Shortages

Soup and canned beverages such as soda and Selzer and beer are still a problem...for some reason the people who make cans and soup makers have not been able to ramp up as much as needed.

Would love a little space heater. I sleep on a Styrofoam mat on the floor. Lie, down, turn on the heater, and luxuriate in warm air blowing across my face. And the gently hum lulls me to sleep.

Unfortunately, my space heater died last spring, after six years of faithful service. Have been unable to find another one. Target doesn't have any. Fred Meyer doesn't have any. Amazon does have some, but I wouldn't be able to look it over carefully before I buy it.

As I understand, the shortage of space heaters is due to Corona Virus, but not in the way you might think. Many restaurants have been forced to close their dining rooms and so have set up their tables and chairs on the sidewalk or in makeshift tents. They have bought up all available space heaters to keep customers comfortable.

Well, I'm sure I'll find a space heater sometime this winter.

Would love a little space heater. I sleep on a Styrofoam mat on the floor. Lie, down, turn on the heater, and luxuriate in warm air blowing across my face. And the gently hum lulls me to sleep.

Unfortunately, my space heater died last spring, after six years of faithful service. Have been unable to find another one. Target doesn't have any. Fred Meyer doesn't have any. Amazon does have some, but I wouldn't be able to look it over carefully before I buy it.

As I understand, the shortage of space heaters is due to Corona Virus, but not in the way you might think. Many restaurants have been forced to close their dining rooms and so have set up their tables and chairs on the sidewalk or in makeshift tents. They have bought up all available space heaters to keep customers comfortable.

Well, I'm sure I'll find a space heater sometime this winter.

Clearly you dont live in Seattle, where the Poor Unfortunates get anything and everything that they put to list.

"Coca-Cola that is hecho en México (made in Mexico) contains cane sugar rather than high-fructose corn syrup, the current whipping boy of the food world. Hipsters and the trendy restaurants they patronize have known about Mexican Coke for some time now, and bodegas in Los Angeles have stocked it to appeal to their Mexican-American customers. But in recent years, Mexican Coke has been appearing in the wide aisles of Costco, signaling a broader interest."
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smit...-complex-than-hipsters-would-admit-180956032/

"Many foodies and soda lovers swear there’s a discernible difference between Coke made with sugar and Coke made with high-fructose corn syrup—a truer, less “chemical-y” taste; a realer real thing. And they’re willing to pay the higher prices that Mexican Coke purchased in the U.S. commands. Trendsetting chef David Chang, who owns Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City as well as several other cutting-edge restaurants, was involved in a social-media spat in 2011 when the gastro-sphere lit up at his charging $5 for a Mexican Coke. "

My wife saw yeast and bought two even though we almost never use it because she does not cook and I am diabetic, a retired chef, pretty much the last thing I want to do is bake. I did it all the time when Starbucks HQ (nee The Mother Ship) was open but that was a long time ago. I have all of this baking and catering stuff that I dont use at all anymore. It is a bit sad.

My wife saw yeast and bought two even though we almost never use it because she does not cook and I am diabetic, a retired chef, pretty much the last thing I want to do is bake. I did it all the time when Starbucks HQ (nee The Mother Ship) was open but that was a long time ago. I have all of this baking and catering stuff that I dont use at all anymore. It is a bit sad.

Jesus! You sound like a real Porker. :(

"Coca-Cola that is hecho en México (made in Mexico) contains cane sugar rather than high-fructose corn syrup, the current whipping boy of the food world. Hipsters and the trendy restaurants they patronize have known about Mexican Coke for some time now, and bodegas in Los Angeles have stocked it to appeal to their Mexican-American customers. But in recent years, Mexican Coke has been appearing in the wide aisles of Costco, signaling a broader interest."
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smit...-complex-than-hipsters-would-admit-180956032/

"Many foodies and soda lovers swear there’s a discernible difference between Coke made with sugar and Coke made with high-fructose corn syrup—a truer, less “chemical-y” taste; a realer real thing. And they’re willing to pay the higher prices that Mexican Coke purchased in the U.S. commands. Trendsetting chef David Chang, who owns Momofuku Noodle Bar in New York City as well as several other cutting-edge restaurants, was involved in a social-media spat in 2011 when the gastro-sphere lit up at his charging $5 for a Mexican Coke. "

I remember watching an episode of James Burke's "Connections". It touched on the Slave Trade Triangle: Investors send a ship to Africa to pick up slaves then go to the West Indies to trade for cane sugar then back to West Europe to sell the Sugar for more money to buy slaves.

In the 1700s, most people were living on 1200 calories a day. Tea was a flavorful drink but tea with a spoonful of sugar would provide a powerful boost of energy. A sugar high. It was a very big thing in it's day.

Triangle_trade2.png

I remember watching an episode of James Burke's "Connections". It touched on the Slave Trade Triangle: Investors send a ship to Africa to pick up slaves then go to the West Indies to trade for cane sugar then back to West Europe to sell the Sugar for more money to buy slaves.

In the 1700s, most people were living on 1200 calories a day. Tea was a flavorful drink but tea with a spoonful of sugar would provide a powerful boost of energy. A sugar high. It was a very big thing in it's day.

We currently eat 42 teaspoons a day.

"HOUSTON!"

Back