Southerns drag their knuckles into the new millennium

Sorry, I didn't know baseball was out. On the other hand, I am betting that you have no idea whether or not the wedge sandal is still the thing this spring, mr. smartpants.

To me all sports are the same. My brothers are total freaks. They have season tickets for the mets, the jets and the islanders. All I can ever think is, geez, imagine the shoes you could buy with that kind of money.

I hope the wedge sandal is still in. I got a couple last year at the end of summer on clearance, and it would suck as$ of they weren't because......

I'M GOING TO ARUBA IN A FEW WEEKS

I hope the wedge sandal is still in. I got a couple last year at the end of summer on clearance, and it would suck as$ of they weren't because......

I'M GOING TO ARUBA IN A FEW WEEKS

I was just joking about that actually. I am so in love with the wedge sandals, that I don't care if they go out, or when. I have several pairs of them from the past two summers, and another one that I bought just two weeks ago to add to them. I have no intention of not wearing them. They're hot, sexy, and comfortable. They can't be beat.

Have a great time!

AND there we have it... Lady T bows down to the pressure and wishes of the thread hijackers. :burn:

Sigh.....this is true. I figured since you joined the thread, the level of discourse had to be lowered just a tad so that you can keep up. Because ya know.....I like you and I want you be included! :D

"Sigh.....this is true. I figured since you joined the thread, the level of discourse had to be lowered just a tad so that you can keep up. Because ya know.....I like you and I want you be included! "

That is why I, in turn, like you... always willing to include us morons in the discussion. :orang:

I was just joking about that actually. I am so in love with the wedge sandals, that I don't care if they go out, or when. I have several pairs of them from the past two summers, and another one that I bought just two weeks ago to add to them. I have no intention of not wearing them. They're hot, sexy, and comfortable. They can't be beat.

Have a great time!

I will. Its horrible timing too. The entire company just got hit with an accelerated forecast because some big wig wants the CEO position. People are flipping out and I'm like, "hhhmmmm what should I do?"

"Sigh.....this is true. I figured since you joined the thread, the level of discourse had to be lowered just a tad so that you can keep up. Because ya know.....I like you and I want you be included! "

That is why I, in turn, like you... always willing to include us morons in the discussion. :orang:

what can I say....I like to give back to the little people.

You're welcome.

Sorry, I didn't know baseball was out. On the other hand, I am betting that you have no idea whether or not the wedge sandal is still the thing this spring, mr. smartpants.

To me all sports are the same. My brothers are total freaks. They have season tickets for the mets, the jets and the islanders. All I can ever think is, geez, imagine the shoes you could buy with that kind of money.
Baseball is only "out" among those who actually think about whether or not to wear white shoes after labor day.

"what can I say....I like to give back to the little people.

You're welcome."

you are just too sweet. Should put you up for a humanitarian award. Liberal groups have about 45000 of those each year that they backslap each other with... perhaps you could win one for reaching out to a lesser being. ;)

I don't know where it came from, but I sure do abide by it.
I've never once checked my shoes for color at any time of the year, except maybe when I am wearing a tux, but then I usually wear my black dress cowboy boots....

"Baseball is only "out" among those who actually think about whether or not to wear white shoes after labor day."

I prefer to wear sandals with black dress socks. :D

"what can I say....I like to give back to the little people.

You're welcome."

you are just too sweet. Should put you up for a humanitarian award. Liberal groups have about 45000 of those each year that they backslap each other with... perhaps you could win one for reaching out to a lesser being. ;)

Hug a con LadyT ;)

"Baseball is only "out" among those who actually think about whether or not to wear white shoes after labor day."

I prefer to wear sandals with black dress socks. :D

Never liked sandals. Kept scuffing my toes on gravels and such.
plus why does less often cost more ?
ie sandals can cost more than full shoes.
Fashion I suppose....

And a white's only prom would ensure that there were no thugs?
No, it would not, and I don't claim it would. It is, in this specific case, a form of profiling and it is not based on anecdote.

I live in what the FBI calls one of the MOST VIOLENT small cities in America. That violence is concentrated in several well known neighborhoods. The high school my home is zoned for encompasses a few small upper middle class subdivisions (bussed in) and two of these hotbeds of violence, poverty, and open gang warfare. These two areas are almost exclusively black.

I suppose that not wanting to send my child to what the county recognizes as the county's most violent school, where the vast majority of the violence is linked to the kids from these areas, in an FBI designated most violent small city, makes me a racist. Now what are you going to call my black neighbors who send their child, who is my son's best friend, to exactly the same private school as my child for the same reasons? They must be racists, too.

We were talking about a prom dance, weren't we?

Ever heard of a cop being shot at any prom dance - rural, or urban? I haven't
No, I'm talking about the ordinary daily activity that happens in these areas, not special events.

Never liked sandals. Kept scuffing my toes on gravels and such.
plus why does less often cost more ?
ie sandals can cost more than full shoes.
Fashion I suppose....
Supply and demand. They have to first use different machinery to make them, then they guess at the number of people that will want them. This makes it so sometimes they make less than the demand calls for, this raises the prices.

And since we were talking about prom dances, then you should be able to substantiate your claim about urban (or "black") prom dances, being the focal point for gun battles and violence.

One example will do. An example of an urban high school prom dance, where a gun battle broke out.

thanks.
Why would violence have to be restricted to gun fights? How about just plain old fist-fights and brawling?

Back