states where the most people go hungry

why do these so called christians states NOT Feed their poor people?

I thought you assholes always said the private sector would do it ?

You lied and know you lied because you guys live in these states

I hate to see you left hanging till Tekky returns so, I'll fill you in

it's because you're a miserable prick

INDEED! :indeed:

omigorsh, spoiler within a spoiler and one of those potato head thingies.......they'll make you Trinity for sure, now........

so the right is so concerned about hungry children that the subject just makes them think about cooking themselves something to eat?

and you wonder why your seen as the heartless party

Read it and weep. We aren't 35th, that honor goes to Romania but we are 34th. So suck on that you misogynist!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...pare-on-child-poverty-the-u-s-is-ranked-34th/

lol......so on a chart that depicts the percentage of children living less than 50% below the national median we rank 34th......even though the percentage of children from the rest of the world living less than 50% below OUR national median is likely 95% we are supposed to think its a bad thing to be "below the median" in the US.......

You claim that charity will do it and then even your own states refuse to PROVE your lie filled claims

lol......so on a chart that depicts the percentage of children living less than 50% below the national median we rank 34th......even though the percentage of children from the rest of the world living less than 50% below OUR national median is likely 95% we are supposed to think its a bad thing to be "below the median" in the US.......

The point being made is that your country is at the bottom of all the first world rich countries. That's the comparison you should be concerned about. Not being content to be placed in a comparison with poor countries.

So be it, if you're content with the comparison.

then why do they have the MOST people who are hungry you fucking idiot?

actually they have hardly any who are hungry.......the kids get breakfast and lunch at school........they get food stamps.....they have food pantries.....they have soup kitchens.......its just that a small percentage of the population (20% in the worst) have to utilize those services.....

The point being made is that your country is at the bottom of all the first world rich countries. That's the comparison you should be concerned about. Not being content to be placed in a comparison with poor countries.

So be it, if you're content with the comparison.

then its a bogus point.......we are at the "bottom" of that list because our top is so far above the top of most......people at 50% of our median are above the top of many of them......

would you rather be in the bottom third of the US or the middle third in Spain.......or the middle third of Dubai?......

/shrugs.....you should be the one concerned.....the median income of Canada is lower than that of the US......

Yes, slightly. But the whole point is that median means nothing when income inequality is the world's second worst. Oh forget it, your country is doing fine and Canadians are suffereing horribly. Baby jesus told you so!

actually they have hardly any who are hungry.......the kids get breakfast and lunch at school........they get food stamps.....they have food pantries.....they have soup kitchens.......its just that a small percentage of the population (20% in the worst) have to utilize those services.....

There is a church, close to me, that serves the community by handing out food boxed EVERY TUESDAY and people can go in and sign up, once a month, for an emergency food box.
This is also a very small church.

Chicken breasts, $7.99 and up for a 3# bag.

Happened to buy some chicken breasts today - boneless/skinless - they were $3.79 a pound, I got 3.23 lbs, so $12.24 total. They weren't even organic/free range.

More than Christie spent and definitely more than SF's article
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1210

FYI, this is the only grocery store in town, so I can't really "shop around" unless I want to go to a town that's an hour away.

Yes, slightly. But the whole point is that median means nothing when income inequality is the world's second worst. Oh forget it, your country is doing fine and Canadians are suffereing horribly. Baby jesus told you so!

/shrugs.....income equality tells us we have a whole bunch of really rich people......and that most of us aren't as rich as they are........what is the income equality between a poor person in the US and a middle income person in Mexico.......or in Greece?......it sucks to not be a poor person in the US even more than it sucks to be a poor person in the US......

There is a church, close to me, that serves the community by handing out food boxed EVERY TUESDAY and people can go in and sign up, once a month, for an emergency food box.
This is also a very small church.

there is a food pantry a half mile from my house.....there's also a restaurant operated by folks from our church that will feed people for what they can afford to pay....you can go and pay $8 for a meal or $1 for a meal and you get the same food, they are open three nights a week, all the staff are volunteers except the manager.....three blocks north of that is a food distribution center where anyone can go to get donated food once a week its run by a men's group, about thirty guys who travel to lots of grocery stores and restaurants gathering donations and setting up distribution.......all this is in a town of 5000 people.....five miles away is a larger town that has a city mission where homeless people can stay and two meals a day.....more food pantries.....

almost forgot.....there's another church in town that operates a coop where people can get $25 worth of food per unit....then they buy wholesale and divide it up into equal bundles that cook 5 different meals for four people.....so you can feed a family of four a meal for $5......

Last edited:
I also know of a group of retired widows who get together once a week and make like 25 lbs of goulash or tuna casserole, something different every week......then they freeze it in one serving containers and each takes a few home and they donate the rest to the food pantry so senior citizens don't have to cook a whole casserole for one person....

Back