Shortages

I have started looking into that...... You can get a frig pretty easy & there are prob places you could get one free..

My frig is getting close to.. It is over 25 years I think but still works well, although it seems to run more which got me ta lookin.. American made, as opposed to all the Chinese junks out there which seem to break down in five years.........

I know several neighbors that have had new ones go down & they were not the cheap bottom of the line models either......

I have started looking into that...... You can get a frig pretty easy & there are prob places you could get one free..

My frig is getting close to.. It is over 25 years I think but still works well, although it seems to run more which got me ta lookin.. American made, as opposed to all the Chinese junks out there which seem to break down in five years.........

I know several neighbors that have had new ones go down & they were not the cheap bottom of the line models either......

Yeah, the problem is most fridges/freezers and other needed appliances have been made in China for years now. Despite the bullshit from the Moron-in-Chief, none of his tariffs and threats and saber-rattling convinced a single American plant to re-tool and start making such things here instead of there. And now the pandemic.

Used to laugh at those Doomsday Prepper folks. Starting to think they were right.

QUOTE=ThatOwlWoman;3849350]Yeah, the problem is most fridges/freezers and other needed appliances have been made in China for years now. Despite the bullshit from the Moron-in-Chief, none of his tariffs and threats and saber-rattling convinced a single American plant to re-tool and start making such things here instead of there. And now the pandemic.

Used to laugh at those Doomsday Prepper folks. Starting to think they were right.[/QUOTE]

Not so funny now!!! :mad: lol

I think 99.9% have not even considered it..........

When we are forced to grab a shovel, they'll fly off to their summer homes in SOuthern CHina & Hua........

Yeah, the problem is most fridges/freezers and other needed appliances have been made in China for years now. Despite the bullshit from the Moron-in-Chief, none of his tariffs and threats and saber-rattling convinced a single American plant to re-tool and start making such things here instead of there. And now the pandemic.

Used to laugh at those Doomsday Prepper folks. Starting to think they were right.

It's smart to be prepared for a natural disaster, say 2-3 weeks, but those Doomsday Preppers are going overboard.

It's smart to be prepared for a natural disaster, say 2-3 weeks, but those Doomsday Preppers are going overboard.

Yeah -- but in a way they were/are justified. Not the gun bullshit, because the show was basically an advertisement and encouragement for gun hoarder nutbag crazies there at the end.

Someone who is truly prepared for some local or global disaster keeps essentials on hand... water, nonperishable foods, meds, first-aid supplies, clean elimination methods, non-digital communication devices, non-electrical lighting items, and most of all books and manuals that aren't dependent on electricity to access.

That gun thing is just the insane and profiteers pushing that as the sole solution to some disaster. If you need to hunt for food, fine. But that's not what they are pushing. They are advocating guns to kill your fellow human beings who are suffering too.

Yeah -- but in a way they were/are justified. Not the gun bullshit, because the show was basically an advertisement and encouragement for gun hoarder nutbag crazies there at the end.

Someone who is truly prepared for some local or global disaster keeps essentials on hand... water, nonperishable foods, meds, first-aid supplies, clean elimination methods, non-digital communication devices, non-electrical lighting items, and most of all books and manuals that aren't dependent on electricity to access.

That gun thing is just the insane and profiteers pushing that as the sole solution to some disaster. If you need to hunt for food, fine. But that's not what they are pushing. They are advocating guns to kill your fellow human beings who are suffering too.

I once saw about 5 minutes of the show channel surfing but I don't do reality television. My wife eats that stuff up; 90 day fiance', marriage at first sight, etc.

Since I didn't see it, I can't voice an opinion on "the gun thing" but I'm a collector and have several. You are correct, it's not everything. It's just a tool like an ax or a saw.

In a survival situation, people may have to defend their home from looters.

I once saw about 5 minutes of the show channel surfing but I don't do reality television. My wife eats that stuff up; 90 day fiance', marriage at first sight, etc.

Since I didn't see it, I can't voice an opinion on "the gun thing" but I'm a collector and have several. You are correct, it's not everything. It's just a tool like an ax or a saw.

In a survival situation, people may have to defend their home from looters.

Possibly so, yeah. But we wouldn't still be here in the 21st century, at the height of human civilization, if our first survival instinct was to kill our fellow species. Nope. We are here because we are a cooperative, communal animal that is intelligent enough to realize our limitations. We've figured out that our survival is more assured when we band together and work out roles to ensure our survival. That Doomsday Prepper series -- and those who subscribe to the prepper mindset, have forgotten that.

Possibly so, yeah. But we wouldn't still be here in the 21st century, at the height of human civilization, if our first survival instinct was to kill our fellow species. Nope. We are here because we are a cooperative, communal animal that is intelligent enough to realize our limitations. We've figured out that our survival is more assured when we band together and work out roles to ensure our survival. That Doomsday Prepper series -- and those who subscribe to the prepper mindset, have forgotten that.

Correct, but as Native Americans found out, it could be very handy to have guns when people come to take everything you have. A good maxim is "It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need it and not have it".

Very few people's first survival instinct is to kill our fellow species. Do you disagree that in such situations there will be some assholes who will try such a thing? Do you agree it would be a very bad thing if those same assholes are the only ones with guns?

As for Preppers, they are people who live in fear just like some people live in fear of their neighbors with guns. :)

Correct, but as Native Americans found out, it could be very handy to have guns when people come to take everything you have. A good maxim is "It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need it and not have it".

Very few people's first survival instinct is to kill our fellow species. Do you disagree that in such situations there will be some assholes who will try such a thing? Do you agree it would be a very bad thing if those same assholes are the only ones with guns?

As for Preppers, they are people who live in fear just like some people live in fear of their neighbors with guns. :)

I must admit that I do not like the "camp people" who come up here on weekends to their camps, ride their ATVs down the road shooting off their stupid guns at 2 am. On weekends I'm stringing wire across the end of our driveway at chest-height to the average 4-wheeler rider. That'll slow 'em down some. lol

I must admit that I do not like the "camp people" who come up here on weekends to their camps, ride their ATVs down the road shooting off their stupid guns at 2 am. On weekends I'm stringing wire across the end of our driveway at chest-height to the average 4-wheeler rider. That'll slow 'em down some. lol

Yes, it would. Not sure about the law, but if you painted it flat black with a dark sign that said "Please watch for cable" on it, I think you'd be covered per the law. Might want to ask a lawyer friend.

If you have an old gas can, preferably a small one then spend $3 to put a gallon of gas in it plus a cup sugar and leave it by the side of a trail only used by the ATV'ers. Agitate the can to dissolve the sugar. Honest people will usually pass it by but an idiot would use it.....which is a good thing.

Last edited:
Yes, it would. Not sure about the law, but if you painted it flat black with a dark sign that said "Please watch for cable" on it, I think you'd be covered per the law. Might want to ask a lawyer friend.

If you have an old gas can, preferably a small one then spend $3 to put a gallon of gas in it plus a cup sugar and leave it by the side of a trail only used by the ATV'ers. Agitate the can to dissolve the sugar. Honest people will usually pass it by but an idiot would use it.....which is a good thing.

I could just leave it by a tree down there on the road where all the camps are. Do you know how to get fingerprints off gas cans? lol

I could just leave it by a tree down there on the road where all the camps are. Do you know how to get fingerprints off gas cans? lol

Sugar is slow and old school. Add a pint of this to it and the effects are immediate and permanent.

$(KGrHqZHJE4E88eUTI5LBPrJiKhs0g~~60_1.JPG

That hardens into a plastic goo that causes the engine to lock up completely and the only way to fix it is to get another engine.

Sugar is slow and old school. Add a pint of this to it and the effects are immediate and permanent.

$(KGrHqZHJE4E88eUTI5LBPrJiKhs0g~~60_1.JPG

That hardens into a plastic goo that causes the engine to lock up completely and the only way to fix it is to get another engine.

Sugar is cheaper. :) In fact, free packets of it can be taken from wherever coffee is sold.

Sugar is cheaper. :) In fact, free packets of it can be taken from wherever coffee is sold.

Sugar can be detected during a breakdown of the engine. Styrene boils off so there's no evidence. That means no insurance claims... Amazing what you learn from an old OSS dirty tricks manual from WW 2...

Sugar can be detected during a breakdown of the engine. Styrene boils off so there's no evidence. That means no insurance claims... Amazing what you learn from an old OSS dirty tricks manual from WW 2...

Again, true, but since the target is random, IMO, it's not worth the expense. If it was an assholish neighbor, yeah, it's an excellent plan.

Back