Senator-elect Jim Webb almost beats up Bu$h...

Originally Posted by Damocles
Honestly, you have never told a peer to F*ck off or something of equivalence? I really can't see the big deal in either of these incidences...

At work and in front of a crowd of other co-workers? Heck no. I've never eneen seen anybody else say it publically at work.

Not in a professional setting anyway. Maybe there's some jobs where that happens at some level of frequency.

3) I dont care if its been done before or not... That does not affect the right or wrong of a thing.

Oh for sure!

I was not justifying what had been done, just that it was not something that would bring the world to an end as some here think or thought it did.

Immie

"He didn't go to the dude's house and do it. There is a difference"

My question then is: WHO DID go to any dude's house and swear? And if no one did, then what is the purpose of injecting it into the discussion?
Okay, let's pretend that the rest of our conversation hasn't happened and take that statement as if it were made into a vacuum... Or maybe we can pretend that we have actually had a conversation and that you had read how I thought that Webb had accepted an invitation to somebody's house just to be rude to them... Then we can read other statements of mine where I stated that I didn't think it was all that rude as I find that Webb answers everybody that same way when questioned by his son.

But heck, what Webb did at the house was mentioned before, I expected people to be able to either remember or to read it.

Originally Posted by Damocles
Honestly, you have never told a peer to F*ck off or something of equivalence? I really can't see the big deal in either of these incidences...

At work and in front of a crowd of other co-workers? Heck no. I've never eneen seen anybody else say it publically at work.

Not in a professional setting anyway. Maybe there's some jobs where that happens at some level of frequency.
Then you must indeed be low on the totem pole. I have heard, with less rudeness to be sure, much the same sentiment spoken at work. And there were times when I pretty much have told people that I needed some personal space without using the most diplomatic terms...

Okay, let's pretend that the rest of our conversation hasn't happened and take that statement as if it were made into a vacuum... Or maybe we can pretend that we have actually had a conversation and that you had read how I thought that Webb had accepted an invitation to somebody's house just to be rude to them... Then we can read other statements of mine where I stated that I didn't think it was all that rude as I find that Webb answers everybody that same way when questioned by his son.

But heck, what Webb did at the house was mentioned before, I expected people to be able to either remember or to read it.

OK...why not compare Jim Webb to Jeffrey Daumer.

"Hey Daumer ate the brains of the people he killed, but at least he didn't do it in their own house after they had invited him in there! Big difference!"

Cheney swore. Webb didn't
Daumer ate brains. Webb didnt.
Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK. Webb didn't.

Do you see my point that comparing Cheney's swearing on the floor of the Senate to Webb's refusal to talk about his son at the white house are really apples and oranges?

In the 1850's there was an incident in the Senate, on the Senate floor, in which a Senator from one of the southern states used his walking stick to beat an abolishionist Senator into unconsciousness.

Care's point is that Cheney was the President of the Senate and that makes a hell of a lot of difference.

Immie

OK...why not compare Jim Webb to Jeffrey Daumer.

"Hey Daumer ate the brains of the people he killed, but at least he didn't do it in their own house after they had invited him in there! Big difference!"

Cheney swore. Webb didn't
Daumer ate brains. Webb didnt.
Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK. Webb didn't.

Do you see my point that comparing Cheney's swearing on the floor of the Senate to Webb's refusal to talk about his son at the white house are really apples and oranges?
I didn't make the comparison. Look again. I answered the comparison made by another...

I don't care what Cheney said, and honestly don't think what Webb said was bad. You have some weird misperception that I have the same views as you and because this Reagan Republican has a D by his name now I will suddenly "hate" him. I don't. I am not a "Yellow Dog Republican"... or whatever the equivalent is.

Now, let's do this again. Somebody made the Cheney comparison. I simply stated that Cheney had not been invited to their house then do what he did and that there is a difference. This was, of course, before I read more about it and realized that Webb answered Bush the same way he answers everybody when asked that question.... Which I also have mentioned more than once in this thread...

It's all good. You can pretend that I have "hatred" toward Webb, whom I like as I also previously stated, and just assume that everything I have to say about him is colored by the same glasses you view anybody from the R Party.

Damo, this is the perception I get from maineman and desh.....that they think every Republican is the same. They are no more the same than every democrat is the same, are they?

Damo, this is the perception I get from maineman and desh.....that they think every Republican is the same. They are no more the same than every democrat is the same, are they?

Not the same by any means, but the repubs do seem to be a more coherent group than the Dems.

Other than, were I Webb I wouldn't accept any more invitations to the WH unless it was solely business.

I am sure I have done something equivalent, but I was wrong when I did it and I am SURE I was apologetic and not arrogant about it.

Cheney's only response was that it felt good to have said it!

Damo....Hey...we're good on this. I thought your comparison of Cheney swearing on the floor of the Senate but , hey, at least he didn't go do it in the guy's house, was flawed given the fact that Webb didn't swear in the WH...and I still do....but bygones, it's not that big a deal.

and I do not view you as a monochromatic republican automaton.

I realize that all republicans are not as mindless as Dixie and toby.... just as I acknowledge a wide range of values and intellectual capabilities amongst democrats here and nationally.

If the truth be known, I liked Jim Webb even when he WAS a republican...and even though I never vote for them, I am quite pleased that Oly Snowe and Susan Collins represent me in the US Senate.

Damo....Hey...we're good on this. I thought your comparison of Cheney swearing on the floor of the Senate but , hey, at least he didn't go do it in the guy's house, was flawed given the fact that Webb didn't swear in the WH...and I still do....but bygones, it's not that big a deal.

and I do not view you as a monochromatic republican automaton.

I realize that all republicans are not as mindless as Dixie and toby.... just as I acknowledge a wide range of values and intellectual capabilities amongst democrats here and nationally.

If the truth be known, I liked Jim Webb even when he WAS a republican...and even though I never vote for them, I am quite pleased that Oly Snowe and Susan Collins represent me in the US Senate.
Cool 'nuff. I like Webb, even if he is a D. He is still a Reagan Republican, I think we need more in the Senate...

I like him cuz he's a boat school grad ;)
LOL. I only graduated from the Defense Language Institute and from the Global Security school at Goodfellow AFB... you know, the cryptology school.

Then I served at Ft. Meade.... I did go on boats though... Boats, the underwater type.

So subs are still boats and not ships then ?

nah...subs are ships, but they are affectionately referred to as boats....just like annapolis is affectionately referred to as the boat school....

or sometimes it's called the Chesapeake University of Naval Technology

LOL. I only graduated from the Defense Language Institute and from the Global Security school at Goodfellow AFB... you know, the cryptology school.

Then I served at Ft. Meade.... I did go on boats though... Boats, the underwater type.
a bubblehead spook....I got it!

Back