Suprise, Obamacare "very reasonable"

So you force greater admin costs on them, you force them to accept more chronic people and you think they will magically be able to push costs down? You truly are naive.

It's a good thing the ACA includes administrative simplification measures and forces healthy people to buy insurance, too.

Except the part where I said that one of the CT Silver plans has no deductible and that CA's Gold plan similarly has no deductible, you're absolutely correct.

1) AGAIN... yes, the silver plan for those at 150% of poverty level or below have no deductible, but they still have out of pocket max of 2-4k as I mentioned and you ignored

2) You SAYING CA Gold has no deductible is not evidence. It is simply you saying it. Evidence is linking us up to their information that shows you are correct. Get a dictionary and learn what the words mean before you use them.

Superfreak can't hold a thought in his head. You have to repeat it a lot. He inspired "50 First Dates".

Except that I already addressed his point on CT and he ignored it. He also has not provided any evidence on CA. He simply stated it. That is not evidence. I have once again been reminded of the remedial minds I am discussing things with. I must learn to spell things out for you mentally challenged people.

1) AGAIN... yes, the silver plan for those at 150% of poverty level or below have no deductible, but they still have out of pocket max of 2-4k as I mentioned and you ignored

OK. I don't think $2/4k is unreasonable given the rates for services under that plan. And my more general point is that not all ACA plans are high deductible. If they were, this one wouldn't exist!

2) You SAYING CA Gold has no deductible is not evidence. It is simply you saying it. Evidence is linking us up to their information that shows you are correct. Get a dictionary and learn what the words mean before you use them.

Word is bond:

http://www.coveredca.com/PDFs/English/CoveredCA-HealthPlanBenefitsComparisonChart.pdf

OK. I don't think $2/4k is unreasonable given the rates for services under that plan. And my more general point is that not all ACA plans are high deductible. If they were, this one wouldn't exist!

LMAO... yet it would bankrupt someone who is at or below 150% of poverty level.

and how is that max out of pocket of $6-12k going to be paid for?

What are premiums for those plans as well?

That is on top of limiting the number of doctors in plan to about 25%...

So sad... poor people are getting the shaft from Obama care.

Sounds like SF is advocating for single payer, with everything covered. Works for me, but never would have gotten through Congress.

NO ONE IS SAYING ACA IS PERFECT. It's just better than what we had, and a move in the right direction.

Single coverage will NEVER work in the US without a major overhaul of the entire medical system. I lived in Germany for 3 years and dated a doctor. She was immune from malpractice, all doctors are. If a doctor screws up, the state makes you whole, whatever that means, up to and including paying you if you can no longer work. Doctors do not make the outrageous salaries they make here, but they also do not pay for medical school. No student loans. People become doctors because they want to help people. Doctors in this country go into massive amounts of debt to get their medical degrees. They pay hefty sums for malpractice insurance. Everyone thinks that JUST the AMA doesn't want socialized medicine. Neither do trial lawyers.

Sounds like SF is advocating for single payer, with everything covered. Works for me, but never would have gotten through Congress.

NO ONE IS SAYING ACA IS PERFECT. It's just better than what we had, and a move in the right direction.

No, not in the slightest. I am saying the ACA accomplishes little of its goals to help the uninsured, to stop medical expenses from leading to BK etc...

The ACA is in actuality going in the direction we should be going. Towards higher deductible plans. But it should not be forced onto the populace. If people that are healthy want to take the risk of no insurance, that is up to them. The rest of us should not pay for it. Nor should we pay for the person who wants to eat a Big Mac for every meal (exaggerating for the point here)... that person should pay for it.

I am someone that we're all speaking about. I may be over educated for the mean, but have enough deficits to make up for that.

I was rif'd at 55 from 13 year position as 7th grade home room, LA and Soc studies teacher. Highly qualified in Soc studies, endorsed in LA., ostensibly due to most effective way to merge two Catholic schools into one. Truth is, the principal saw me as a threat and I was more popular with students and parents than her daughter, the 6th grade teacher. I'd earned a MS in Ed in management. I'd made it clear, that wasn't my goal in Catholic school. I was 'replaced' with a teacher with degree in 'nutrition.' Yes, she was teaching both language arts and social studies.

OK, let's deal with what is.

I've always been close to legally defined as deaf. It is congenital and at this point, cannot be addressed with surgery or implants. I was 4 when my folks were called that I failed the kindergarten screening. They already knew, they also knew that I ready reading chapter books, and knew enough to know that was outside the norm. They also recognized my non-hearing impaired brother had the gifts without the disabilities.

Long story short, so many of you 'liberals' denigrate those of us with problems, that see them as something to deal with and compensate for. More importantly, those same adaptations are often part of our argument. Seems so many wish to 'champion' the disadvantage, even when that group says, 'No thanks,' we can get along fine with the, (in my case), 'talk slower and a tad louder.'

I've little problem asking for repeats, though I'm hurt to the core when someone 'repeats in same tone an pitch,' they are mocking and yes, it hurts.

So, what has happened in the 3 years? I filed for unemployment the summer after being Rif'd. In Oct., had completed and passed applications and requirements for subbing for several districts. Come Christmas, went back to unemployment with break in employment, was advised 'teachers' are ineligible for claiming uncovered time off, due to contracts. I responded that I was a day-to-day hire, no contract. Whoops, teachers aren't considered day-to-day. Circumstances no matter.

So for the past 3 years I've subbed, mostly in spec ed. While I love my subject areas, my concern has always been on the individual. My MS in differentiation, even though officially management.

Now I've lost my home, lost health insurance, going for bankruptcy.

I am someone that we're all speaking about. I may be over educated for the mean, but have enough deficits to make up for that.

I was rif'd at 55 from 13 year position as 7th grade home room, LA and Soc studies teacher. Highly qualified in Soc studies, endorsed in LA., ostensibly due to most effective way to merge two Catholic schools into one. Truth is, the principal saw me as a threat and I was more popular with students and parents than her daughter, the 6th grade teacher. I'd earned a MS in Ed in management. I'd made it clear, that wasn't my goal in Catholic school. I was 'replaced' with a teacher with degree in 'nutrition.' Yes, she was teaching both language arts and social studies.

I've always been close to legally defined as deaf. It is congenital and at this point, cannot be addressed with surgery or implants. I was 4 when my folks were called that I failed the kindergarten screening. They already knew, they also knew that I ready reading chapter books, and knew enough to know that was outside the norm. They also recognized my non-hearing impaired brother had the gifts without the disabilities.

Long story short, so many of you 'liberals' denigrate those of us with problems, that see them as something to deal with and compensate for. More importantly, those same adaptations are often part of our argument. Seems so many wish to 'champion' the disadvantage, even when that group says, 'No thanks,' we can get along fine with the, (in my case), 'talk slower and a tad louder.'

I've little problem asking for repeats, though I'm hurt to the core when someone 'repeats in same tone an pitch,' they are mocking and yes, it hurts.

So, what has happened in the 3 years? I filed for unemployment the summer after being Rif'd. In Oct., had completed and passed applications and requirements for subbing for several districts. Come Christmas, went back to unemployment with break in employment, was advised 'teachers' are ineligible for claiming uncovered time off, due to contracts. I responded that I was a day-to-day hire, no contract. Whoops, teachers aren't considered day-to-day. Circumstances no matter.

So for the past 3 years I've subbed, mostly in spec ed. While I love my subject areas, my concern has always been on the individual. My MS in differentiation, even though officially management.

Where on earth will you find health insurance? http://lmgtfy.com/

I appreciate the honesty and sincerity of your thoughts.

This is something everyone should pay attention to.

I wish you all the best Annie.

Back