Senator-elect Jim Webb almost beats up Bu$h...

That is the idealist viewpoint Darla, which I fully agree with, however there is the nasty reality of the political game. And that is pretty much what it is. An entire system of deal making, compromises, kickbacks of various types, cronyism, pandering to lobbyists so you will get a cushy job after you leave politics, etc. And after the end of the day many political oppents socialize with eatch other, after all it is just a competetive game / profession they play/work at like any job....
Very sad but true. I would personally like to see political parties of over 1, 000 members banished.

My comment line used to be "idealistic realist".

I still feel the same, but realize that it is a pipe dream, but just keep chipping in what I can so that one day it might be the way it should be. I guess that is just another pipe dream though when basic human nature is figured in...
Sigh...

That's true. And I guess that every once in a while someone happens along who decides they're not going to play it.

That's true. And I guess that every once in a while someone happens along who decides they're not going to play it.

Yeah and they don't last long...Ever see em toss chickens to alligators ?
imho that is why Carter did not last. Too honest and his own party in congress feared his honesty.

I love this!

Cheney tells a United States senator to "go fuck himself" on the floor of the senate, and we're worried about the social skills of a freshman senator elect?

LOL

The way I read it, Bush got snippy first:

"I didn't ask about that! I asked how your son was!"

Fuck him.

Once you lose a child, what else is there to lose?
//
Life does go on Darla , even after this...It takes a long painful pause though....

I suppose it does, but what it leaves in its wake is probably never the same. I don't know. I know someone who lost a child this week, his 19 year old son. He just died, and the doctors don't really know why yet, except to guess that it's a very rare thing that can happen, but only in boys, that they can up till the age of 20 or so, actually die of something very similar to SIDS. Anyway, he has been crying and saying that he feels he wants to go lay in the street and let cars run over him. It's heartbreaking to even hear about, and though I don't know this particular pain, I do understand that sometimes the pain of life can be so unbearable that you just decide not to bear it anymore.

I can't imagine what I'd do with that pain coupled with the incredible rage I would feel if it were someone I loved, and in this lie of a war. But I really think that nothing would be off the table for me.

Yeah and they don't last long...Ever see em toss chickens to alligators ?
imho that is why Carter did not last. Too honest and his own party in congress feared his honesty.

Let's see if Webb is made of different stuff than Carter was. Not that I do not admire Carter very much, I do. But I think they are two very different kinds of people. We'll see.

I love this!

Cheney tells a United States senator to "go fuck himself" on the floor of the senate, and we're worried about the social skills of a freshman senator elect?

LOL

The way I read it, Bush got snippy first:

"I didn't ask about that! I asked how your son was!"

Fuck him.

Yeah, I defintely think it's about time some of these "tough guys" got some shit back, from guys who maybe are a little tougher than they are. Because really, these little chickenshit hawks aren't tough at all. They talk a good game, but we saw how they played it when it was time to walk it.

And walk they did. Some, with FIVE deferements.

Yeah, I defintely think it's about time some of these "tough guys" got some shit back, from guys who maybe are a little tougher than they are. Because really, these little chickenshit hawks aren't tough at all. They talk a good game, but we saw how they played it when it was time to walk it.

And walk they did. Some, with FIVE deferements.

I'm with you. Webb didn't do anything wrong.

Yes Darla Life is never the same after such an impact as the loss of ones child, but it will go on. Stand by your friend in his time of need of friends. If he does not do himself in or something an makes it 5 years or more you will even seem smile again. A close friend of mines very nice only child son (14 I think) was murdered by a classmate over nothing 7 years ago. It was very bad...but my friend is mostly back on track now.

And you are right, nothing is off the table for some time.....
Help your friend, we all need help from time to time.
I have both received and payed it forward, if you havent needed it yet , just bank a bit against the future.

Yes Darla Life is never the same after such an impact as the loss of ones child, but it will go on. Stand by your friend in his time of need of friends. If he does not do himself in or something an makes it 5 years or more you will even seem smile again. A close friend of mines very nice only child son (14 I think) was murdered by a classmate over nothing 7 years ago. It was very bad...but my friend is mostly back on track now.

And you are right, nothing is off the table for some time.....
Help your friend, we all need help from time to time.
I have both received and payed it forward, if you havent needed it yet , just bank a bit against the future.

He's a friend of my moms. She'll be a good friend to him though.

This is a really nice post usc.

Let's see if Webb is made of different stuff than Carter was. Not that I do not admire Carter very much, I do. But I think they are two very different kinds of people. We'll see.

Yes not the same kind of people at all. but I like Webbs style so far ;)

I saw carter on PBS last night repping for his new book. From what I saw it is a very good book. Missed the name of the book though.
He exposes lots of facts on the middle east situation that I had never heard from any source.

Yes not the same kind of people at all. but I like Webbs style so far ;)

I saw carter on PBS last night repping for his new book. From what I saw it is a very good book. Missed the name of the book though.
He exposes lots of facts on the middle east situation that I had never heard from any source.

Yeah I read about it today. I was very sorry I missed it. I'm going to buy his book.

he WAS polite. when asked how his son was, he replied that that was between him and his son. He did NOT say "Go Fuck yourself your draft dodging, drunk driving, pissant little motherfucker!" which Dubya certainly deserved. I have no problem with Webb's response whatsoever

Cheney should not have told a senator to fuck off either.
Duh! However Cheney hadn't accepted an unnecessary invitation to the dude's house, then tell him to f*ck off...

Clearly Cheney shouldn't have said it, but it takes a special rudeness to accept an invitation to somebody's house then be a jerk.

If you can't be polite for a ten second conversation why
accept the invitation at all?

Webb gave Bush the same response he gives everyone who asks about his son in iraq:

CNN: At that point, Webb said, Bush got a response similar to what reporters and others who had asked Webb about Lance Cpl. Jimmy Webb, 24, have received since the young man left for Iraq around Labor Day: "I told him that was between my boy and me.".....

He said he meant no disrespect to the presidency during the reception, but "I've always made a distinction about not speaking personally about my son."

In interviews during the campaign, Webb said it was wrong to elevate the role of one Marine over others. Webb also expressed concern that a high profile could subject a Marine to greater peril.

Back