Some Good Advice for the Young Posters:

No they don't, but my way, IMO, is the best to get it done. By causing a fight, you create doubt. But because women, especially young women, are fickle, that doubt rarely lasts very long. So you get a pre-nup, just in case, and you get married.

oh shut the fuck up. Like men don't change their minds. Give me a break.

well if men are as well, why would you bother singling out women as the fickle ones?
Statistically speaking young women are the most likely to change their minds, especially on a whim. Men tend to do so less often. And, as a counter point to that, it can often be a detriment since men are more likely to be wrong because of their unwillingness to change their minds.

Statistically speaking young women are the most likely to change their minds, especially on a whim. Men tend to do so less often. And, as a counter point to that, it can often be a detriment since men are more likely to be wrong because of their unwillingness to change their minds.

"statistically"? Care to point me to the research? Or are you pulling this shit out of your ass?

LadyT's actually back! I didn't look up, I thought someone gravedug this.

I just think it would be hilarious to see a sexist take a dive in there. I'm actually subscribed to it on reddit.

Yes, I'm brent. That's why my tagline is "anticonservative".

Nah, it actually is a difference in how they come to decisions. Men tend to think it through to themselves, quietly researching, then speak after their decision is already made; women like to talk it through, even sometimes to themselves, making it appear as if they've changed their minds more than men.

Nah, it actually is a difference in how they come to decisions. Men tend to think it through to themselves, quietly researching, then speak after their decision is already made; women like to talk it through, even sometimes to themselves, making it appear as if they've changed their minds more than men.
Thank you Damo for being better at articulation than myself.

The only real difference is the silence in which the men go through their choices as opposed to the more vocal way women come to the same decisions.

Men and women are equally likely to be wrong, the process to make the decisions is the same just more noisy with women... ;) (that's the J/k smilie for the humorless liberals). Men see it as "making decisions" when the woman talks about it, then sees them as fickle when they say "no, it might be better if"...

If you remember that they are "thinking out loud" rather than making bunches of decisions, it may change how you view it.

Another difference that effects how men and women see each other is what I call the "tape recorder" phenomena.

When I approach a man with a problem, I expect him to offer up some solutions. When women do, they often just want a "tape recorder" that makes some non-committal noises of commiseration...

Back