive, but that will change soon enough when you leave the family ranch and go to uni. I have a lot of time for you, I just don't have so much for religious zealotry. Obviously you never seen the Beverley Hillbillies either but that's understandable!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/11355456/Donna-Douglas-actress-obituary.html

Never said you were weak but you are a tad naive, but that will change soon enough when you leave the family ranch and go to uni. I have a lot of time for you, I just don't have so much for religious zealotry. Obviously you never seen the Beverley Hillbillies either but that's understandable!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/11355456/Donna-Douglas-actress-obituary.html

I'm in college actually and no I've never seen that.

What about me? I respect you even though we don't always agree.

I did think about you...but decided to stick with those on this side of the pond. Besides, I find us agreeing a lot more than disagreeing during the last three years.

Yes there is a naivete to her that is kinda refreshing but that wholesome image she portrays just seems too 1950s to me. She reminds me of Ellie May Clampett!

Wholesomeness is attractive. Wholesomeness trumps looks. Wholesomeness is rare among young people in the US. I have a lot of respect for young people like Norah who strive to maintain their wholesomeness through all their life. I pray for them as I realize the difficulty of doing so through young adulthood. Norah and have very similar religious backgrounds. We are used to rural living. I counsel young adults all the time who face the struggles of remaining wholesome in a society and entertainment world which promotes anything but. My wife grew up much like Norah. My wife is nothing like Ellie Mae. Well, they have similar looks but my wife's a brunette. :)

Last edited:
Can she do this stuff?

View attachment 3677

View attachment 3678

View attachment 3679

Gosh you're making me feel old. You don't know who Ellie May Clampett is but she was a buxom blond beautiful country girl with a sweet disposition, could whoop her 6'5" 250# brain surgeon cousin Jethro (who was built like a heavyweight champ) and would probably whooped you too cause nothin would rile that gal like someone who mistreats critters like you do (by her lights that is). Ellie would not approve at all with you huntin critters or using them for sport. Not at all.

Ellie's major flaw was she wasn't much of a cook.

Wholesomeness is attractive. Wholesomeness trumps looks. Wholesomeness is rare among young people in the US. I have a lot of respect for young people like Norah who strive to maintain their wholesomeness through all their life. I pray for them as I realize the difficulty of doing so through young adulthood. Norah and have very similar religious backgrounds. We are used to rural living. I counsel young adults all the time who face the struggles of remaining wholesome in a society and entertainment world which promotes anything but. My wife grew up much like Norah. My wife is nothing like Ellie Mae. Well, they have similar looks but my wife's a brunette. :)
if you're wife looks anything like Ellie May you're a lucky man indeed and lay off the kids. They're all right and the overwhelming majority of them are wholesome you jaded old coot. ;)

I'll say something nice about ILA. He frustrates me with his Brown Shirted Nazi persona and his spoiling for a fight because when he drops that nonsense he can be a surprisingly insightful and erudite person. He's also a shrewd thinker who I do not underestimate.

Back