Stars Died For You

No one is arguing that point with you Dixie. I'm very open minded to this possibility. It just isn't science is our point. The wonders of God's uiverse are indeed amazing to behold. That doesn't change the age old ground rule of science which prohibits us from invoking supernatural causation.

Well what point do you think I am trying to make, that we should abandon science and pray? Hey, I can understand and comprehend that physical science is incapable of being applied to supernatural things, but supernatural things can also never be proven or disproved by science. It's just as stupid for a science person to say that religious beliefs are foolish, as it is for religious people to say science is bunk. Go ahead and use science, continue to explore and ask questions, but don't discount possibilities you may not have the capacity to understand, or that physical science can not explain. Remember, if there IS a God, it invented Science.

Laugh all you like... Science shows us nothing to indicate life as we know it is anything BUT remarkable and extraordinary. The more we study life on Earth, the more we explore the far reaches of space, the more we come to know that life on this planet is something very unique and special. To completely divorce yourself from any idea this might be the result of forces beyond your understanding, is the height of human arrogance, in my opinion. To proclaim that your science has somehow "proven" that there is no God, is beyond anything mortals can reason with, you will have to answer for your own conclusions, I prefer to keep my mind open to possibility.

Microbial life has been found at depths of 20,000 feet in the ocean in extreme temperatures near volcanic fissures. Given that bit of information, is there any particular reason to doubt that microbial life could exist elsewhere in the solar system, such as on Mars, Europa, or Titan? Of course it won't be proven until we give these places a thorough look, but there is no reason to dismiss the possibility.

Nobody has ever said that science has "proven" there is no God. That is bullshit. I believe in God as a matter of faith; science has nothing to do with it.

Microbial life has been found at depths of 20,000 feet in the ocean in extreme temperatures near volcanic fissures. Given that bit of information, is there any particular reason to doubt that microbial life could exist elsewhere in the solar system, such as on Mars, Europa, or Titan? Of course it won't be proven until we give these places a thorough look, but there is no reason to dismiss the possibility.

Nobody has ever said that science has "proven" there is no God. That is bullshit. I believe in God as a matter of faith; science has nothing to do with it.

We have all kinds of rocks an samples from Mars, we've found no evidence of any kind of microbial life, past or present. Again, you help to make my case, if life can survive all kinds of extremes here on Earth, why don't we see any inkling of it elsewhere?

Nobody has ever said that science has "proven" there is no God. That is bullshit.

Really? You don't think that is what the smarmy and sarcastic message of the OP is? That we need not thank the mystical sky god, we should thank a star instead? Because, that is how it came across to me. Over and over, we have these same convoluted arguments with no resolve, as if some theory for evolution explains the origin of life, or that believing in creation contradicts belief in science. I don't have any problem with science whatsoever, but I get quite annoyed with people who are using science as some kind of basis to bash religious belief, clinging to some idiotic notion that science has answered the question of God.

We have all kinds of rocks an samples from Mars, we've found no evidence of any kind of microbial life, past or present. Again, you help to make my case, if life can survive all kinds of extremes here on Earth, why don't we see any inkling of it elsewhere?

Nobody has ever said that science has "proven" there is no God. That is bullshit.

Really? You don't think that is what the smarmy and sarcastic message of the OP is? That we need not thank the mystical sky god, we should thank a star instead? Because, that is how it came across to me. Over and over, we have these same convoluted arguments with no resolve, as if some theory for evolution explains the origin of life, or that believing in creation contradicts belief in science. I don't have any problem with science whatsoever, but I get quite annoyed with people who are using science as some kind of basis to bash religious belief, clinging to some idiotic notion that science has answered the question of God.

You may want to do some research, on your belief that rocks from Mars show no microbial evidence.

Well what point do you think I am trying to make, that we should abandon science and pray? Hey, I can understand and comprehend that physical science is incapable of being applied to supernatural things, but supernatural things can also never be proven or disproved by science. It's just as stupid for a science person to say that religious beliefs are foolish, as it is for religious people to say science is bunk. Go ahead and use science, continue to explore and ask questions, but don't discount possibilities you may not have the capacity to understand, or that physical science can not explain. Remember, if there IS a God, it invented Science.
Yes, I agree with you. There are many mysteries in the universe which science is ill prepared to explain.

True but our knowledge of what exist on other planetary systems in the universe can only be kindly described as, very limited.

Yes it's true. And from a purely philosophical standpoint, one could argue that it is impossible to prove no other life exists in our universe. But the fact-o-the matter is, the OP leads us to believe that a star exploded, and all the ingredients of the primordial soup just came to rest and life emerged. Perhaps that is the case, but isn't it odd and strange that we don't have some kind of life thriving on other planets? The main reason is they lack very much water, but they have no atmosphere to hold in water and shield from the sun anyway... all kinds of things which are problematic for life to survive. It just seems to me, if LIFE just magically sprang forth as a result of space junk, we'd see more examples around us of something. Forget about why we can't find microbes on the moon or Mars, why the hell don't they have abundant life, with atmospheres and water, and ecosystems, and whatnot? It's the same old "we just happened to be lucky" thing? I don't buy it.. a star exploded, spreading it's junk all around for billions of miles... and it just so happened that every single thing we needed to build a planet to support life and develop an ecosystem and evolve into a species with the ability to have this conversation?

I was listening to some pinhead theorist a while back, presenting his idea that life originated from chemical reactions in enzymes found in clay... of course, from there, ALL life sprang forth, or so theorized the pinhead. It intrigued me, because I recall a Biblical account of how God created man by "spitting into the dust." Spit in dust = clay... Isn't that ironic?

Yes it's true. And from a purely philosophical standpoint, one could argue that it is impossible to prove no other life exists in our universe. But the fact-o-the matter is, the OP leads us to believe that a star exploded, and all the ingredients of the primordial soup just came to rest and life emerged. Perhaps that is the case, but isn't it odd and strange that we don't have some kind of life thriving on other planets? The main reason is they lack very much water, but they have no atmosphere to hold in water and shield from the sun anyway... all kinds of things which are problematic for life to survive. It just seems to me, if LIFE just magically sprang forth as a result of space junk, we'd see more examples around us of something. Forget about why we can't find microbes on the moon or Mars, why the hell don't they have abundant life, with atmospheres and water, and ecosystems, and whatnot? It's the same old "we just happened to be lucky" thing? I don't buy it.. a star exploded, spreading it's junk all around for billions of miles... and it just so happened that every single thing we needed to build a planet to support life and develop an ecosystem and evolve into a species with the ability to have this conversation?

I was listening to some pinhead theorist a while back, presenting his idea that life originated from chemical reactions in enzymes found in clay... of course, from there, ALL life sprang forth, or so theorized the pinhead. It intrigued me, because I recall a Biblical account of how God created man by "spitting into the dust." Spit in dust = clay... Isn't that ironic?

If you find it strange to believe that the Universe happened without a deity, then it is incumbent on you to explain where the god(s) came from, surely you have exactly the same issue? If you find the Big Bang theory wrong then you need to come up with a theory other than that which is just based on faith? In other words, who made God?

If you find it strange to believe that the Universe happened without a deity, then it is incumbent on you to explain where the god(s) came from, surely you have exactly the same issue? If you find the Big Bang theory wrong then you need to come up with a theory other than that which is just based on faith? In other words, who made God?

Why would the "God" have to "come from somewhere?"

You see, this is your downfall, you want to analyze this through human logic, and "God" is not human.

God IS.

It could be that simple.

Also.. I have never said I found the Big Bang theory wrong. One of my favorite questions to ask is, what caused it to happen? My second favorite is, what was here before it happened? I find these things extremely fascinating, and they do anything BUT diminish my spirituality. The Creator was one helluva artist!

Also.. I have never said I found the Big Bang theory wrong. One of my favorite questions to ask is, what caused it to happen? My second favorite is, what was here before it happened? I find these things extremely fascinating, and they do anything BUT diminish my spirituality. The Creator was one helluva artist!

Doesn't answer the question though, who created the Creator? Whatever theory you subscribe to, eventually you come up with the same stumbling block.

Back