Scumbag Misogyny Masquerading As Comedy

Is it a joke? Then sure, it can be funny.

You seem to to think that a joke=reality. It doesn't. That's why it's a joke.

How funny would Tosh's joke have been if five guys actually raped the woman?

if you answer 'it wouldn't be', then that means you recognize that there's a correlation between jokes and reality. That's why there's a discussion about why anyone would find rape funny.

How funny would Tosh's joke have been if five guys actually raped the woman?

if you answer 'it wouldn't be', then that means you recognize that there's a correlation between jokes and reality. That's why there's a discussion about why anyone would find rape funny.

The JOKE would still be funny, but the woman being raped would not. It's not the same thing.

That's not what you originally said. You said cruelty towards humans is hilarious, not jokes about cruelty towards humans.

The whole thread has been about jokes. I even posted South Park. Are you telling me that South Park is reality?

The whole thread has been about jokes. I even posted South Park. Are you telling me that South Park is reality?

No, the whole thread has not been about jokes. The thread is about why some things - like rape - aren't funny. The fact that you wouldn't have found it funny if the woman had actually been raped is why jokes about it are not funny.

No, the whole thread has not been about jokes. The thread is about why some things - like rape - aren't funny. The fact that you wouldn't have found it funny if the woman had actually been raped is why jokes about it are not funny.

By that logic NOTHING is funny or allowed for joking. Someone will ALWAYS have this one story or some personal distaste or other problem with ANYTHING. It's a JOKE. Tosh didn't go out and rape anyone. He made a joke about it. They are not the same thing.

By that logic NOTHING is funny or allowed for joking. Someone will ALWAYS have this one story or some personal distaste or other problem with ANYTHING. It's a JOKE. Tosh didn't go out and rape anyone. He made a joke about it. They are not the same thing.

No, that's a cop-out designed to excuse your choice to laugh at rape.

No, that's a cop-out designed to excuse your choice to laugh at rape.

No, it's a fact. If you can't make a joke about 1 thing because someone will get butt-hurt, then NOTHING is funny. I'm laughing at a joke. Please, understand the difference. 5 year olds can make the distinction.

The JOKE would still be funny, but the woman being raped would not. It's not the same thing.

I get it now...so a JOKE ABOUT a woman sobbing, crying and begging for her life as she's raped is hilarious...

The actual act...not so much!

That is one mighty fine hair you're trying to split there.

No, it's a fact. If you can't make a joke about 1 thing because someone will get butt-hurt, then NOTHING is funny. I'm laughing at a joke. Please, understand the difference. 5 year olds can make the distinction.

What is a fact is that anyone who finds humour in an act as degrading, humiliating, violative and violent as rape has misogynistic tendencies. If that shoe fits you, then wear it. That is the only fact being debated. It isn't about what constitutes humour, or the distinctions between offensive humour and acceptable humour. There is nothing funny about rape. Jokes about it appeal to the misogynistic tendencies of men. Not all men have those tendencies. Obviously, you do.

That's the only fact on full display here.

IT's in no way a joke when a woman is in a room filled with strange men for the guy on the stage to say it would be really funny if five of them raped her right there. If she had been raped that night, that guy could very well be sitting in a prison cell, and I bet he would be.

Right...how DARE women get offended by a simple joke about a sex act being forced on them?

Frickin hags need to lighten up!

What is a fact is that anyone who finds humour in an act as degrading, humiliating, violative and violent as rape has misogynistic tendencies. If that shoe fits you, then wear it. That is the only fact being debated. It isn't about what constitutes humour, or the distinctions between offensive humour and acceptable humour. There is nothing funny about rape. Jokes about it appeal to the misogynistic tendencies of men. Not all men have those tendencies. Obviously, you do.

That's the only fact on full display here.

Well said.

I get it now...so a JOKE ABOUT a woman sobbing, crying and begging for her life as she's raped is hilarious...

The actual act...not so much!

That is one mighty fine hair you're trying to split there.

No, it's not a "fine hair". It's about as thick as the line gets. One is a joke. I don't see how you people can't differentiate between something that does happen, and something that does not happen.

One wonders if he would find jokes about our Military men and women being tortured and beheaded by Muslim terrorists as hysterical as jokes about rape?

Oh I don't know, I seriously cringe just thinking about making a joke about that, but I don't know what his reaction might be. I just don't find some shit funny. Rape is right up there with the things you just mentioned. In fact, rape is a tactic used by many torture regimes. Also, what this guy said crosses over into incitement IMO and I seriously believe he would have been in a shitload of legal trouble if she had been raped by someone in that room that night..say if one or more of them had followed her out. I am glad we will never know this, but the prosecutor would have been on his ass IMO.

No, it's not a "fine hair". It's about as thick as the line gets. One is a joke. I don't see how you people can't differentiate between something that does happen, and something that does not happen.

I can. Rape isn't funny. That's why I don't make jokes about it, nor do I laugh at jokes about it. Misogynists do. Here's another example: I don't think racism is funny. That's why I don't make jokes about it, nor do I laugh at jokes about it. Only racists laugh at racist jokes.

And guess what, rape DOES happen. Trivializing it makes it happen MORE OFTEN.

One wonders if he would find jokes about our Military men and women being tortured and beheaded by Muslim terrorists as hysterical as jokes about rape?

No, I don't. It's not funny to me.

Actually, I'll take that back. I haven't heard a funny one yet. Got any?

I can. Rape isn't funny. That's why I don't make jokes about it, nor do I laugh at jokes about it. Misogynists do. Here's another example: I don't think racism is funny. That's why I don't make jokes about it, nor do I laugh at jokes about it. Only racists laugh at racist jokes.
If you say so.

Back