APP - Senator Kennedy became one of my heroes!

You understand correctly usc...

Yes leaning I understand mostly. And sometimes I even wish I believed.
It could be a great comfort.

Please take none of my anti religion stuff personally. I just try and target the false Christians.
I have never attacked anyone whom I considered to be a true Christian. They are good folks, even though I disagree with them.

Just felt I had to tell you this because I hold you in a position of respect.
And feel that I would be honored to call you friend.

Yes leaning I understand mostly. And sometimes I even wish I believed.
It could be a great comfort.

Please take none of my anti religion stuff personally. I just try and target the false Christians.
I have never attacked anyone whom I considered to be a true Christian. They are good folks, even though I disagree with them.

Just felt I had to tell you this because I hold you in a position of respect.
And feel that I would be honored to call you friend.

Well said. I'll second that.

SO being pro-choice is the same as being a mass muderer?
It would be more like being pro mass murder. I want it to be legal so people can make the choice to do it if they need to. I mean, some people deserve to be post-birth aborted. While I would never do it personally I can't make a law because I personally think it is wrong....

It would be more like being pro mass murder. I want it to be legal so people can make the choice to do it if they need to. I mean, some people deserve to be post-birth aborted. While I would never do it personally I can't make a law because I personally think it is wrong....

Its not the same as being pro-mass murder. One can be for it being legal to make the choice for yourself while still against making that choice.

I belive unprotected sex is a bad choice and I do not belive people should do it when they are not ready to have kids. That does not mean I belive it should be illegal! Same thing!

So if you belive that the secular government should not make a law against it, but still encourage and work toward getting people not to do it, that makes me pro-it!

Its not the same as being pro-mass murder. One can be for it being legal to make the choice for yourself while still against making that choice.

I belive unprotected sex is a bad choice and I do not belive people should do it when they are not ready to have kids. That does not mean I belive it should be illegal! Same thing!

So if you belive that the secular government should not make a law against it, but still encourage and work toward getting people not to do it, that makes me pro-it!
So, you didn't read my post and tried to explain what was already there.

Read it again, I'll bold the important parts...

No I read your entire post.

I was responding to the first part...

"It would be more like being pro mass murder. I want it to be legal so people can make the choice to do it if they need to. I mean, some people deserve to be post-birth aborted. While I would never do it personally I can't make a law because I personally think it is wrong.... "

Even considering the bolded part of your post, my point still stands... That would not make you pro-mass murder, in fact it makse you anti-mass murder, because as you stated, you personally think it is wrong!

Even considering the bolded part of your post, my point still stands... That would not make you pro-mass murder, in fact it makse you anti-mass murder, because as you stated, you personally think it is wrong!
That's idiotic. One understands that it is among the list of the ultimate wrongs, yet would be willing to allow others to do it because their understanding can't effect others?

It's plain stupid. We wouldn't be able to make any laws at all if this logic was followed with any regularity.

No matter how vile an act you commit, somebody can always say, "Well I wouldn't do it personally, but laws shouldn't be based on my morality!"

That's idiotic. One understands that it is among the list of the ultimate wrongs, yet would be willing to allow others to do it because their understanding can't effect others?

It's plain stupid. We wouldn't be able to make any laws at all if this logic was followed with any regularity.

No matter how vile an act you commit, somebody can always say, "Well I wouldn't do it personally, but laws shouldn't be based on my morality!"

I agree with your point above about how dumb that argument is, but, I hold firm to what I am saying which is that such an argument, as flawed as it is, does not make you PRO-MASS MURDER.

Talk about straw man. I did not use the argment for the sake of the argument, I used the argument to illistrate that making the argument still does not make you pro MASS-Murder.

I agree with your point above about how dumb that argument is, but, I hold firm to what I am saying which is that such an argument, as flawed as it is, does not make you PRO-MASS MURDER.

Talk about straw man. I did not use the argment for the sake of the argument, I used the argument to illistrate that making the argument still does not make you pro MASS-Murder.
I believe that it does. Through direct action you support laws that will continue to allow others to get rich off of something you profess to believe is wrong.

It would be more like having a factory that you could force others into to slaughter them then actively supporting the continued operation of that factory even though you think killing people is wrong, you continue to support the activity and try to say "I'm really against it, I don't think people should take anybody there!" (And this would be pretty much exactly like most pro-lifers see it. If you believe it is a child what possible reason could you give to support it even for rape or incest?)

I believe that it does. Through direct action you support laws that will continue to allow others to get rich off of something you profess to believe is wrong.

It would be more like having a factory that you could force others into to slaughter them then actively supporting the continued operation of that factory even though you think killing people is wrong, you continue to support the activity and try to say "I'm really against it, I don't think people should take anybody there!" (And this would be pretty much exactly like most pro-lifers see it. If you believe it is a child what possible reason could you give to support it even for rape or incest?)

Wanting something to remain legal, is not the same as supporting that something. You are more logical than that, and you know better. IN fact you could easily stand up and say, I dont want the governemtn to make this illegal, I dont belive that will shut it down, I want to take all my resources to find other ways to shut it down other than by government force. I am against it, I just dont want to make it illegal. I dont believe that making a law against something stops it, it just makes it worse.

Now if you "supported" the factory, financially or otherwise, thats supporting it. Merely not wanting it to be illegal is not supporting it, in my book. You can belive otherwise all day long, but it does not follow logic.

Wanting something to remain legal, is not the same as supporting that something. You are more logical than that, and you know better. IN fact you could easily stand up and say, I dont want the governemtn to make this illegal, I dont belive that will shut it down, I want to take all my resources to find other ways to shut it down other than by government force. I am against it, I just dont want to make it illegal. I dont believe that making a law against something stops it, it just makes it worse.

Now if you "supported" the factory, financially or otherwise, thats supporting it. Merely not wanting it to be illegal is not supporting it, in my book. You can belive otherwise all day long, but it does not follow logic.
Directly acting to keep something legal even though you believe it to be "murder" is the same thing as supporting it. Period. Donating time to support the activity is the same thing as donating money to the cause.

Literally spending hours supporting the activity then saying you don't support it... illogical in an extreme.

I don't want to interrupt this free flowing, back-and-forth rally of ideas but could someone direct me to the website, or provide some contact details, for this "human slaughter factory"?

It strikes me as an interesting investment opportunity.

Thanks.

I don't want to interrupt this free flowing, back-and-forth rally of ideas but could someone direct me to the website, or provide some contact details, for this "human slaughter factory"?

It strikes me as an interesting investment opportunity.

Thanks.
It was a Monty Python sketch... You know the one where the guy wants to be a Freemason.

Back